Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2008, 21:36   #121
God Member

Re: Un Moderated CHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
Whys that?
To have a promising career in politics you would need a partner who has discretion and good taste

Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2008, 21:38   #122
God Member

Quote:
There isn't any legal problems. If people are breaking the law (and nobody has from what I have seen) then its a problem for the authorities and that individual, sites like Accringtonweb are not directly responsible for their content because its user generated. They simply need to be able to remove it when necessary. Since chat is ongoing its not possible for the chat to be moderated anyway, hence Accringtonweb will not fall foul of anyone saying something they shouldn't.

I don't know if things have been said that I don't know about, but just because something is sick and not something you would approve of, doesn't mean its against the law, simply distasteful.

Some people like to talk about things others wouldn't dream of, some are more open than others etc., so I think its fine that some people join a separate room if they prefer to have less graphic discussions.
I think this shows the morality of the younger generation who accept swearing as the 'norm' if you use foul language in the chatroom is that to be accepted ...NO....would you choose to use foul language on the forum..NO...you would soon be shot down in flames....Is this to cover up the inner self....I wonder?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Old 29-03-2008, 21:40   #123
Resident Waffler

I don't think foul language is illegal. You hear plenty of it in the street outside. It isn't something I personally like but I don't think it would be breaking the law to use it in the chatroom. Oddly enough it is allowed in the over 18s but not on the open forum. Is the chatroom open to all ages?

Old 29-03-2008, 21:46   #124
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I think this shows the morality of the younger generation who accept swearing as the 'norm' if you use foul language in the chatroom is that to be accepted ...NO....would you choose to use foul language on the forum..NO...you would soon be shot down in flames....Is this to cover up the inner self....I wonder?
Not sure if you're referring to me, but my post was directed at the legal aspects of the chat room since people were enquiring. I didn't approve or disapprove of anything said. I am of the younger generation, and I don't swear in either the chat room or the forum.
Old 29-03-2008, 21:51   #125
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I don't think foul language is illegal. You hear plenty of it in the street outside. It isn't something I personally like but I don't think it would be breaking the law to use it in the chatroom. Oddly enough it is allowed in the over 18s but not on the open forum. Is the chatroom open to all ages?
Depends who and how it it used.
Use it to a policeman or a judge and you have got problems.
What is to stop children entering the chatrooms....nothing.
If I claim to be old fashioned I am dubbed as an old fool by the clown prince/ss.
Lets ask the people in the know what is right and what is wrong?

Old 29-03-2008, 21:56   #126
God Member

Quote:
Not sure if you're referring to me, but my post was directed at the legal aspects of the chat room since people were enquiring. I didn't approve or disapprove of anything said. I am of the younger generation, and I don't swear in either the chat room or the forum.
No need to defend yourself if you are not guilty...in this case

Old 29-03-2008, 22:33   #127
Give, give, give member

Who was it that said all publicity is good publicity?

The chatroom appears to be packed to the rafters once again.

Being of a delicate constitution I'm a little too afraid to enter, for fear of having to witness baudy language, spicey humour, and I certainly don't want to be groomed, for fear my valet will think his job is at risk.

Old 29-03-2008, 22:34   #128

Still none of this thread answers my question in post one does it?? No. I think the things that have arisen from my first post are somehing the people involved need to sort out between themselves, I at this point am regreting starting this thread, but yet again im not as i aked a very important question which still no one can answer very clearly.
Old 29-03-2008, 22:36   #129
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy View Post
Still none of this thread answers my question in post one does it?? No. I think the things that have arisen from my first post are somehing the people involved need to sort out between themselves, I at this point am regreting starting this thread, but yet again im not as i aked a very important question which still no one can answer very clearly.
I think Roy, the owner of this website, answered your question perfectly clearly.

Old 29-03-2008, 22:40   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I think Roy, the owner of this website, answered your question perfectly clearly.

He told me his opinion not what the law says!!!

So no it didnt answer my question did it, before you reply again look at post number one instead of jumping the gun!
Old 29-03-2008, 22:42   #131
Senior Member+

Quote:

So no it didnt answer my question did it, before you reply again look at post number one instead of jumping the gun!
There is the whole internet to look at that should answer your question, rather than just assuming we can
Old 29-03-2008, 22:43   #132
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
That might......only might get you a few pints or brownie points at the next meet........Would you condone the filthy language that was used on the chatroom?

Old 29-03-2008, 22:45   #133
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
That might......only might get you a few pints or brownie points at the next meet........Would you condone the filthy language that was used on the chatroom?
i have asked you on here and i have pm'd you..... what are you talking about!!!! nobody else seems to know!!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 29-03-2008, 22:46   #134
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Others in this thread have posted about the law regarding chatrooms, in so much as it appears to be fairly muddled.

What's your big fascination with it, and why don't you post what you actually think the problem is?

Personally if I have a query re: the rules of this forum, a pm to one of the mods usually illicits a swift and satisfactory answer, and thus prevents me having to start a thread which creates a whole load of problems and upset, a bit like trolls do.

As far as Roy is concerned on this forum, he is the law.

Old 29-03-2008, 22:46   #135
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
i have asked you on here and i have pm'd you..... nobody has any idea what you are talking about!!!!
I think Lindsey might know....ask her.

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..