Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

cashman 08-12-2021 10:53

Re: Sean Mc

if yeh thought anyone played ok mate, were yeh on drink or drugs?

Crown Grounder 08-12-2021 18:03

I honestly think our performance last season raised our expectations. That group of players could score goals, change the way they played during the game. It was a balanced squad of players. Last season we played well in games and were the better team but then managed to lose the games.........that's never happened in any game I can remember this season so far. We've obviously "lost" key players from last years squad, we got lucky with our low budget and were probably never likely to repeat last year's success this year. One good season every 5 years is my expectation and experience of watching Stanley. If we could make one good season every 3 years I'd be happy!.....Maybe just staying up this season and looking to improve next year is all we can readonly expect. Yes we all want more......BUT!

AccyMad 08-12-2021 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1260816)
if hes right, and expect he is there will be more from bolton.

Just hope they behave themselves this time

cashman 08-12-2021 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1260854)
Just hope they behave themselves this time

Doubt that very much.

andyd 08-12-2021 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1260851)
I honestly think our performance last season raised our expectations. That group of players could score goals, change the way they played during the game. It was a balanced squad of players. Last season we played well in games and were the better team but then managed to lose the games.........that's never happened in any game I can remember this season so far. We've obviously "lost" key players from last years squad, we got lucky with our low budget and were probably never likely to repeat last year's success this year. One good season every 5 years is my expectation and experience of watching Stanley. If we could make one good season every 3 years I'd be happy!.....Maybe just staying up this season and looking to improve next year is all we can readonly expect. Yes we all want more......BUT!

The growth off the pitch is more exciting new facilities under23,s and an academy plus new training ground we will never compete budget wise but we can develop our own and others players and make progress and a bit of profit hopefully.

Twenty Eight 09-12-2021 17:14

What is your time line for the under 23 and Academy projects to reap benefits ?

andyd 09-12-2021 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1260880)
What is your time line for the under 23 and Academy projects to reap benefits ?

Hopefully sooner rather than later even clubs like Liverpool produce their own players occasionally better than not having one and over paying an old pro at the back end of his career, and maybe create a few quid that could and should go on playing budget.

Twenty Eight 09-12-2021 18:35

Sooner rather than later ....... 2 years, 5 years ?
From a standing start I've never seen an academy reap anything but expenditure for 5 seasons.
I think Liverpool's set up has been running a little bit longer than that.
Not a criticism before the bites start because you have to start somewhere.
So the question is really what do we do until we reap the benefits ?
I can always recall the investment that Barnsley put into the academy with the money created from one season in the Premier 1997 - 1998. Millions.
That created players such as John Stones, Clicker, Danny Rose, Reuben Noble Lazerus, Paul Digby.
The investment worked with the fee for Stones alone collected in 2013.
It's the right thing to do but don't expect a dividend return on the investment in the short term.

Exile on Spencer St 09-12-2021 21:07

I may be misremembering, but I recall hearing some time ago from a reliable source that Stanley’s Academy is a net financial contributor to the club.

cashman 10-12-2021 09:10

What the hells it matter how long? its better to have one than not.

monkey hanger 10-12-2021 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1260894)
I may be misremembering, but I recall hearing some time ago from a reliable source that Stanley’s Academy is a net financial contributor to the club.

thought it was at least self financing anyway. the only problem that 28 has stated is the time factor of lads coming through and where the club maybe once they do.some fans have too higher expectations of acadamy players coming through anyway. the majority will ply their trade in the NW Counties league with some even lower than that.

VALAIRIAN 10-12-2021 18:46

Super Sean McConville

Back on thread, if Seamus is not to be risked tomorrow, Macca needs to stand up and be counted and help Stanley to a much needed 3 points.!!

:) :)

VALAIRIAN 11-12-2021 21:23

Super Sean McConville

Good 45 minutes from Captain Fantastic today :)

Hope that he is not injured badly...............

:) :) :)

andyd 12-12-2021 07:48

Re: Super Sean McConville

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1261027)
Good 45 minutes from Captain Fantastic today :)

Hope that he is not injured badly...............

:) :) :)

Dead leg.

cashman 12-12-2021 08:16

sean played superbly yesterday. lets hope he keeps it up,