Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2008, 21:48   #106
God Member

Re: Support For Migrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
You'll have to do abit better than that now won't you..my son!
I wondered how long it would be before you two became 'Buddies '

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2008, 21:48   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Declan, I think if the British people were allowed a vote on whether they wanted to be in the EU or out of it........most of them would vote to be out of it.
When we first joined the Common Market(as it was called then) I recall it being put forward mainly as an aid to trade.....it was never envisaged that it would become the great monstrous European state, with people who we haven't elected making decisions for us....decisions that we can have no influence over. This to me is not democracy.
I do not want to be European. I am BRITISH, and wish to stay British.
And just to stay in keeping with the thread........I do not feel that having money spent on Migrants will make them integrate....only the migrants who want to integrate will do so, and they will do it whether they have money spent to make integration easier or not.
Shhhhh ……….he’ll tell you that you are racist, disrespectful, tar you with a complex, then hint that you might have Nazi tendencies in his last sentence.
Old 23-06-2008, 21:52   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I wondered how long it would be before you two became 'Buddies '
Cor blimey Guv! you mean me?.. come buddies with who.. you been on the sangria ain't you?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 21:56   #109
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
'' i just say as i see' clearly without any thought to anyone else.
It is easy to mock others without any proof. Clearly you have demonstrated you find that type of behaviour easier than rational and sensible debate.

Other people on the thread have managed to behave in an intelligent and polite manner whilst disagreeing, why can't you?
oh its not sensible @ rational if it don't fit in your narrow mind? you never did say why you asked that question, you can think what you wish about my behaviour, thats your choice, perhaps its cos i didn't like your question? but thats not rational or sensible in your ivory tower is it?
Old 23-06-2008, 21:59   #110
Junior Member+

Margaret thank you for your points and the respectfull way you put them, but like it or not we are European citizens but that does not mean we have to lose or own identies, when there was last a vote on common Market staying in or out the majority voted to stay in, what many fail to see in the global ecomomy the Uk cannot go it alone and ignore 500 million market on its door step Europe for all its faults has brought peace and the end of slaughter, i agree with you as it develops the open free market is a good thing, and yes maybe people in many of the countries are fearfull of where its going, my job takes me all around Europe and i see at first hand its benefits i was Ireland two weeks ago when they voted no, and part of the reasons was they had concerns about laws ect, but hundreds of thosands of British people have moved and now live and work in Europe, and the same process of free movement is applied to all citizens i am sure Margaret that when you read about " money spent of migrants" you must understand that that yes they should and with help will integrate but hey did not ask personally for that money, many just want and do work and support themselves and their families, if government bodies in the Uk want to throw money at them, dont blame or demonise them there human beings like me and you, you put forward some good points and i thank you that you did not verbally abuse those E.U citizens who have come to our country, the tablod gutter press stir alot of this hatred and lies up, then mention nothing when these people are attacked in the street and i know you would like me be totally against that. Our own Governments of both parties have alot to answer for, but sadly in this now global economy we need Europe and Europe needs us, it can the Europeans model be changed and maybe the no votes in FRance Holland and now Ireland be a wake up call to them that there must be changes but wishing it would all go away as some do is going to do nothing. We can be proud UK citizens and part of Europe as well, but maybe a more fairer and better balanced affair than it is now, and to ensure our children live in a country that never has to give some many lives as it did in both wars that is worth working for thank you for engaging in the debate without insult and hatred for others we need reasoned voices like yours to be heard all best home again now in good old York
Old 23-06-2008, 22:04   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by declan View Post
Margaret thank you for your points and the respectfull way you put them, but like it or not we are European citizens but that does not mean we have to lose or own identies, when there was last a vote on common Market staying in or out the majority voted to stay in, what many fail to see in the global ecomomy the Uk cannot go it alone and ignore 500 million market on its door step Europe for all its faults has brought peace and the end of slaughter, i agree with you as it develops the open free market is a good thing, and yes maybe people in many of the countries are fearfull of where its going, my job takes me all around Europe and i see at first hand its benefits i was Ireland two weeks ago when they voted no, and part of the reasons was they had concerns about laws ect, but hundreds of thosands of British people have moved and now live and work in Europe, and the same process of free movement is applied to all citizens i am sure Margaret that when you read about " money spent of migrants" you must understand that that yes they should and with help will integrate but hey did not ask personally for that money, many just want and do work and support themselves and their families, if government bodies in the Uk want to throw money at them, dont blame or demonise them there human beings like me and you, you put forward some good points and i thank you that you did not verbally abuse those E.U citizens who have come to our country, the tablod gutter press stir alot of this hatred and lies up, then mention nothing when these people are attacked in the street and i know you would like me be totally against that. Our own Governments of both parties have alot to answer for, but sadly in this now global economy we need Europe and Europe needs us, it can the Europeans model be changed and maybe the no votes in FRance Holland and now Ireland be a wake up call to them that there must be changes but wishing it would all go away as some do is going to do nothing. We can be proud UK citizens and part of Europe as well, but maybe a more fairer and better balanced affair than it is now, and to ensure our children live in a country that never has to give some many lives as it did in both wars that is worth working for thank you for engaging in the debate without insult and hatred for others we need reasoned voices like yours to be heard all best home again now in good old York
Are you an indoctrinated politician...or mad?

