Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2016, 12:15   #946
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I find it quite amazing that there are over 17 million racists in the country which is what there are if this type of propaganda is to be believed. We all have a certain amount of prejudice against our fellow man not all of whom are immigrants or potential immigrants. That doesn't mean all that voted leave did it for racial reasons, so it's about time those that wanted to stay stopped spouting this little snippet and joined with the rest with a determined effort to work together and ensure that we all benefit from the outcome.

Had the vote been to stay, I hope I would now be prepared to accept whatever fate held for us within the Union.
Much of the doom and gloom being peddled by those sour bad losers will be a self fulfilling prophecy......except that No, it isn't the value of sterling has risen, the FTSE is back at the level it was in February......and many businesses are saying the there has been no change in their customer base.

Losing the triple A rating was bound to happen, but the credit rating agency Standard and Poor have been wrong in the past about the economic growth of this country.....and of course we are not out of the woods, but I can see sunshine through the trees.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-06-2016, 12:28   #947
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

And the media keeps telling us how the 2nd Referendum poll has increased, who gives a stuff, get oer it you saddos democracy tells yeh were OUT.http://www.express.co.uk/finance/cit...00-fights-back they aint telling this on the tele.

Last edited by cashman; 29-06-2016 at 12:30.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 12:49   #948
Beacon of light

Cashy that is just what I was saying in my previous post......so Maybe, just Maybe Standard and Poor are wrong(again - let's hope).

I keep my ear to the ground and don't just follow what the popular media is feeding us.
Old 29-06-2016, 13:03   #949
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Oh i know Margaret, its for the people that just listen to the rubbish were fed on the tele news.
Old 29-06-2016, 14:05   #950
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
the value of sterling has risen, the FTSE is back at the level it was in February......and many businesses are saying the there has been no change in their customer base.
Funny you should mention it ... just finished reading this:

Global markets oversold unless Brexit is a sign of something worse: Don Pittis - Business - CBC News

Don't agree with all of it ... but at least it appears as if the storm in the teacup is over and the fart in the spacesuit has dissipated.

Seems as if politicians are going to have to rethink the way they behave once in power. When Cameron allowed the Referendum to take place he opened up an immense can of worms. Seems as if the "little guy" will have to be taken seriously ... well, for a while at least; maybe a decade or so. Maybe what 17 million geriatric, racist Britons did will inspire voters all over Europe to use their power.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 14:35   #951
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Funny you should mention it ... just finished reading this:

Global markets oversold unless Brexit is a sign of something worse: Don Pittis - Business - CBC News

Don't agree with all of it ... but at least it appears as if the storm in the teacup is over and the fart in the spacesuit has dissipated.

Seems as if politicians are going to have to rethink the way they behave once in power.

Seems as if the "little guy" will have to be taken seriously ... well, for a while at least; maybe a decade or so. Maybe what 17 million geriatric, racist Britons did will inspire voters all over Europe to use their power.
I have a funny feeling that I have said something very similar somewhere in this thread.

The politicians of all shades have stopped listening to concerns of the electorate...they have marched ahead with their own agendas...thinking us too dumb to be able to think for ourselves...or see what is going on.
They have done the things that they tell us, are best for us without asking whether it was in line with what we wanted.

I hope that more people rise up and follow their hearts....or as you say Eric...use their power.
Less and cashman like this.
Old 29-06-2016, 14:49   #952
Senior Member+

If an MP receives support, financial or otherwise, from a Trade Union how will he resolve the dilemma of getting rid of JC when JC is supported by that particular Union?
Old 29-06-2016, 16:16   #953
God Member

... and all this "racism on the rise" bs is really burning my ass. The media ... bunch of Frankly Unctuous (character in a book, for those of you who want to play around on Google) assholes, with mock profundity written all over their fake faces, inform us that incidents of racism are on the rise. No shiite Sherlock. Of course they are. Don't take much to get the racists going ... there was a massive spike in incidents over the Paris bombings too, and that didn't have much to do with Brexit. But the number of racists in Britain probably remains the same as it was before the vote. They'll have a little fling, and then settle down again. And the voices of those Britons who are not racist ... (about 94% of them; I almost said 95%, but nobody takes that figure seriously any more ... will drown them out.

Seems like racism and anti-Islam attacks are occurring regularly in places with absolutely no links to Brexit. The Aussies seem to be getting into it:

Bishop: Mosque attack politically motivated

Altho' it seems like they could use a few lessons in bomb making from the muslims (Politically Incorrect Humor)

And over here too:

Canadian anti-Muslim sentiment is rising, disturbing new poll reveals - Macleans.ca

Anyway ... that's enough ... gotta quit before I start using George Carlin's seven words.
Old 29-06-2016, 16:16   #954
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Wow! That was a good, something an old racist youth hating ill informed, ill educated make a protest voter like me, would never read.

According to the badly informed that sit in the palace of Westminster trying their best to make leaving the worst thing since man's ancestor's came down from the trees.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 16:31   #955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have a funny feeling that I have said something very similar somewhere in this thread.
Yes, I think we all are repeating ourselves more now since the results than before.
We have a result whatever point of view before we need to work hard together to bring positive results for all.

Perhaps it's time we started a new thread?
The title must be something positive, perhaps,

FORWARD AS A NATION NOT A CONTINENT.

or maybe,

WE'RE ALL OUT OF IT TOGETHER.

I really can't think of one at the spare of the moment, give me a decade of infighting and bickering maybe I can find something that will suit?
Old 29-06-2016, 17:11   #956
Beacon of light

Or it could be
95% OF US ARE INCAPABLE OF DETERMINING OUR OWN FUTURE.
that should provoke some interesting views.
Old 29-06-2016, 17:47   #958

The only offence I can take and believe me, I looked for even the smallest potential, was the use of apologize on a U.K. website!
Margaret Pilkington and Eric like this.
Old 29-06-2016, 17:53   #959
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
The only offence I can take and believe me, I looked for even the smallest potential, was the use of apologize on a U.K. website!
Darn ... And here's me a thinkin' it would have been "towards"
Old 29-06-2016, 18:14   #960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Darn ... And here's me a thinkin' it would have been "towards"
Don't ask me I'm not an English teacher, unlike them, I don't know everything, though I know a politician that reckons he knows at least 95% of it all.

How we see him.

How he imagines himself.

My apologies to the real Graham Jones. (Lt Colonel Graham Jones MBE).

Last edited by Less; 29-06-2016 at 18:16.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..