Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree220Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2013, 14:56   #766
I am Banned

Re: Town Centre Changes

And the award for angriest collection of forum comments goes to this thread. It seems, erm? Wowee lots of people having bad days, huh?
GEaston likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-07-2013, 15:02   #767
Beacon of light

Which of these posts are angry?

I'm certainly not angry.......a bit tired of this man's constant prattling on that he is doing good for our town, employing local people and all that. He has told us..we do not need him to keep telling us(perhaps he has to do this to feel good about himself).......and it does get tedious when someone persistently complains about our negativity, and then posts negative stuff himself...he can see the speck in our eye, but not the plank in his own....(sigh)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 15:08   #768
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
This is just a personal opinion. but i think its time this troll was removed.?
I still await, with considerable trepidation, the arrival of correspondence from his legal advisers

Like you Cashy I am quite sure that this one is a troll. He doesn't respond to statements and his grammar and compilation slips occasionally - I think somewhere in the past he said he lived in Singapore, maybe he imbibes too much of the golden nectar produced there.

One other point that I have noticed is his time of postings.

He appears to consider all of us as being "Little Accringtonians" - well many of us have worked in, and travelled to many far flung places.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Mods should get rid of him
Old 16-07-2013, 15:43   #770
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
You could have a makeover...

2 doors away from the `renovated` property
Lilac Interiors - professional painting and decorating services by Greg Easton.

Give over Stevie ... some of this lot will go into meltdown
Stevie R likes this.
Old 16-07-2013, 15:46   #771
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
And the award for angriest collection of forum comments goes to this thread. It seems, erm? Wowee lots of people having bad days, huh?
My day had just begun. I see this thread. Saw that Gettie has called Margaret 'Marge' again, despite her asking him a few times not to. He's a troll I agree.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 15:54   #772
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Whatever for?

All he has done is point out our imperfections, we should work towards making this his perfect world.
Do you mean Utopia, thad ud neer do, wid ev nowt to moawn abeaut.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 16:06   #773
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I am certainly not angry "D" A Troll is a Troll in my view, whilst it amuses me, it has no respect fer decent people and only seeks to annoy, nowt else. There are people come on here occasionally with probably more affluence than owd Big Head, n never have i seen a cross word from anyone to em.
Old 16-07-2013, 17:17   #774
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
Hi Marge,

Of course there's a chance I'll make a profit. You can be sure I'm not investing in the community for the benefit of the friendly folk on this forum.

As I've said before you all need something to moan about, and it may as well be my efforts. If it wasn't me it'd be something else that was wrong - probably find reason to complain that the sun is shining...... ah, sorry you've already done that.

Fortunately I don't think this forum is very representative of the town. Seems it's reserved for the white over 60s many of whom carry a chip on their shoulders for some reason, and of course that would be caused by someone else. Could be politicians, bankers, councilors, the youth of today, muslims, the sun coming out, immigration, you name it the problem is caused by someone else.

I've made this point before, but how come noone has anything positive to say at all about anything ?
Can I ask why you carry on being so downright ignorant, by shortening Margaret's name, or is that just your way of getting up peoples noses, I actually thought you were a descent sort of bloke when you first came on our site sadly I've now changed my mind
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 17:48   #775
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Can I ask why you carry on being so downright ignorant, by shortening Margaret's name, or is that just your way of getting up peoples noses, I actually thought you were a descent sort of bloke when you first came on our site sadly I've now changed my mind
About time yeh woke up mate. A Troll is a Troll.
Old 16-07-2013, 17:58   #776
Resting in Peace

Quote:
He's not even a troll cashy
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 18:20   #777
I am Banned

Quote:
Not sure GE is a troll Ol.... not that I know anything about them (tongue pushed firmly into left cheek)
Ok he's from out of town but he's put money not only into the fabric of the town but also the workforce.
He's stood his ground against the self serving faux moral supremacy and vitriol on here.Nowt wrong with that..DinG lead off on a post some while ago saying tread softly until you get established and accepted. Yes Well our man is past that point.
Yes he's looking to make a profit, maybe he has funded it with what some see as ill gotten bankers bonuses. I'd rather have it coming to my home town than any where else.
I can usually spot a wrong un (Swindlehurst at your beloved Stanley)
Mr E is not giving me that uneasy feeling.
Old 16-07-2013, 19:29   #778
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Not sure GE is a troll Ol.... not that I know anything about them (tongue pushed firmly into left cheek)
Urban Dictionary: trolling This will do fer me"D"
Old 16-07-2013, 20:39   #779
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ok he's from out of town but he's put money not only into the fabric of the town but also the workforce.
He's stood his ground against the self serving faux moral supremacy and vitriol on here.Nowt wrong with that..DinG lead off on a post some while ago saying tread softly until you get established and accepted. Yes Well our man is past that point.
Yes he's looking to make a profit, maybe he has funded it with what some see as ill gotten bankers bonuses. I'd rather have it coming to my home town than any where else.
I can usually spot a wrong un (Swindlehurst at your beloved Stanley)
Mr E is not giving me that uneasy feeling.
Yeah he is a definite troll. One with a vocabulary- which is often quite worse. Don't get me wrong he has given some good input here. But comes across as arrogant and smarmy.

Which probably means we would all get on, pint in hand around a table in the railway
DtheP47 likes this.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 22:21   #780
God Member

I don't think he is deliberately trolling.
He joined with a purpose - to find out about buildings he is interested in buying - as he did when asking about the old liberal club on Rhyddings St. (Less pointed this out a while back)

He doesn't like having to converse here, but it suits his purpose financially.

What he didn't expect was our reaction to his arrogant demeaning of members. It is the way he is used to conversing with 'lesser mortals'. He is unaware that he has a personality problem.

He will be leaving now that he knows we wont co-operate in telling him about buildings.
Alan Varrechia likes this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..