Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2008, 17:56   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Would you do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Beechy, did she resent what you did.......? or did she see the sense in it?
at the time margaret i think she hated me for showing
her up in front of her friends..not long after well maybe a decade
she thanked me for it, strange things kids

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2008, 18:03   #32
Beacon of light

I don't think your children realise what parents go through until they have children of their own.

I think these two men will eventually realise that their mother could do nothing else for them but report them to the police......and that while she may be mortally wounded at their actions, deep in her heart she will still love them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 18:23   #33
Resting in Peace

Didn't see the report Margaret, but do you think this may have been the last straw for these two lads, and that she has had trouble with their behaviour in the past, and had to take drastic action to bring them in line ? Could be they have a past of bad behaviour and she was desperate.

I tend to feel a little like Pussycat on this, but how do you know until in this situation yourself. Like all the mothers on here, I would die for my kids, and quite honestly I DO NOT KNOW what I would do.

Should we still have capital punishment in this country, and it was a crime that brought this sentence ... makes me shiver to think about it but: "Hung from the neck until dead" . could you really do this to your child ?

I think there are lots of mothers who know full well what their kids have done, due to CCTV and media information, that do not report their children.

I think that her family were bad though in not supporting her once she had made this decision.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 18:27   #34
God Member

if any of my sons beat somone up and blinded them i would first ask why they did it

if i thought the sod deservd a good kicking i certainly wouldnt report them over it

if they attacked a stranger for no reason then yes i would report them

before anyone says no one deserves to be beaten up i think some people do and we will have to differ on that one
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 18:38   #35
God Member

I have done it and been thanked by all concerned for doing what I did, as most here know I am in favour of capital punishment, and I dont really think you could honestly say that, you would have your own flesh and blood birched, or hung etc, very good point katex.
Old 30-05-2008, 19:01   #36
Senior Member+

just seen an advert for mondays gmtv.. the mother is being interviewed and meeting the wife of the man she attacked, i will miss it cos its on at 9 am and i dont get back from dropping ty off till half past..

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 19:04   #37
Give, give, give member

I'd have no qualms, whether it be graffiti or GBH.

Anything less is letting down those you purport to care for.

Tough love, not easy to do, but worth it in the long term.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 19:04   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
just seen an advert for mondays gmtv.. the mother is being interviewed and meeting the wife of the man she attacked, i will miss it cos its on at 9 am and i dont get back from dropping ty off till half past..
Record it on Sky plus
Old 30-05-2008, 19:06   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Record it on Sky plus
I dont have sky plus

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 19:10   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
I dont have sky plus
Just realised that after I posted
Old 30-05-2008, 19:11   #41

If a child of mine had done this I wouldn’t have hesitated to report them to the Police. If they or any of the rest of the family wanted to make a big deal about it, create some sort of lifelong rift, then tuff.
Old 30-05-2008, 19:53   #42
God Member

Yes, I like to think that if one of my children attacked someone I would see to it that they faced the consequences.
Old 30-05-2008, 20:04   #43
Resident Waffler

If a child of mine broke the law in any way then I would report them. I would be letting them down if I let them think that I condoned criminal activity. I love them to bits and it is because I love them I couldn't let them get away with anything that is wrong.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 20:26   #44
Beacon of light

Although I have never been in this position (and would never ever want to be) I have no hesitation about what I would do.

Katex there was no report of these being problem lads...they are adult enough to know that actions have consequences......at 24 and 27 years old they know they should not be violent against someone else. They are very lucky not to be on a murder charge.
Perhaps if more parents would follow this brave mothers lead we would have a better, and safer society.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 20:39   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Although I have never been in this position (and would never ever want to be) I have no hesitation about what I would do.

Katex there was no report of these being problem lads...they are adult enough to know that actions have consequences......at 24 and 27 years old they know they should not be violent against someone else. They are very lucky not to be on a murder charge.
Perhaps if more parents would follow this brave mothers lead we would have a better, and safer society.
Well Margaret, think you have to be in this situation to know what you would do ... maybe I would, may I wouldn't .. least I have the guts to admit this. Like I said .. I just don't know ?? Blood is thicker than water. It's easy to hypothesize and say you would definitely do this .. but if that lovely little grandson of yours, later in life, did something like this, do you think you could honestly say you would march him down to the cop shop ? All sounds very admirable and the correct way to re-act .... but at the end of the day........
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..