Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

VALAIRIAN 24-01-2020 18:34

Super Sean McConville
 
Not going to let Macca being injured let this pale away.........................

:) :) :)

cashman 24-01-2020 19:05

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1236212)
Not going to let Macca being injured let this pale away.........................

:) :) :)

was stood in front of us at salford with adam buxton, and a couple of others,

VALAIRIAN 16-02-2020 11:41

Super Sean McConville
 
Good to see Macca collecting his 'goal of the month' award for January :)

:) :) :)

cashman 16-02-2020 13:26

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1237192)
Good to see Macca collecting his 'goal of the month' award for January :)

:) :) :)

was he still on crutches joe?

AccyMad 16-02-2020 15:42

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1237198)
was he still on crutches joe?

No, just had the big boot on

VALAIRIAN 24-02-2020 20:37

Super Sean McConville
 
Good to see Sean having a kickabout with his children at the Clayton End before the game Saturday :)

Got to say, he did struggle with that big boot on :D

:) :) :)

cashman 25-02-2020 08:05

Re: Sean Mc
 
yep reckon it pleased everyone.:)

pifco 25-02-2020 08:56

Re: Sean Mc
 
I thought that he had borrowed the boot off a star trooper in a Sci-fi film. It was great to see him getting about and hope his recovery continues.

baldy 06-03-2020 08:42

Re: Sean Mc
 
You’re slacking Valairian!

The big mans 31st birthday today!

Who’d have thought he’d have taken over AccyWeb when he left his job at Primark to join the Mighty Reds!

VALAIRIAN 06-03-2020 09:31

SUPER SEAN McCONVILLE
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1237876)
You’re slacking Valairian!

The big mans 31st birthday today!

Who’d have thought he’d have taken over AccyWeb when he left his job at Primark to join the Mighty Reds!

On 2-10 mate, not been up long ;)

Knew I could rely on one of his mass followers to post up :)

Exile on Spencer St 06-03-2020 18:03

Re: Sean Mc
 
So, happy 31st birthday to Mr. McConville.
Hope he is having a good day and that ‘the boot’ doesn’t cramp his dancing.

choirboy 21-03-2020 12:20

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1238437)
Could bring the Sean Mc thread back up

.....Here we go then;

Assuming that the remaining matches of this season get played and next season is ‘normal’, then could Sean possibly miss fewer games than we thought he would have missed?:idunno::idunno::idunno:

monkey hanger 22-03-2020 09:01

Re: Sean Mc
 
lets keep sean mcconville stuff going on as i do not want the corona virus posts to push him into second place on here.

choirboy 22-03-2020 09:32

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1238466)
lets keep sean mcconville stuff going on as i do not want the corona virus posts to push him into second place on here.

I agree. ..........I hope that Sean’s recovery from serious injury is going well.:mosher:

VALAIRIAN 22-03-2020 12:18

Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1238466)
lets keep sean mcconville stuff going on as i do not want the corona virus posts to push him into second place on here.

He will always be No 1, of that, I am sure ;)

:) :) :)

choirboy 23-03-2020 11:59

Re: Sean Mc
 
I watched a documentary about Diego Maradonna the other night........he was nearly as good as our Sean! ............Sean is my Number 1. Let’s keep him at the top of our list!:theband::mosher:

monkey hanger 24-03-2020 09:57

Re: Sean Mc
 
hope you are well sean.

choirboy 18-05-2020 09:00

Re: Sean Mc
 
Does anybody have news please on how Sean is doing with his recovery from injury?

StanleyJosh 18-05-2020 10:22

Re: Sean Mc
 
From a few clips I’ve seen he seems to be doing very well in his recovery, back running etc.

cashman 18-05-2020 10:59

Re: Sean Mc
 
nice to see a bit of good news these days.

Exile on Spencer St 18-05-2020 11:16

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1240280)
nice to see a bit of good news these days.

