Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2008, 20:18   #91
Resident Waffler

Re: Un Moderated CHAT

How sad that only days after congratulating AccyWebbers on reaching big board status there is now a thread about the disintegration with Shillielagh posting what looks like a farewell and Lindsay saying she resigns.

I was asked to moderate a chat room on another forum and I declined because I wasn't clear what was or was not permitted legally or morally - a bit like the initial question in this thread. Having read this thread I think it was a wise decision.

Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2008, 20:21   #92
Beacon of light

Chat is only a small section of accyweb..and there must be many members who do not frequent the Chat room...so I think Accyweb is still a good place to be...sorry if that is considered a thread wander.
Old 29-03-2008, 20:21   #93
Senior Member+

well everyone is giving their opinion so i give mine
Old 29-03-2008, 20:24   #94
God Member

Accyweb is still a great place to be . I would love for this to be put to bed and i for one would love to see a united front but while ever members are being verbally attacked (and good members may i add) this divide is going to happen.
Shillalagh hasent left for good she just needed to cool down . Im sure she will be back with us soon enough
Old 29-03-2008, 20:31   #95
God Member

Nine pleasant months (to the day) have elapsed since Piltymon stirred things up and was banned.
Am I right in thinking that this present hassle has been stirred by a young lady who became active on this forum at about the same time as him?

Old 29-03-2008, 20:42   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Nine pleasant months (to the day) have elapsed since Piltymon stirred things up and was banned.
No I don't think you are.............I entered the chat room for a long two minutes last night and in all my years I have never read such filth from members of this forum.............Ladies were present and the comments were absolutely disgusting......If anyone from the law enforcement brigade happened upon this forum someone would have been in serious trouble.
I think that these members should be named and shamed.
Dont know where we stand on this one after the comments of the Bossman?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Old 29-03-2008, 20:45   #97
Senior Member+

erm....... i have no idea what you are talking about!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 29-03-2008, 20:47   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
erm....... i have no idea what you are talking about!
I think you do?

Old 29-03-2008, 20:49   #99
Senior Member+

i hope no one is naming me, i never said nowt dirty, i think
Old 29-03-2008, 20:51   #100
Senior Member+

Marg P, my comments in chat have been used entirely out of context and were said in chat and there they should have stayed.
Royboy, I have said nothing I am ashamed of, and thanks to other members of this forum anything I have said is now in the public domain anyway.
Willow, I love this forum, and don't want it to be this way but have a look at it from my angle.
Cherokee, I am 40 years old and act my age.

Petty bickering strikes again,
Old 29-03-2008, 20:53   #101
Passed away 25-11-09

I don't go in chat rooms because, I admit it, I can't keep up - they tend to go too fast for me - so I'll reserve judgement on what's gone on in this one.

I'm a member of 3 other discussion forums similar to this one and I've seen people resign/chuck in the towel/announce their departure/flounce out numerous times for various reasons. Why bother? If you get annoyed/fed up/disgusted etc. why not just stop posting? Is it to give others the chance to say, "Oh please don't go", or is it just in case nobody notices you've gone?

I doubt AccyWeb will go into a decline if a few members stop posting. It's a good site with a lot of good personalities and some interesting viewpoints and the odd spectacular argument just makes it more interesting.
Old 29-03-2008, 20:56   #102
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Royboy, I have said nothing I am ashamed of, and thanks to other members of this forum anything I have said is now in the public domain anyway.
Cherokee, I am 40 years old and act my age.
Lindsay...I know that.......and leave the other exposed

Old 29-03-2008, 20:57   #103
Resident Waffler

I am now curious after what Royboy said if something is said in the chatroom which could cause legal problems for the site if it were read by 'the law enforcement brigade' - would it mean AccyWeb being closed down?

Old 29-03-2008, 21:02   #104
God Member

Oh well, it got me so curious that i actually tried to get into the chat room but my security settings won't let me - possibly a good thing under the circumstances I think.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Old 29-03-2008, 21:03   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I think you do?
this seems to be aimed at me?? would you like to tell us what you mean?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..