Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 08:38   #1
God Member

Indicators

Grrrr Just a note to pillocks who have lost the plot..

Indicators... they are not for letting us know you are turning left or right. they are not for letting us know you are changing lanes.

We can see that when you are doing it!

Indicators are there to indicate your intention to do these things... If you turn the steering wheel and indicate at the same time it is useless.. Indicate BEFORE you turn or change lanes then we know what your going to do!!!

Also... . I stood on a very cold street corner (now then) with my kids this morning waiting to cross the road but a car was approaching us.... then it turned just before it got to us.... No other cars about so the driver must have decided no need to indicate... grrrrr

On a lighter note ........................
Old 07-12-2006, 08:50   #2
God Member

Re: Indicators

Wasn't a BMW was it, I find that BMWs must have an inherent fault with their indicators because no sodding BMW drivers seem to know how to turn them on!

Oh and to the bloke in the saxo coming over Thelwall, pay attention its not good for my heart to see you all crossed up and smoking tyres as you try to stop yourself from running into the back of me due to you not paying attention to the flow of traffic. I don't think the guy in the merc was too happy about you nearly sideswiping him out of his lane either! Still on the other hand, I bet your journey home to change your pants was at a more sedate pace and attentive state.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:50   #3
Resident Waffler

Oooh one of my pet peeves too. Why do some drivers assume that pedestrians do not count when it comes to indicating?

I also get miffed with drivers who wave pedestrians across in front of them, not taking into account that there are other cars on the road coming from other directions. I was waiting for the green man at a pelican crossing the other day when a driver stopped (his lights were green and I still had the red man in front of me) and glared at me for not crossing. I pointed at the red man. He shrugged his shoulders and mouthed something which looked like " ******* please yourself" just as a car came round the corner and right in front of me. I smiled at him and pointed to the car under the wheels of which I would then have been if I'd taken any notice of him.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 07-12-2006 at 08:58.
WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:57   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Wasn't a BMW was it, I find that BMWs must have an inherent fault with their indicators because no sodding BMW drivers seem to know how to turn them on!.
Your on the right track there.. It seems to me people with posh cars such as beamers and mercs, jags (ya dont see so many now) and the like.. sports cars like porch... I think they feel the road is theres so they dont have to adhere to the rules

not indicators... but people having a chat at pelican crossing..... deary me
Old 07-12-2006, 09:04   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I also get miffed with drivers who wave pedestrians across in front of them,

As a driver it really gets up my nose that other drivers do this. They may think they are being kind but it's actually one of the most stupid and dangerous things to do.

As for considering pedestrians I can't say I bother too much, I don't drive on the pavement but if pedestrians want to walk on the road then they should be aware of who owns it
Old 07-12-2006, 09:07   #6
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

As for considering pedestrians I can't say I bother too much, I don't drive on the pavement but if pedestrians want to walk on the road then they should be aware of who owns it

But pedestrians wait to cross the road and indicating what you intend to do can help them to cross in safety.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:11   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
As a driver it really gets up my nose that other drivers do this. They may think they are being kind but it's actually one of the most stupid and dangerous things to do.

Oh really!!! Lazy inconsiderate car drivers, in fact drivers waving on pedestrians to across is safe well im still here & thankful to all those kind driivers - nowt worse than an arogant i own the rd user So i'd be careful cos i may arrange a car free day for you to be a pedestrian for the duration & lets see about your comment then hehehheheheehe

Accymel - pedestrian
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:16   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
Grrrr Just a note to pillocks who have lost the plot..

Indicators... they are not for letting us know you are turning left or right. they are not for letting us know you are changing lanes.

We can see that when you are doing it!

Indicators are there to indicate your intention to do these things... If you turn the steering wheel and indicate at the same time it is useless.. Indicate BEFORE you turn or change lanes then we know what your going to do!!!

Also... . I stood on a very cold street corner (now then) with my kids this morning waiting to cross the road but a car was approaching us.... then it turned just before it got to us.... No other cars about so the driver must have decided no need to indicate... grrrrr
I must admit i do share your gripe, thats one of the most annoying especially when walking & u dont know where the driver is going - the amount of times i've crossed & a car last minute decides to turn into rd without indicating or very last minute, same when driving grrrr those people buggered my driving tests up as my regular arguement is that im not bloody psychic & apparently u have to be!! They shouldnt be allowed to drive on the road & take a re test - no bloody excuse for indicating late & most reason for an accident - certainly with pedestrians & other road users!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:22   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
in fact drivers waving on pedestrians to across is safe

Sorry we will have to disagree. At a pelican crossing when the green light is on it's extremely dangerous. If the motorist waving the pedestrain across the road is close to the kerb it is not unreasonable for a motorist driving up from behind to think he has parked in a stupid place and therefore will actually drive past because you wouldn't expect a pedestrian to be crossing when the lights are green !!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:29   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Sorry we will have to disagree. At a pelican crossing when the green light is on it's extremely dangerous. If the motorist waving the pedestrain across the road is close to the kerb it is not unreasonable for a motorist driving up from behind to think he has parked in a stupid place and therefore will actually drive past because you wouldn't expect a pedestrian to be crossing when the lights are green !!
Doh yeh some responsibility is on the pedestrian to know the green cross code & not cross at certain points without checking the rd is clear beforehand just as much as a driver should be aware of the highway code!!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:38   #11
God Member

Drivers that don't indicate on mini-roundabouts get right on my nerves
Old 07-12-2006, 09:50   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post

we know heheheheheheheee
Old 07-12-2006, 10:04   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
No point indicating if your'e driving straight over them
Old 07-12-2006, 10:59   #14
God Member

It really bugs me too when drivers dont indicate, I dont think its just posh car drivers though, the other thing that annoys me is drivers that cut the corners, twice this week someones nearly crashed into me because they've cut the corner, silver Saxo and male driver!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 15:08   #15
God Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...9&in_a_source=

Thats in todays Daily Mail. Ok its a woman who has re-sat her test but how many people would pass their test again?
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..