Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

VALAIRIAN 26-11-2021 08:36

Spot on Sean McConville

I agree with Cashy completely :)

Good honest interview with Sean and some home truths spoken.

Enough words Sean, time for action - NOW!!!!!

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 04-12-2021 19:19

Super Sean McConville

Played very well in his central role today and it was a great pass for Colby to score the second :)

AccyMad 04-12-2021 20:45

Re: Super Sean McConville

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1260627)
Played very well in his central role today and it was a great pass for Colby to score the second :)

Agree but did feel let down when he came on with gloves on in second half, come on Sean - you're a northerner :rolleyes:

andyd 04-12-2021 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1260627)

Being saying it for weeks Sean his better in the middle think Coyle should have started adds bite into the middle.

VALAIRIAN 05-12-2021 03:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1260630)
Agree but did feel let down when he came on with gloves on in second half, come on Sean - you're a northerner :rolleyes:

All the classy players wear gloves ;)

:) :)

monkey hanger 05-12-2021 10:35

Quote:

does not bother me if any player wears gloves as long as it makes em happy. far more sense than seeing linesmen coming out on a freezing night in a short sleaved shirt trying to make a point.

VALAIRIAN 07-12-2021 19:42

Quote:

Good to see the gloves are on again tonight :)

AccyMad 07-12-2021 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1260789)
Good to see the gloves are on again tonight :)

He's just doing it to wind me up now, the little tinker :D

VALAIRIAN 07-12-2021 22:01

Super Sean McConville

Should have had a couple of assists tonight!!

We need to start to take our chances...........

Crown Grounder 07-12-2021 22:32

Re: Sean Mc

Had a shocker tonight. This make-shift striker plan isn't working. No Sean's fault. He just hasn't got a strikers mentality. Neither he or Pell were close enough or in the right areas to feed off Colby. The rookie strikers we have don't get enough game time to develop. Playing players out of position is a last gasp approach when you have absolutely no alternative.......It's like having size 10 feet in size 9 shoes. The ball just wasn't sticking up front and came back time and time again straight through midfield putting pressure on defence.

Apart from the fifteen minute spell after half time when we kept the ball and played in the final third we never looked like we were in control of the game. The windy conditions didn't help but it was the same for both teams and Wimbledon adapted better to the conditions. They were better in the first half and exploited the wide open spaces around our back 3. In the second half they pressed us hard without the ball, had pace with it, and when all else failed they simply played percentages and kicked the ball high, long and forward into dangerous areas. They won't beat the better teams like that but we just couldn't cope with it.

andyd 08-12-2021 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1260795)
Had a shocker tonight. This make-shift striker plan isn't working. No Sean's fault. He just hasn't got a strikers mentality. Neither he or Pell were close enough or in the right areas to feed off Colby. The rookie strikers we have don't get enough game time to develop. Playing players out of position is a last gasp approach when you have absolutely no alternative.......It's like having size 10 feet in size 9 shoes. The ball just wasn't sticking up front and came back time and time again straight through midfield putting pressure on defence.

Apart from the fifteen minute spell after half time when we kept the ball and played in the final third we never looked like we were in control of the game. The windy conditions didn't help but it was the same for both teams and Wimbledon adapted better to the conditions. They were better in the first half and exploited the wide open spaces around our back 3. In the second half they pressed us hard without the ball, had pace with it, and when all else failed they simply played percentages and kicked the ball high, long and forward into dangerous areas. They won't beat the better teams like that but we just couldn't cope with it.

Bishop on his own weakens his own game nobody to help him he was battered pillar to post last night playing. one up front especially at home is shocking and fans are voting with their feet.

VALAIRIAN 08-12-2021 09:22

Super Sean McConville

Sorry to disagree Crown Grounder, but I thought Sean played OK :eek: :confused:

I do though agree completely about Colby being on his own :)

The way I saw the game - and an expert I am not - Sean was playing a 'free' role and just popping up everywhere!?!?

All about opinions, but I think we all agree on one thing....

VALAIRIAN 08-12-2021 09:27

Super Sean McConville

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1260797)
Bishop on his own weakens his own game nobody to help him he was battered pillar to post last night playing. one up front especially at home is shocking and fans are voting with their feet.

Do you think so really Andy??

Shocking weather last night, plus the armchair brigade had their favorites playing in the almost 'Champions??' League.

I was working and at this time of year, I struggle with time off to attend :)

Four home games on the bounce in quick succession and Christmas looming :)

You might be right Andy, Saturday should be a good crowd......

cashman 08-12-2021 10:27

if hes right, and expect he is there will be more from bolton.

Exile on Spencer St 08-12-2021 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1260810)
Sorry to disagree Crown Grounder, but I thought Sean played OK :eek: :confused:

Where do you buy your rose coloured specs, Val?
We may have different expectations of professionals in League 1 but, from my view, admittedly spec-less, no Stanley player who played last night was even ‘OK’, and too many were just very poor.