Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree246Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2015, 19:02   #106
God Member

Re: Paris Shootings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Really nice Nick and really, really nice Ed probably wouldn't vote it in.

After all, don't forget Human Rights, offending minorities, minority votes etc.

Not to mention European Court of Human Rights and European Court of Justice.

If quite nice David does get in, we'll see what he actually does, probably get watered down.
That's another thing that pees me off about muslims ... they give tolerance and Human Rights a bad name. Civil Rights in the States was a great idea (from an underrated President), and as soon as the cops get on board, it will be even better. But Human Rights work only if everyone gets with the program. Call it mutual respect. There are muslims out there demanding everything in return for nothing: "You have the right to respect me and my religion ... but don't nuke your bacon in a microwave I might use at some point in the future. Oh, and don't honor your soldiers. Have a Happy Holiday."

"Britain (or decadent Western cesspool of your choice): If your heart ain't in it, get your ass out of it." I changed it a little.

How can you "water down" a vague promise to do very little.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2015, 19:05   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Really nice Nick and really, really nice Ed probably wouldn't vote it in.

After all, don't forget Human Rights, offending minorities, minority votes etc.

Not to mention European Court of Human Rights and European Court of Justice.

If quite nice David does get in, we'll see what he actually does, probably get watered down.
Well aware of that Gordon, but the point is if he tried now and they stopped him (even so i think a majority would be got) Then it would only increase his chance of being re-elected imho.
Old 12-01-2015, 19:12   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well aware of that Gordon, but the point is if he tried now and they stopped him (even so i think a majority would be got) Then it would only increase his chance of being re-elected imho.
That's a good point, cashman.
I'll bet he doesn't though. Talking about it may lose some votes, doing it may lose more and underneath they're all chicken.
cashman and Eric like this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 19:39   #109
God Member

Quote:
they're all chicken.
Nah ... Chickens have balls. I know that 'cause I got some delivered from Panda Garden the other nite.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 22:35   #110
God Member

the news paper/magazine is reprinting the pictures of mohamhead in its next issue to show they are not beaten and their right to freedom of speech will not be silenced

good on them its a pitty every newspaper in the free world isnt publishing them as well in defiance and also to show that all the terrorists acheived was making their problem a lot worse than one magazine offending them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 14:06   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What will it take for it to be a war in your eyes?
The US never formally declared war on Vietnam, do you think that wasn't a war?
The USA have declared war five times. They declared war on North Vietnam in 1964 after the Vietcong fired missiles at an American ship.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 14:11   #112

I think we need a global redefinition....
If we keep talking about "muslim fundamentalists" it sets us up for accusations of being "islamophobes".
We need to to start calling them "ISLAMOFASCISTS". We have some experience in dealing with fascists.
keep the faith likes this.
Burningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 21:29   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman View Post
I think we need a global redefinition....
If we keep talking about "muslim fundamentalists" it sets us up for accusations of being "islamophobes".
We need to to start calling them "ISLAMOFASCISTS". We have some experience in dealing with fascists.
I think we've played into the hands of the fundamentalists who refrain from differing between the Muslim sects. They ignore the fact that different nationalities have their own customs and simply stress the fact that they are all Muslim Brothers and Sisters. This surely is why muslims of Arabia, Sudanese origin, Pakistani origin, Eastern European origin, etc., feel free to usurp the inhabitants of another country and often on another continent.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 01:57   #114
God Member

as for what government plans to do about the problem its just too close to an election to believe a damn word any of them say they will do about it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 07:31   #115
Senior Member+

Religion is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 07:34   #116
Beacon of light

No, you are wrong Jason.
It is not religion which is dangerous, it is the perversion of religion to justify power for men which is the true danger
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 11:53   #117
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No, you are wrong Jason.
It is not religion which is dangerous, it is the perversion of religion to justify power for men which is the true danger
Has he ever been right?
Less and DtheP47 like this.
Old 14-01-2015, 19:37   #118
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No, you are wrong Jason.
Ian McEwan wrote in Saturday's Guardian about how radical Islam has become global attractor for psychopaths Margaret. He makes a point worthy of consideration too that the most effective way of murdering Muslims is to join ISIS and that Pegida or the NF who are thinking of striking back should consider that.
Provocative post I know.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 09:52   #119
Senior Member+

This madness cannot be allowed to continue. Stoning women to death, crucifixion, making a little boy shoot spies & throwing homosexuals off buildings- The human race makes me sick
Old 17-01-2015, 09:58   #120
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
This madness cannot be allowed to continue. Stoning women to death, crucifixion, making a little boy shoot spies & throwing homosexuals off buildings- The human race makes me sick
You missed the 1000 lashes sentence to blogger Raif Badawi Rob !!
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..