Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2008, 08:21   #76
Beacon of light

Re: Would you do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Well they deserve more.. but the sentence is up to the Judge.. would you really tell on your son if you knew it would be a life sentence? if so why? to have justice in this world?

Yes Yes Yes, I would, these young men have got to learn that there are consequences for their actions and i would echo all the posts about thinking about if the man who was attacked was a relative of yours......wouldn't you want some justice for him.
I also echo the sentiments of Cherokee here, this is the only way to get society out of violent behaviour. How many knifings have you heard about in the last few days? If more parents took a pro-active role in their childrens lives then there would be more chance of beating the thugs who fear nothing.

PS....and this is not an idle threat......I have always considered carefully my threats/promises to ensure that i could follow them through.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-05-2008, 22:47   #77

Quote:
There was a young lad set upon and killed by a group of youths near my place, I found it disgusting that No parents came forward to the police to say their son was part of it.. but I did meet a resident of the estate were it happend and confronted them about the "silent wall" the police were up against.. I was told sharply that no one is willing to give up their child to spend life in jail when it would not bring the victim back to life...umm?
I think that was disgusting too that no parents came forward. However there are no but’s wrong is wrong.

If I had failed to instil good moral ethics in my child, then the state could do it , without any qualms ( more shame on me for failing )

Suggest that the resident you challenged on whatever estate has the morals of a gutter rat. If the said resident was merely reflecting the views of the parents, then the parents must have been dragged up as opposed to brought up. Is it any wonder their offspring turn out to be murderous individuals.

I stand by what I’ve posted, I would report my child.
Old 31-05-2008, 23:05   #78
white rabbits

Quote:
Again the point is being missed... would you shop your teenage son if you knew he would be in prison for life?..
I dont think YOUR getting the point,if any son of mine did such awfal things as that ,i WOULD personaly take it upon myself to name and shame him ,lock him up and throw away the key,,,and i would blame myself for not bringing him up to respect other people,My god they are not teenagers they are just evil monsters.....
Old 31-05-2008, 23:06   #79
God Member

I am thankful that my son is a vegetarian pacifist

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 23:06   #80

Spot on granny
Old 31-05-2008, 23:10   #81

Yes I would shop any member of my family if they had done such an awful thing.
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 23:44   #82
Senior Member+

If your child had done this would you not blame yourself?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 23:57   #83
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Again the point is being missed... would you shop your teenage son if you knew he would be in prison for life?..
YES.

You are missing the point Mancie. If I had a son who committed murder then HE would be the one who caused himself to deserve life imprisonment. If I knew and did not hand him in then I would be just as guilty. I wouldn't be the one to blame for him being in prison. HE would be to blame for that for having done the deed. To allow him to get away with it would be showing my approval and I could not live with myself if I did that.

I would be devastated - not because my child was in prison but because my child had done something to deserve being imprisoned.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 23:58   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

mancie mate have thought long about yer question n the answer is YES i would shop him, pure n simple, people can moralise about predicaments fer ever n a day, its either RIGHT or WRONG its that simple to me.
Old 01-06-2008, 00:48   #85
God Member

I know it's not quite the same as the story in this thread but, not long ago, one of my friends found out her kids had been on the rob. A few rubbers and pens from a shop in Accy. She bunged the kids in the car and drove them to the police station.

With her consent they were locked up for half an hour. She told the police not to be softy softy on them, and do what they had to!!! I think that was the best way.

I have always told my kids, if they break the law, I will ring the police.....and I bloody well mean it too. If my kids ever stole anything, and I found out, their feet wouldn't touch the pavement til they had got to the police station. Better to nip it in the bud while young than out of control when they are older.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:16   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

slinks that is the only way to define right from wrong IMHO n those who wouldn't can get stuffed fer me.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:44   #87

I have always told my kids that I will love them no matter what they do. But I would shop them if I found them to be committing any crime.

At the age of 3 my dad had me locked in a police cell for stealing some coppers and buying sweets with the money. I can still hear the clang of the cell door and never want to hear it again.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 16:50   #88

ill be honest i would hand my kids in if they had done something like that, i would not hesitation to ring the police on them.
my elderst one when younger he taken some money of me and his dad we took him to the police they had in a car went ware he spent the money ask us if we had any photos of him i told them yes they gave it to all the bandit shops and told them if he came in they had to kick him outside. he as not been any trouble since. to me that's how it starts in little bits then get moor bigger so you nip in the bud.
pam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 19:10   #89

I hope i am never in posititon that i would have to ask myself that question. But yes i would shop them to the police if need be.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 21:08   #90
Resting in Peace

YES, only wish that more parents would do the same:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..