Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

choirboy 09-02-2021 12:58

Re: Sean Mc

From the “Fishy’ site just now....
STATEMENT: McConville banned for four games
Reds midfielder suspended for next four matches after breaching FA Rule E1.1

Anyone know what this is for?:confused:

choirboy 09-02-2021 13:06

Just read the last few comments on tonights Plymouth Match Thread......
Referring to Sean pulling an opponents hair!
Idiotic thing to do IMHO.
Should our club fine him his wages concurrent with the length of his ban?

cashman 09-02-2021 13:09

i am damn sure the club should but doubt it. hes always been a half wit. what use is an apology? its cost the club this pathetic thing.

AccyMad 09-02-2021 15:14

Firstly, I'm not defending Sean - he's obviously done something stupid & is being punished for it BUT he wasn't the only one who lost his head a bit, it was a frustrating game to watch & must've been more so to be in the middle of.
If this had been picked up by the officials on Saturday, it would probably have been a booking for both Sean & Kioso but because it wasn't noticed (mainly because it was just handbags) & was reported to the EFL presumably by Northampton, he gets a more severe punishment, how is that ok??
It's akin to when Sam Finley got punished with a ridiculous ban for verbally abusing the Rochdale player who had been on his case all afternoon, if he'd retaliated physically on the pitch it would have been a more lenient ban.
Having said that Sean is experienced enough to not let himself be wound up so much by the opposition & he'll be a big miss over the next 4 games but we managed ok when he was out injured for nearly 12 months & I'm sure we will again.
Cashy, bit harsh calling him a half wit - we all have days when we lose it a bit & all logic goes out if the window

Crown Grounder 09-02-2021 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1250130)
Firstly, I'm not defending Sean - he's obviously done something stupid & is being punished for it BUT he wasn't the only one who lost his head a bit, it was a frustrating game to watch & must've been more so to be in the middle of.
If this had been picked up by the officials on Saturday, it would probably have been a booking for both Sean & Kioso but because it wasn't noticed (mainly because it was just handbags) & was reported to the EFL presumably by Northampton, he gets a more severe punishment, how is that ok??
It's akin to when Sam Finley got punished with a ridiculous ban for verbally abusing the Rochdale player who had been on his case all afternoon, if he'd retaliated physically on the pitch it would have been a more lenient ban.
Having said that Sean is experienced enough to not let himself be wound up so much by the opposition & he'll be a big miss over the next 4 games but we managed ok when he was out injured for nearly 12 months & I'm sure we will again.
Cashy, bit harsh calling him a half wit - we all have days when we lose it a bit & all logic goes out if the window

Accymad you are too forgiving. There are no excuses for improper behaviour carried out by any of our senior players. It disrespects he manager, the other players and the clubs supporters. I for one am very disappointed with his action and the resulting 4 match ban.

Twenty Eight 10-02-2021 03:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1250135)
Accymad you are too forgiving. There are no excuses for improper behaviour carried out by any of our senior players. It disrespects he manager, the other players and the clubs supporters. I for one am very disappointed with his action and the resulting 4 match ban.

100% on the money Crown Grounder.

monkey hanger 10-02-2021 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1250135)

never noticed the incident with sean live. however if the boot had been on the other foot i,m sure we would feel agrivated if no further action was taken on an opponent. i like sean as a player but has always had this sreak in him with us and the period he was away from the wham.

AccyMad 10-02-2021 16:53

In addition to Sean's charge, both Stanley & Northampton have been hit with a charge from the FA of failing to ensure their players behaved in an orderly manner in the 85th minute of our game on Saturday, so not just Sean & Joe at fault then - some Northampton players, particularly their keeper played their part. Could be more fines/sanctions to come

cashman 10-02-2021 17:02

to me joe took one for the team sean macs was sheer stupidity.

Twenty Eight 10-02-2021 18:31

E20 charge.
£2500 fine if charge accepted.

AccyMad 10-02-2021 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1250193)
to me joe took one for the team sean macs was sheer stupidity.

They were both stupid - Joe was already on a yellow but allowed himself to be wound up by the opposition just as Sean did

cashman 10-02-2021 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1250200)
They were both stupid - Joe was already on a yellow but allowed himself to be wound up by the opposition just as Sean did

fair enough joe is 24, sean is 31 big difference to me in sense sean has always been stupid reaction wise. but some cant see that,

monkey hanger 11-02-2021 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1250192)
In addition to Sean's charge, both Stanley & Northampton have been hit with a charge from the FA of failing to ensure their players behaved in an orderly manner in the 85th minute of our game on Saturday, so not just Sean & Joe at fault then - some Northampton players, particularly their keeper played their part. Could be more fines/sanctions to come

talk about overeaction from the league. more handbags than in the trafford centre and hardly a mass brawl. funny though how keepers manage to run 50 yards on incidents like this but can hardly break into a quick walk to take goal kicks when their side is leading.

monkey hanger 11-02-2021 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1250201)
fair enough joe is 24, sean is 31 big difference to me in sense sean has always been stupid reaction wise. but some cant see that,

stevenage home game in the play offs 2011 was a good example.

AccyMad 11-02-2021 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1250201)

I'm not gonna argue about who was the more stupid, it's ridiculous especially when age is brought into it, anybody at any age can lose their rag if pushed far enough