Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2005, 21:44   #151
Member.

Re: In Our Thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Banging head and brick wall springs to my mind Doug!
Don’t do that Tinks, It will hurt and eventually a little man will come and take you way, and let’s face it he’s only waiting for the slightest excuse…..

Time is nay, fight or flight, do it now or walk away and wait for the next time. They can out wait you and if you continue after Christmas you won’t hold on to the shock value.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2005, 21:47   #152
Clearly Classy.......

Quote:
Yes Spug the different teachers I've now had to have communication with over this have had this mysterious nervous look appear on there faces ....... then it's pass the book time to another member of staff!
Refuse to speak to anyone else until you have seen the Head. If you are refused this then tell them you want the contact details for the Chair of school governers. It's time they stopped messing you around. And I have poseted as romps again - Neil

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2005, 21:50   #153
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Don’t do that Tinks, It will hurt and eventually a little man will come and take you way, and let’s face it he’s only waiting for the slightest excuse…..
He's banging on my door now, I've told him "your names not down your not coming in!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Time is nay, fight or flight, do it now or walk away and wait for the next time.
I don't think there will be a next time, I get a distinct impression that things are going on between the staff behind the scenes. For instance, the female member of staff who told her to make the card originally was in with the Head Teacher on one of the occaisions I was told to ring and speak to her.
Old 19-12-2005, 21:51   #154
Give, give, give member

I would be livid by this time if I hadn't been granted an audience with the Head over something so important.

I applaud your patience Tinks.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2005, 21:54   #155
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I think you are being taken for a ride Miss T. Bell.
Old 19-12-2005, 21:56   #156
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I would be livid by this time if I hadn't been granted an audience with the Head over something so important.

It's not patience, what can I do my hands are tied!! I can appreciate it is a busy time of year for them. They finish school tomorrow for Christmas break, they are hoping thay can put me off and hope it just goes away .... I can tell what their game is!
Old 19-12-2005, 22:00   #157
Give, give, give member

Quote:
It's not patience, what can I do my hands are tied!! I can appreciate it is a busy time of year for them. They finish school tomorrow for Christmas break, they are hoping thay can put me off and hope it just goes away .... I can tell what their game is!
Chain yourself to his/her car.

You're too nice. Give, give, give.

Go on kick ass, I know you can.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2005, 22:03   #158
God Member

I have thought about waiting for the Head unofficially after school (omg that sounds so childish like I'm gonna giver her a slap but you know what I mean ) because you can't get past the Heads secretary.
Old 20-12-2005, 00:28   #159
God Member

Quote:
I have thought about waiting for the Head unofficially after school (omg that sounds so childish like I'm gonna giver her a slap but you know what I mean ) because you can't get past the Heads secretary.
The best way past the Doberman is by taking letters adressed to LCC HBC the school and the press (a formal written complaint that is) and let them know they are to be posted as the action by the school is not satisfactory. Then lets see how far they bend backwards to accomidate you.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 03:51   #160
Resting in Peace

Tinks not to sure you'll be able to read this before school time, however here goes.

Go to the school with letters in hand (even if the envolopes are empty or have blanck sheets in them at this time) with the addresses of the
LEA,
HBC,
Mr/Mrs MP of your area,
The Education Dept in Whitehall,
The Right Hon Mr A Blair 10 Downing Street London EC10

and just state to the desk bound lady that if you have not been able to see the head by end of school and feel satisfied with the outcome of the meeting then these letters WILL BE POSTED on your way home. If you have to just put the http address of this link (not sure how to do that but hope someone else will answwer that one) and then post them off.

I feel really disgusted at what has happened here and wish i could express my feelings more
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 04:15   #161
God Member

Area Education Office
The Globe
St James Square
ACCRINGTON
BB5 ORE
Telephone : 01254 220736

Hon Greg Pope MP
149 Blackburn Road
Accrington
Lancs BB5 0AA

Telephone: 01254 382283

Rt Hon Tony Blair MP
10 Downing Street
London SW1.

Hon Ruth Kelly MP
Sanctuary Buildings, London
Department for Education and Skills
Sanctuary Buildings
Great Smith Street
London
SW1P 3BT

Hope this Helps Tinks, Dont Stop Badgering them.
Old 20-12-2005, 04:20   #162
Resting in Peace

A-B saw you looking and wondering what you might put thanks for getting that info for tinks I will have to learn to surf 'tinternet better
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 06:22   #163
Senior Member+

Less matey not a bad idea will send an e mail on to sky as sometimes they get in to stuff like this.
Old 20-12-2005, 06:25   #164
Senior Member+

Copied and pasted it in Tinks as i have 3 weeks off i will wait and see if there is any answer or even if it makes it on to the programme
Old 20-12-2005, 07:09   #165
Resident Waffler

Don't be put off by their delaying tactics Tinks. (That's hard to say out loud "tac tics Tinks") That's just what they are hoping for. They think that once the initial anger has worn off you won't bother. If I were you and they told me the head wasn't availale today I would just say "I'll wait" and then proceed to wait. He has to come out sometime.

You have tried to go through all the proper channels and been thwarted. This is a serious issue. Have any of those cards been sent? Does the head realise the danger those children are in if cards have been sent? It's not just your daughter. It's all of them. Do any other parents know? Is there a PTA?

If you don't get to see the head today then I think the time has come to speak to someone in higher authority and the added fact that the head hasn't seen you won't help the schools case then will it? Perhaps they'd like to chew on that whilst they're busy avoiding talking to you.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..