Good news indeed. Maybe that explains why I didn’t find on the BBC.:rolleyes:

VALAIRIAN 18-05-2020 20:11

Super Sean McConville
 
Feel sure that Supermac will be back to his absolute best, when football comes back :)

VALAIRIAN 18-06-2020 13:52

Super Sean McConville
 
Wonder how Sean is getting along with his recovery?? :)

:) :) :)

choirboy 18-06-2020 14:08

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1241232)
Wonder how Sean is getting along with his recovery?? :)

:) :) :)

Could take Sean a bit longer than other players to get full fitness back. Two elements of recovery for Sean; A much longer lay off and recovery from a very serious injury. He will need more time to allow him to come back steadily. Ironically the Virus interruption could be working in his favour depending when the ‘New Season’ begins. Good luck to Sean though, Stanley will need the ‘Full Sean’ at his best when the restart happens.
ON STANLEY ON:theband::jimbo:
WITH SEAN MAC
AT HIS BEST.
:wave8:

VALAIRIAN 18-06-2020 15:28

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1241234)
Could take Sean a bit longer than other players to get full fitness back. Two elements of recovery for Sean; A much longer lay off and recovery from a very serious injury. He will need more time to allow him to come back steadily. Ironically the Virus interruption could be working in his favour depending when the ‘New Season’ begins. Good luck to Sean though, Stanley will need the ‘Full Sean’ at his best when the restart happens.
ON STANLEY ON:theband::jimbo:
WITH SEAN MAC
AT HIS BEST.
:wave8:

It was the enforced break I was thinking of my friend :)

:) :) :)

monkey hanger 19-06-2020 07:45

Re: Sean Mc
 
one thing that may help sean is i doubt he,d be the type tp pile on the pounds whilst he has been off injured. i know players look after themselves more than in pre war days, but my father used to tell me some had piled on well over a stone after the end of the season till pre season training. it took em longer to shead it than put it on.

VALAIRIAN 20-06-2020 16:25

Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1241246)
one thing that may help sean is i doubt he,d be the type tp pile on the pounds whilst he has been off injured. i know players look after themselves more than in pre war days, but my father used to tell me some had piled on well over a stone after the end of the season till pre season training. it took em longer to shead it than put it on.

Hope you are right MH, a fit Macca is a massive plus for our squad in the future :)

:) :) :)

baldy 25-06-2020 11:40

Re: Sean Mc
 
5 years ago today...

Sean McConville re-signed for Accy!

The club has certainly changed in them 5 years!

AccyMad 25-06-2020 14:53

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1241232)
Wonder how Sean is getting along with his recovery?? :)

:) :) :)

We'll see tomorrow when he's one of the players modelling our new kits :D

VALAIRIAN 25-06-2020 15:01

SUPER SEAN McCONVILLE
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1241439)
5 years ago today...

Sean McConville re-signed for Accy!

The club has certainly changed in them 5 years!

Changed massively my friend and in part, due to Macca :)

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 25-06-2020 15:02

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1241442)
We'll see tomorrow when he's one of the players modelling our new kits :D

Apart from the socks, you only need his top half(ish) ;)

:) :) :)

AccyMad 25-06-2020 16:48

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1241444)
Apart from the socks, you only need his top half(ish) ;)

:) :) :)

No no, we need to see the whole ensemble :)

Exile on Spencer St 25-06-2020 21:05

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1241445)
No no, we need to see the whole ensemble :)

I thought it was the thighs that float your boat! :)

VALAIRIAN 25-06-2020 22:50

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1241445)
No no, we need to see the whole ensemble :)

Calm down Matron ;)

:) :) :)

AccyMad 26-06-2020 07:00

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1241449)
I thought it was the thighs that float your boat! :)

I have no idea what you mean, I go to Stanley purely for the love of the beautiful game :D

AccyMad 26-06-2020 07:02

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1241450)
Calm down Matron ;)

:) :) :)

What?? By the whole ensemble I of course mean shirt, shorts & socks :)

VALAIRIAN 26-06-2020 11:24

Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1241442)
We'll see tomorrow when he's one of the players modelling our new kits :D

Looks fighting fit to me :)

:) :) :)

AccyMad 26-06-2020 11:36

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1241459)
Looks fighting fit to me :)

:) :) :)

He certainly does! (New kit looks good too) :)

VALAIRIAN 08-07-2020 15:32

SUPER SEAN McCONVILLE
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 917421)
08-07-2011, 18:06 I hope he​ falls flat on his face at Stockport ! Money grabber !! What happened to a footballer​s dreams of wanting to get to the highest they could go? But no , drop a league for a few extra pounds! No loyalty to the fans , the club and especially​ John and Jimmy! He was a nothing before and a nothing now! Good riddance!!

