Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2008, 23:05   #151

Re: Un Moderated CHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
in what context?

In it all, if you going to throw the accusations around please at least say who it is ur accusing and not play the silly mind games, Clear up what
you mean and who its aimed at.

Thankyou
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2008, 23:07   #152
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy View Post

As for dont open a thread if i dont want members to answer? was post 1 addressed to them? NO! Was it aimed at them? NO

But as it was posted there i did not expect a full blown rift throughout Accyweb did i? NO.

So take ur 3p change from the 5p you gave and go thread wander else where!!!
If you really didn't haven't the common sense to ask your question via pm'ing a moderator, perhaps your thread would have been better placed to illicit an answer, in the 'Feedback, Suggestions, and Help' section of the forum, rather than 'General Chat', which quite clearly states is for 'common sense and serious discusions'. Something this thread clearly isn't.

Old 29-03-2008, 23:10   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
perhaps your thread would have been better placed to illicit an answer, in the 'Feedback, Suggestions, and Help' section of the forum, rather than 'General Chat', which quite clearly states is for 'common sense and serious discusions'. Something this thread clearly isn't.
So why do you keep posting on it then???? If u cant answer the question STOP!
Old 29-03-2008, 23:12   #154
God Member

The questions been answered, the question of law has also been answered. Is it not going to be accepted unless a moderator says it? Other people can know the law too you know!
Old 29-03-2008, 23:13   #155
Give, give, give member

Quote:
So why do you keep posting on it then???? If u cant answer the question STOP!

I was just pointing out that as such, your question was answered way back in the thread by Cyfr, and giving advice to anyone else who may have a question regarding this forum, and the most effective way of having a questioned answered.

For someone who was complaining of bullys the other night, typing in capitals is apparently quite rude on internet forums, it's considered SHOUTING!

Old 29-03-2008, 23:14   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
The questions been answered, the question of law has also been answered. Is it not going to be accepted unless a moderator says it? Other people can know the law too you know!
Im not saying you dont but i think you missing the point, have you researched it? where did your information come from? And can it be backed up?
Old 29-03-2008, 23:22   #157
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
what exactly was so disgusting and wrong in chat last night?
or did you just want to join in the argument?
I thiink that this may be the end of this thread if you joined or entered the chatroom and saw what was going on I think for the one's who are to blame for the foul language and retoric that was aimed at non responsive members was out of order.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Old 29-03-2008, 23:23   #158
Senior Member+

Quote:
I thiink that this may be the end of this thread if you joined or entered the chatroom and saw what was going on I think for the one's who are to blame for the foul language and retoric that was aimed at non responsive members was out of order.
that made loads of sense

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 29-03-2008, 23:24   #159

Quote:
I think you have nothing to back it up do you? Hence the backing off!!!

Well crawl back into the fetal position whimper and move on!
Old 29-03-2008, 23:28   #160
God Member

Quote:
I think you have nothing to back it up do you? Hence the backing off!!!

Well crawl back into the fetal position whimper and move on!
How dare you wear a rovers shirt?
Backing what up?

Old 29-03-2008, 23:30   #161
Senior Member+

Quote:
Backing what up?
your accusations!!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 29-03-2008, 23:32   #162
God Member

Quote:
Im not saying you dont but i think you missing the point, have you researched it? where did your information come from? And can it be backed up?

Is it not blatantly obvious? The laws cover the same ground no matter if you say them on a message board, a chat room, a phone call, writing, or in person. The law is the law.

There are no 'special' laws for chat rooms. If you incite racial hatred in person you're breaking the law, if you do it in a chat room you're breaking the law. It's not against the law to swear with a kid near you in person, even if it is distasteful. Guess what? It's not against the law to do it in a chat room either.

It's also not against the law to do it in this forum, it is however against the forum rules, so I'd advise against it.

Roy's stated the chat rules, and I'm sure you can use your judgement to know whats within the law. Stay away from plotting terrorism and I'm sure you won't go much wrong.
Old 29-03-2008, 23:34   #163
God Member

For goodness sake why not just let it rest? The way this is going there will be no chat room. Roy has explained how things stand, if you don't like it leave!!!
Old 29-03-2008, 23:37   #164
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
your accusations!!!
I have accused no one...or named anyone..We come to the situation 'If the cap fits wear it'.

If it's mind games..........go for it

Old 29-03-2008, 23:47   #165

Quote:
Backing what up?
Now now put your dummy back in.

If i wear a rovers shirt thats my choice, not yours as when i wear my stanley one! So whats that got anything to do with it? NOTHING

You make wild accusations then crawl off and whimper! So if the cap fits wear it yourself!

CYFR: Thanks your advice has been noted, you seem to be the only person that has added some kind of decent response to my question! Thankyou.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..