Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 20:32   #106
Senior Member+

Re: growing your own veggies

I will leave them in the large plantpot . Can't be bothered to dig them up. Apart fom which , i dont think i will have much room left to plant them after i get all those plants in out of the greenhouse, I have already weeded and turned over part of my grass in the back garden .
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-05-2008, 20:34   #107
God Member

ahhhhhhh ok, i dont blame you really, turning your garden over is a nightmare, i started but the i couldnt be bothered with doing the rest so i just covered it in grass seed lol
Old 11-05-2008, 20:42   #108
Senior Member+

I do put a lot of work into my gardens every year , and i used to have an allotment aswell !! It got too much because i was at work most days
Old 12-05-2008, 07:57   #109
God Member

like i've said to you before Davey, i wish i had an allotment, i'd open a shop with all the veggies i'd grow
Old 12-05-2008, 08:16   #110
Senior Member+

shame your not over this way, you could ahve taken over the one at the bottom of my garden and stopped the kids hurting themselves...

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:24   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
shame your not over this way, you could ahve taken over the one at the bottom of my garden and stopped the kids hurting themselves...

i have a huge garden here ta lol AND IT NEEDS CUTTING!!! DAVEYYYYYYYYYY!!!! i know you like sorting gardens out matey come and help mi
Old 12-05-2008, 17:12   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i have a huge garden here ta lol AND IT NEEDS CUTTING!!! DAVEYYYYYYYYYY!!!! i know you like sorting gardens out matey come and help mi

Got more than i could cope with over here . thanks for the offer !!! not.
Old 12-05-2008, 19:05   #113
God Member

its OK i did it anyway, cut 3/4 of the garden then the mower broke
Old 12-05-2008, 19:23   #114
Senior Member+

Take it you run over the electric cable??
Old 12-05-2008, 19:25   #115
Senior Member+

You need to get a petrol mower if you have a large garden an electric one will just burn out if you have a large one. I got one thats self propelled it just take you with it no effort needed! well not much.
Old 12-05-2008, 19:27   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1 View Post
Take it you run over the electric cable??
My mick did that yesterday when we was doing next doors garden he did it with the hedge cutters! about 5 minutes after he had fixed them from when i did it last year! lol
Old 12-05-2008, 19:30   #117
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO View Post
You need to get a petrol mower if you have a large garden an electric one will just burn out if you have a large one. I got one thats self propelled it just take you with it no effort needed! well not much.

yes mummiboo i would have one of those if not two if could afford it . we are not all rich !!!
Old 12-05-2008, 20:01   #118
Resting in Peace

My toms are doing really well: now got a plastic greenhouse ( cheap ) but it does the job and if I stick at growning my own, next year I will go for a real one:
spuds doing really well: and salad leaves all grown in plastic garden bags from the pound shop:
Now going to have a go at making some raised beds....
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 20:06   #119
God Member

wow thats really good magpie, my dad has made a make-shift greenhouse, he's used his trailer and some plastic sheeting, it actually looks really good, i must take after my daddy cos i'm weeeeeally clever too

and no Davey, i didnt run over the cable, it just stopped working
Old 12-05-2008, 20:36   #120
Senior Member+

On the* allotments , we used to have a double glazing* firm we knew they took the old frames out of the houses and put the new ones in . then they brought the old ones down to the allotments , and we would build greenhouses out of them . They looked crap but they worked .

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..