Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2006, 14:54   #181
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: What Are They Going To Ban Next????

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I wouldn't deny you your right to smoke Mik if that's what you want to do, but if you choose to smoke next to me and I have to breathe in your smoke you are denying me my right to breathe clean air.

I don't think it's a small thing at all when it affects other people. When it doesn't affect other people then I agree with you, it's no-one else's business but your own. But of course no-one has banned you from smoking in private where it doesn't affect others.

This should sort out the anomaly in the Arndale centre now where the "smoke free zone" is full of smoke wafting from the open cafe.
This clean air that you have a right to breathe WillowTheWisp.

Would that be the air polluted with vehicle exhaust fumes?

Talk about hypocrisy!
Old 20-02-2006, 01:32   #182
land of hope and glory

Re: What Are They Going To Ban Next????

i cant post this in a new thread because i started this and if you go to the beginning you will understand.what is this country trying to do?be so political correct that its beyond others ? England and the british isles have made more history than we can look back on more than any other nation!what are we (them )trying to cover up?i love this country but in a number of years we are going to fall behind them(other countries) the chinks have the right idea buy all sell cheap, but we think we are the almighty! STOP we have done alot in this world but wheres it leading? we have a goverment that pays out too more forigners than its own born and bred.....why? have you ever seen so many walking sticks in your life take a walk or drive down blackburn road all our jobs are gone (the world leaders in cotton, steam...etc..)what have we now.................jack shi...e.and it can only get worse! there will always be an england? but where will it be....:engsmil:
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 01:36   #183
land of hope and glory

sorry any up and comming young couples that want to bring up kids!get a life where you will be looked after!and give them a life they deserve!:engsmil:
Old 09-03-2006, 12:56   #184

Thumbs down Re: What Are They Going To Ban Next????

Quote:
Originally Posted by -pixie
I fully agree with the smoking ban actually, at least in open public places. I hate walking down the street and breathing in someones second hand smoke. Or if I am standing at the bus stop and someone decides to fill the air with smoke. Their "free will" to smoke, pollutes my personal space.
Pixie Do you drive a car? If so, when I walk down the street my air space is being filled with your exhaust fumes. And if you fly in an areoplane all the fiumes come down to earth and I have to breathe it in. Shall we ban the cars then and all flights. How about it .
thindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 13:23   #185
Apprentice Geriatric

The smoking ban isn’t in OPEN public spacespixie but in ENCLOSED public spaces. And that means you cannot object to someone lighting up next to you whilst you both wait for a bus unless it happens to be in an ENCLOSED bus shelter. To have it your way is to pass legislation without due process. Just exactly when were you empowered to pass laws for this country?

In any case, isn’t it the absolute height of hypocrisy to object to cigarette smoke from a bystander whilst waiting at a bus stop on the one hand but say nothing about the bus spewing out filthy and deadly exhaust fumes as it draws up and stops on the other? I hardly need mention the dozens of vehicles that slip past doing exactly the same whilst you wait for the bus to arrive.

Just where is this clean fresh air that you speak of? On the top of mountains perhaps and maybe at the two poles? But down here there is no such thing as fresh clean air. I wonder how many people are aware that the life giving oxygen content of a litre of air is some 3% less today than it was 50 years ago. In the States and Japan they now have oxygen cafes where patrons can have their coffee or whatever and a bottle of oxygen to breathe whilst they drink it.
Old 19-03-2006, 18:35   #186
land of hope and glory

any body see in the papers that a M.P wants to ban the fur used on the helmets of the coldstream guards have they gone over the top or what!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bearskin.jpg (9.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by staggeringman; 19-03-2006 at 18:55.
Old 19-03-2006, 19:02   #187
God Member

What applies to the Coldstream Gaurds would apply to the other Guards units as the are required to wear them when required. Some squaddies might be happy without them. They could always make them of another material or is it that its unPC to have them?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2006, 00:30   #188
land of hope and glory

theres only certain regiments that stand guard and they have been wearing bearskin for hundreds of years and we get a lesbo mp that suggests they wear synthetic fur? what are they on about ! just a bunch of bearatic arse holes!sack the f..............in lot of them!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..