Old 23-06-2008, 22:08   #112
God Member

What is the problem here? if it is a problem.. so we have a vast influx of workers..I say workers from somewhere else.. who employ these workers?.. I reckon it's farmers,who seem to have gone silent these days.. no more moaning and whinging from the farmers..So we whinge about the Polish.. it was the Packistanies when I joined Accy Web.. but now it's the Polish .. I'll ave a go at owt..but who's next?

Last edited by Mick; 24-06-2008 at 07:35.
Old 23-06-2008, 22:10   #113
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

declan, i sure aint demonising the E.U. immigrants, i am pee'd off with our ******* that bend over backwards to throw benefits at em,n honestly think most folk are the same. me late mam was one by the way.
Old 23-06-2008, 22:37   #114
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
.. I'll ave a go at owt..but who's next?
Who's next for what?

Old 23-06-2008, 22:53   #115
Resident Waffler

Declan, could you make your posts into a paragraph or two with spaces. I find those huge solid blocks of typing very hard to read.

As the the topic in question - is it really possibly to be racist against someone of the same race but different nationality? And if so, how is it racist to want immigrants to integrate rather than have us pander to separatism by providing interpretations of everything?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 23:02   #116
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Who's next for what?
Who's next to have a go at.?.. Roy.. me and you aint gonna get on are we .. my son
Old 24-06-2008, 00:20   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
oh its not sensible @ rational if it don't fit in your narrow mind? you never did say why you asked that question, you can think what you wish about my behaviour, thats your choice, perhaps its cos i didn't like your question? but thats not rational or sensible in your ivory tower is it?
Ah now I understand, your last sentence betrays you, you resent someone who is clearly capable of putting together a full sentence!! Poor thing I guess you must have had this problem for a long time.

As for why I asked the question, I thought that was self evident from the answer, clearly not to some.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 00:51   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
Ah now I understand, your last sentence betrays you, you resent someone who is clearly capable of putting together a full sentence!! Poor thing I guess you must have had this problem for a long time.

As for why I asked the question, I thought that was self evident from the answer, clearly not to some.
no polly the main problem i have is arrogant gits like you, who seem to think they are better n the average oik.
Old 24-06-2008, 07:31   #119
Beacon of light

Declan, thankyou for trying to update my education.
I do not think that by coming out of, what was initially seen to be a trading partnership, that we would be 'going it alone'......we managed very well for centuries without such a huge conglomeration of countries. If we have products that other countries want, then don't tell me that they wouldn't buy from us, just because we aren't in their 'club'.

We have as a nation been penalised in many ways by the EU......CAP and fisheries policies spring immediately to mind.....we pay huge sums of money into the EU and I cannot see many benefits for the common man.
I know that the huge bureaucracy that is Brussels is almost an industry in itself......but we (the common people) have no control over the rules and constraints they place on our lives.......and inasmuch as it is not democratic, because the majority of these people a re not elected by us, we are being ruled by a dictatorship..... a huge one.

Tell me, is it really trues that we won the war? Yes, but the peace was given away piecemeal by our politicians who failed to listen to the electorate.

And as for a majority voting 'YES' to join the Common Market.....it maybe true , (but I am sceptical given the current way votes are being done over and over until the right answer comes up)but the people of Britain were sold the Common Market as a trading partnership......with words like 'going it alone would be financial and economic suicide'

So I reckon the whole thing was 'missold'......can we have our money back now Guv?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 07:39   #120
Beacon of light

And I do not demonise any economic migrant.......I think that I observed in my post that it wasn't necessary to help these migrants to integrate as they would do this of their own accord.
It is very well accepted that providing interpreters does not motivtes migrants to learn the language.......I know this from my own work in the NHS.......we spent thousands and thousands of pounds translating documents into Asian languages......this money was wasted because the majority of the women couldn't even read.......I know the eastern european migrants are different....but it is still folly to spend money in this way.

The money could be better spent in schools, and hospitals......and I know it isn't a vast sum, but these economic migrants will have children, and will want them to go to school so the money would still be of benefit to them and also the indigent population too.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..