Hes really annoyed me since we gave him his break and would rather go down a league for money !! Tbh , Stockport must be delerious ! In my honest opinion he really isn't that good of a player! He got goals last season but most of time he looked like he could be assed and cost us MASSIVELY in the playoffs!!

Well, who would have thought it NINE years down the line :eek: :eek:

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 31-07-2020 19:50

Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 917426)
You seem to contradict yourself by what posted on the other thread about Jacobson :confused:

The first reply from all those years ago.. :)

cashman 01-08-2020 09:20

Re: Sean Mc
 
well sean should be back to full fitness when things open up.:)

monkey hanger 02-08-2020 07:23

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242658)
well sean should be back to full fitness when things open up.:)

thats if he does not decide to retire first.

Exile on Spencer St 02-08-2020 08:35

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1242695)
thats if he does not decide to retire first.

And if he does, by then many of us on here won’t be around to argue.:rolleyes:

VALAIRIAN 02-08-2020 10:21

Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242658)
well sean should be back to full fitness when things open up.:)

I would hope so mate, but who knows when???

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 02-08-2020 14:52

Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242658)
well sean should be back to full fitness when things open up.:)

Back in training next week - on another thread - so we will know soon (hopefully) :)

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 04-08-2020 15:07

Super Sean McConville
 
Not many action pictures of him, not a bad sign I hope?? :eek: :confused:

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 23-08-2020 15:26

Super Sean McConville
 
Did not see any pictures of him against Bolton yesterday, not a bad sign I hope.... :eek: :confused:

:) :) :)

andyd 23-08-2020 19:28

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1243791)
Did not see any pictures of him against Bolton yesterday, not a bad sign I hope.... :eek: :confused:

:) :) :)

Coleman has said we will be without him for a while.

VALAIRIAN 24-08-2020 10:00

Super Sean McConville
 
Must have missed that Andy - thanks :)

VALAIRIAN 18-09-2020 11:52

Super Sean McConville
 
Anybody know what the latest is on Sean?? :)

:) :) :)

andyd 18-09-2020 11:56

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1244747)
Anybody know what the latest is on Sean?? :)

:) :) :)

Keeping fit commentating with Dan Jewell

AccyMad 18-09-2020 12:03

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1244747)
Anybody know what the latest is on Sean?? :)

:) :) :)

During the commentary on Saturday I'm sure he said he'll be on the sidelines for another 2 or 3 weeks, not sure if he meant that'll be when he starts training or playing

choirboy 18-09-2020 14:53

Re: Sean Mc
 
If Sean is not ‘tackling’ yet in training then I think it will be Christmas before he will be ready for first team action. Serious Achilles injuries do take a long time to get over. Years ago this kind of injury was a career terminator!

VALAIRIAN 18-09-2020 15:18

Super Sean McConville
 
Thanks for the updates people :)

:) :) :)

monkey hanger 19-09-2020 07:37

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1244766)
If Sean is not ‘tackling’ yet in training then I think it will be Christmas before he will be ready for first team action. Serious Achilles injuries do take a long time to get over. Years ago this kind of injury was a career terminator!

lots of these injuries ended players careers as they were rushed back too quickly and broke down due to it. straight back to day one, start re hab all over again and the same thing happens again down the line. career over and a possible problem for the rest of their lives. baby steps please sean do not push yourself too quickly.

VALAIRIAN 19-09-2020 07:44

Super Sean McConville
 
I think we are hoping that that does not happen MH :eek:

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 28-09-2020 15:30

Super Sean McConville
 
One of the only positive things from Saturday, was listening to Sean on the match commentary :)

VALAIRIAN 11-10-2020 15:12

Super Sean McConville
 
Got to say this again, but apart from the result - and some patches of play - Sean's commentary, was the highlight of the game :)

Still had the buffering, poor sound Etc., but I burst out laughing when Macca commented on Ryan Cassidy :D

:) :) :)

cashman 11-10-2020 15:51

Re: Sean Mc
 
I thought for a team so young we did pretty well on sat joe.

