Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2005, 20:44   #121
God Member

Re: In Our Thoughts!

Another worrying aspect of this performance is the involvement of a group like Amnesty International. OK, a lot of what they do (not everything) I can support, what I cannot support however is this blatant attempt at politicising of the classroom. Any teacher's political views and opinions should be left at the school gate. The word Educate comes from the latin Educare and means to lead out . It does not mean to stuff children's heads with a second hand view of the world. It may imply showing children how to think, but it certainly does not imply telling them what to think!

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 13-12-2005 at 20:48.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-12-2005, 21:14   #122
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Just adding my name to this thread so I get the e-mail updates as its certainly got my interest and would love to know more, my daughters school are not doing these cards and she was disgusted at what has been happening at another school where she has friends. Come on Tinks let us have another update as soon as possible.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 14-12-2005 at 22:09.
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 21:25   #123
Resident Waffler

A couple of years ago I was aware of Amnesty International encouraging the sending of cards to political prisoners and I've nothing against adults doing that if they choose but the school is totally totally wrong to involve children in sending them to prisoners of any kind and putting names and addresses on is ridiculous. If they'd wanted the children to do cards couldn't they have just put "from a pupil" or somethng? Even so I thin they should have asked parnt's permission to do that.

Please keep us informed Tinks.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 22:00   #124
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Just adding my name to this thread so I get the e-mail updates
If you click on thread tools at the top of the page you can then subscribe to this thread and get the emails instead of posting.
Old 14-12-2005, 22:21   #125
God Member

Not alot to report. I've made an appointment to see the teacher on Monday apparently he's very busy! Which serves to build my anger. The only development was the original teacher made quite an example of my little one today, which I'm far from happy about! She got my daughter on the corridor and said "I've found your card!" Then later went into her form room and ripped the card in half right in front of her face and said "there it's been destroyed!" in front of all her friends. Silly b***h!!

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 14-12-2005 at 22:26.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 22:28   #126
I am Banned

it sounds as though the head teacher is hoping you will forget about it if he or she leaves it as long as possible to see you

also what the teacher did to your child is intimidation and i would no longer be wanting to deal with the head teacher i would now be speaking to the education authorities oh and a solicitor
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 22:31   #127
God Member

I have the feeling your probably right chav.
Old 14-12-2005, 22:45   #128
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Not alot to report. I've made an appointment to see the teacher on Monday apparently he's very busy! Which serves to build my anger. The only development was the original teacher made quite an example of my little one today, which I'm far from happy about! She got my daughter on the corridor and said "I've found your card!" Then later went into her form room and ripped the card in half right in front of her face and said "there it's been destroyed!" in front of all her friends. Silly b***h!!
Just that act is disgusting in itself, and shows very, very poor teaching skills on his/her part.

That would add to my fury when you see the Head on Monday.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 22:53   #129
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
That would add to my fury when you see the Head on Monday.
Oh don't worry it has! I'd love to put on here exactly what I would like to do to the teacher if I get my hands on her!
Old 14-12-2005, 22:55   #130
Give, give, give member

Tinks with what happened today, and being put off until Monday because the head id 'too busy' to see you, I'd be straight onto the blower to the national press. Your daughter can't be any more humiliated than she must have been today.

Old 14-12-2005, 23:00   #131
God Member

I have mentioned to my little one that vitty was interested in running the story but she's very apprehensive about it. She's worried people will know the story is about her, which I can understand.
Old 14-12-2005, 23:02   #132
Give, give, give member

Understandable that. Her feelings must come first.

Old 14-12-2005, 23:13   #133
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

tinks you know you have my sympathy an everyone elses by the looks, the education authorites should definately be informed about the initial act,and also about whats happened since, the humiliation of your daughter is beyond forgiveness in my book.
Old 15-12-2005, 11:41   #134

Tinks show this thread to your Daughter, it might make her feel better about publicising the issue when she sees how many are on her side. Though I can understand her reticense it does warrant showing the teachers up for what they are.
The treatment your Daughter recieved shows how they have no regards for her well being and I too would want to string her up.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 13:12   #135
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Tinks, you are absolutely right to make waves about this. Not only is it disgusting that parental consent was not sought in the first place, but the actions of the teacher since you went to see her have been nothing short of embarrassing, not only for your daughter but for the school and herself. I hope that this teacher is hanging her head in shame but I doubt it. It's up to you Tinks to make sure that she does. Before you see the head, write everything down, the date that the card was made, when you spoke to the teacher and what was said, the date that the teacher tore up the card in front of your daughter's classmates and any of your daughter's friends in that class who saw what happened. Do not let the headteacher bamboozle you into accepting what has happened as any form of education..... hit em with Acrylic-Bob's 'Educare' thingy...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..