Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2005, 07:31   #166
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: In Our Thoughts!

Go for it Tinks and insist on seeing the head today..... Don't take no for an answer they're not that busy in the run up to Christmas. A relative of mine works at a comprehensive school and all they are doing are shows and fun stuff this week. It sounds like they are hoping that if they put you off enough you will let it drop. The one sure fire way of getting a comment from the school would be to put it in the paper...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2005, 10:33   #167
God Member

I've spoken to Vitty this morning.
Old 20-12-2005, 10:38   #168
God Member

Good on you T. You gave them a chance and they snubbed it so now they have to face the fall out for it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 10:41   #169
God Member

It's not done maliciously or anything Spug it's just to see if Vitty can get answers were I can't. They fobbed me off on the phone again this morning, said he'd be very busy all day with the Carol Service, he's been busy for close to 2 weeks now!!
Old 20-12-2005, 10:51   #170
God Member

Busy cleaning his underwear would be closer to the mark. It is not malicious in any way shape or form as you are doing what any resposible parent would do to protect their children.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 11:01   #171
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
It's not done maliciously or anything Spug it's just to see if Vitty can get answers were I can't. They fobbed me off on the phone again this morning, said he'd be very busy all day with the Carol Service, he's been busy for close to 2 weeks now!!
I don’t think that anyone would consider your actions malicious Tinks. You’ve tried to talk to them and express your concerns; they are the ones who have failed to respond appropriately.

I personally don’t think they have left you with any other option but to seek the support else were. Perhaps other parents affected the same way or those still in the dark to these event will join the ranks and help bring this situation to a satisfactory conclusion. The School may then learn the valuable lesson of listening to parents………

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 11:21   #172
God Member

Right I've just spoke to vitty on the telephone, he will post himself later what the school have said.

Basically the Deputy Head asured vitty that none of the cards are going to convicted rapists or murderers but are Prisoners of conscience and the only crime they have committed is their religion not being that of the country they live in or speaking out against the Government of their country.

I don't have a problem with this at all but why couldn't someone from the school have just answered and told me this in the first place!
Old 20-12-2005, 11:27   #173
God Member

I'd like to know how the deputy head could be assured of this? The only way to be sure is to not send any in the first instance.

I personally still think it is a very misguided act and the response of teh teacher and the school is nothing short of diabolical. I would still be looking for a formal apology for the way the teacher embarrassed your daughter in front of her friends at teh very least.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 11:29   #174
I am Banned

hang on a minuite..

i think the head is talking bullsh*t

Quote:
She went on to tell me that the teacher gave each pupil in her class a piece of paper with a picture and a few details about whom their card was to be designated to. My daughter’s recipient is a ‘gentleman’ serving a life sentence for rape and murder!
so where did this piece of paper come from then...?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 11:31   #175

At the end of the day Tinks the school have acted abominablly, both to you and your daughter. In the first instance they should have sought your permission BEFORE asking your daughter to write the card along with a full explaination as to who these cards were being sent. Secondly you should have been able to see the head the day you first made the query. They would have expected you to be in school immediately if your daughter had done something wrong for which she could have been excluded. If you didn't they would treat you as an uncaring parent. Surely communication works both ways.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 11:34   #176
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
I'd like to know how the deputy head could be assured of this? The only way to be sure is to not send any in the first instance.
Because they have been sending cards for Amnesty for many years

Quote:
I personally still think it is a very misguided act and the response of teh teacher and the school is nothing short of diabolical.
The response yes, the Head of R.E has just got back to me in the last few minutes after all this time!

Quote:
I would still be looking for a formal apology for the way the teacher embarrassed your daughter in front of her friends at teh very least.
I had very strong words with him about this bit and he assures me he will be speaking to her.
Old 20-12-2005, 11:40   #177
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
hang on a minuite..

i think the head is talking bullsh*t

No I don't think it's bullsh*t chav, what would be the point in them filling vitty with it. It looks like mine and quite a few of the kids in the class have got the wrong end of the stick some were about the convictions. The Deputy told vitty that they had been learning something about crimes and punishment and the kids have obviously got mixed up some were along the lines! I will be speaking to my little one when she gets home again and see if she knows the mix up and try to explain it to her.

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 20-12-2005 at 11:45.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 11:42   #178
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie J
Secondly you should have been able to see the head the day you first made the query.
This I totally agree with!!
Old 20-12-2005, 11:52   #179
DLR

That is just attrocious. Don't give up. I've not read all the replies as it's such a long post so not sure if this has been suggested but why don't type a letter and print out enough copies for your daughter to give to her class mates. The letter is to be addressed to the parents, maybe some are not aware of this or even of the type of people they are being asked to contact. Group protesters will behard to ignore when you knock on the heads door. I'm sure there will be support for you with this.

In fact....contact the local news desk on ITV too
DLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 13:13   #180
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1

Looks like this is the guy in question, found out some info after the Deputy told vitty (a re-occurence of the the Deputy telling vitty more than I have been told in the last 2 weeks )

On 20 February 1998 Jawed Khan was sentenced to death after being charged with murder. He was only 14 years old at the time of the alleged offence. Legislation introduced in Pakistan in July 2000 prohibits the death penalty for offences committed by those under 18.

Jawed Khan © Private

More info on his case at http://www.amnesty.org.uk/gcc/2005/cases/jawed/

I don't know were the rape bit came from, but it's obvious with the murder conviction.

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 20-12-2005 at 13:38.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..