Inspector Morse 12-10-2020 08:45

Re: Sean Mc
 
When Sean does return to do we think it'll be as a wing back or in more of a central position?

andyd 12-10-2020 08:51

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1245703)
When Sean does return to do we think it'll be as a wing back or in more of a central position?

If the team selected are producing results at the time Sean is fit enough to return he could be in the centre of the bench.

VALAIRIAN 12-10-2020 10:34

SUPER SEAN McCONVILLE
 
I would think once he is fit, he will play :)

VALAIRIAN 12-10-2020 10:36

SUPER SEAN McCONVILLE
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1245703)
When Sean does return to do we think it'll be as a wing back or in more of a central position?

I would think not as a wingback, personally :)

:) :) :)

AccyMad 12-10-2020 11:17

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245704)
If the team selected are producing results at the time Sean is fit enough to return he could be in the centre of the bench.

I doubt that will happen

choirboy 12-10-2020 12:30

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1245681)
Got to say this again, but apart from the result - and some patches of play - Sean's commentary, was the highlight of the game :)

Still had the buffering, poor sound Etc., but I burst out laughing when Macca commented on Ryan Cassidy :D

:) :) :)

“Takes one to know one!”:D

VALAIRIAN 12-10-2020 13:45

Super Sean McConville
 
Well, it is what they say my friend :)

:) :) :)

pifco 12-10-2020 14:35

Re: Sean Mc
 
I'll just be happy when he is fit again to play and if there is a problem of where to play him because of the team playing well without him I would look on that as a bonus.

VALAIRIAN 20-10-2020 22:09

Return of 'The Mac'
 
Great interview on the Stanley YouTube site from Super Mac :)

As others have said, highlight of the night, Sean being back :)

:) :) :)

The Red Darreners 21-10-2020 00:29

Re: Sean Mc
 
Completely agree. I wasn't expecting to be 'moved' by Sean's interview, but I really was. I've really enjoyed his stint with Dan in the commentary box, but it was a 'pinch-me' moment to see him back on the pitch - his presence there really seemed to lift the spirit in the group. That and the result has at least provided a lift in what has been a dire week in the Darrener household, with Mrs D testing positive as well as my son in Blackburn. So a big welcome back Sean - and lets hope for more of the same against the 'Gas' on Saturday

baldy 14-11-2020 13:17

Re: Sean Mc
 
Some people in this thread might be eating their words come 5pm!

https://twitter.com/ASFCofficial/sta...865806849?s=20

VALAIRIAN 14-11-2020 17:13

Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1246698)
Some people in this thread might be eating their words come 5pm!

https://twitter.com/ASFCofficial/sta...865806849?s=20

Like every dog - he will have his day ;)

Sean McConville, super Sean McConville... Sean McC.....

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 14-11-2020 17:15

Super Sean McConville
 
Must have been a below par commentary in Macca was on the bench ;)

:)

AccyMad 14-11-2020 21:02

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1246717)
Must have been a below par commentary in Macca was on the bench ;)

:)

Oh I don't know, Ged Brannon did his best to fill in :)

andyd 15-11-2020 07:31

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1246732)
Oh I don't know, Ged Brannon did his best to fill in :)

And he got the brews in at half time.

AccyMad 15-11-2020 16:16

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246738)
And he got the brews in at half time.

Good lad, he's obviously angling for the job permanently :D

monkey hanger 16-11-2020 08:34

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1246762)
Good lad, he's obviously angling for the job permanently :D

would not be a disaster if he did get it. might be biased but i,ve streamed games from a couple of other clubs and ours are far superior.

VALAIRIAN 16-11-2020 09:12

Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1246778)
would not be a disaster if he did get it. might be biased but i,ve streamed games from a couple of other clubs and ours are far superior.

Bound to be if Supermac is commentating :)

MikeA 16-11-2020 09:17

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1246778)
would not be a disaster if he did get it. might be biased but i,ve streamed games from a couple of other clubs and ours are far superior.

Especially when Dan's doing the commentary.

monkey hanger 17-11-2020 08:27

Re: Sean Mc
 
dan and sean, the saint and greavsie of accrington.

VALAIRIAN 17-11-2020 16:10

Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1246802)
dan and sean, the saint and greavsie of accrington.

Nice one MH :)

They were a right pair of characters :)

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 19-11-2020 19:26

Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1246698)
Some people in this thread might be eating their words come 5pm!

https://twitter.com/ASFCofficial/sta...865806849?s=20

Hope Macca can get on the pitch this weekend :)

cashman 20-11-2020 08:55

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1246916)
Hope Macca can get on the pitch this weekend :)

Have to be as sub i think, cant change that team:)

VALAIRIAN 20-11-2020 11:45

Super Sean McConville
 
Agree with that mate, but just like to see him get 20 minutes, or so - when we are 4-0 up :D

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 21-11-2020 15:32

Super Sean McConville
 
#History maker!!!!

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 21-11-2020 15:36

Super Sean McConville
 
#Kinjoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

choirboy 21-11-2020 16:06

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1247040)
#Kinjoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spot on Joe! A yellow at best for that! The Lincoln player put his head in a dangerous place two and a half feet off the ground! No malice or intent from Sean and not dangerous IMHO. In the end we did well to earn a point!

AccyMad 21-11-2020 16:06

Re: Sean Mc
 
Poor lad, hope we appeal

VALAIRIAN 21-11-2020 16:09

Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1247048)
Poor lad, hope we appeal

We will win the appeal ;)

:)

choirboy 21-11-2020 17:56

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1247050)
We will win the appeal ;)

:)

I doubt it!
I think the Red Card will be upheld and Sean will get a three match ban.... :mad:
but the Referee will not be on duty next week because

he will be on “Gardening Leave!”:hitting8:

StanleyJosh 21-11-2020 18:28

Re: Sean Mc
 
Agree Choirboy!

Twenty Eight 21-11-2020 20:48

Re: Sean Mc
 
Im baffled. Role reverse and how would you feel if the opponent got away with it?
The rules are the rules and I cant see an appeal working.

monkey hanger 22-11-2020 07:56

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1247059)
Im baffled. Role reverse and how would you feel if the opponent got away with it?
The rules are the rules and I cant see an appeal working.

really hate to say it but i agree. when the incident actually happened and the speed of the refs reaction i feared the worst for sean. in replays and slow motion it did not look as bad as it first looked. haines had only a split second of real time action to make his decision and unlike the old days Intent does not come into the equasion nowadays. haines may have given himself a few more seconds to come up with his decision but might have come out with the same one if he had.

andyd 22-11-2020 09:16

Re: Sean Mc
 
It's past tense now intensional or not studs raised gets you a red Sean will be back.

cashman 22-11-2020 09:45

Re: Sean Mc
 
its a tough call but to me its a waste of time and money appealing. was never intentional but thats life.

VALAIRIAN 22-11-2020 09:49

Super Sean McConville
 
Listening to Coley after the game, I felt he was of the same opinion Cashy.

He made reference to Dion and his dismissal....

We shall have to see :)

:) :) :)

monkey hanger 22-11-2020 10:02

Re: Sean Mc
 
we have not got a good record in winning appeals anyway.. just move on.

ferret man 22-11-2020 17:44

Re: Super Sean McConville
 
[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1247078]Listening to Coley after the game, I felt he was of the same opinion Cashy.

He made reference to Dion and his dismissal.
Think we will appeal this one

cashman 22-11-2020 17:56

Re: Sean Mc
 
i think the same if we do its a bad idea in my view.

AccyMad 22-11-2020 18:00

Re: Sean Mc
 
According to sky sports news earlier Coley has said we will be appealing

VALAIRIAN 22-11-2020 18:06

Super Sean McConville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1247078)
Listening to Coley after the game, I felt he was of the same opinion Cashy.

He made reference to Dion and his dismissal.
Think we will appeal this one

Hope you are right Ferret Man :)


:) :) :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:11.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.19589 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1