Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   New Manager (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/new-manager-64160.html)

Chubbyman 03-05-2013 16:27

Re: New Manager

No need to bite,I meant Gary Flitcroft as manager and perhaps Beattie as his assistant.I have to agree Beattie straight in as manager would be a big gamble but I also think a better option than JC @ JB on the grounds that the only reason I believe they want to return is that they are unemployed.They are such a great partnership that clubs are falling over themselves for their services!!!! As
soon as a bigger club came in for them you wouldn't see them for dust.!!!!

football19 03-05-2013 16:32

What killed coley was his loyalty for years to Acci,which in turn has found it hard to get on the managerial roundabout,simple really IMHO

cashman 03-05-2013 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1057157)
What killed coley was his loyalty for years to Acci,which in turn has found it hard to get on the managerial roundabout,simple really IMHO

Utter rubbish in my eyes, Its not hard to get on any ladder if yer successful, Sure coley was very successful at Stanley, No doubt at all about that, But the fact remains we are always punching above our weight in the league, If they were successful at Rochdale, they would have been snapped up, thats obvious.

football19 03-05-2013 18:01

What I meant cashy was they never cashed in/jumped ship on the first bit of success,unlike a lot of managers,who just move around.Then again that's just my opinion

cashman 03-05-2013 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1057180)
What I meant cashy was they never cashed in/jumped ship on the first bit of success,unlike a lot of managers,who just move around.Then again that's just my opinion

Now come on,whats success to us stanley fans, aint success to any league managements imho, the play=offs were our only real success in the league n that was when they left?:confused:

football19 03-05-2013 18:17

Winning conference ?cashy!,could of got a decent move on the back of that.

Alvin the chipmunk 03-05-2013 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1057181)
Now come on,whats success to us stanley fans, aint success to any league managements imho, the play=offs were our only real success in the league n that was when they left?:confused:

Getting a club to punch above its weight in a league 2 divisions above where it should be deserves to get noticed.

When Bradford were sniffing Coley was asked what the biggest club who ever came in for him was . He said nobody would believe him. It was Leek Town. People assumed he was like Gradi at Crewe and would never leave...thus never bothered to make approaches.

I believe Coleys quote "I didn't want to be the Ken Barlow of the football league" reiterates this. (I know the meaning of this has changed somewhat now with Mr Roache's recent developments").

Look at Nigel Clough at Burton. 1 promotion to Coley's 3 with twice the budget. Then get's the Derby job because of his dad's name. Football is funny sometimes.

Lets face it. After seeing the most successful side in post '68 history ripped to pieces because we couldn't guarantee to pay wages post "8 weeks of lies" period is enough to make anybody demoralised.

cashman 03-05-2013 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk (Post 1057184)
Getting a club to punch above its weight in a league 2 divisions above where it should be deserves to get noticed.

When Bradford were sniffing Coley was asked what the biggest club who ever came in for him was . He said nobody would believe him. It was Leek Town. People assumed he was like Gradi at Crewe and would never leave...thus never bothered to make approaches.

I agree wi the first it does deserve to get noticed, But no-one came a calling at that time, But people assuming n never bothering to make approaches?? If yeh believe that, yeh will buy anything.:rolleyes: All the boards in football league want success aint rocket science.

Chubbyman 03-05-2013 18:38

Did they have the chance to jump ship before Rochdale came in?JB can certainly bloody jump eg. when Rochdale scored at the Crown ground!!

choirboy 03-05-2013 18:59

Next manager of Accrington Stanley?
Obvious choice for me is the up and coming Martin Rogers.
Tried and tested at various levels, great potential, young and ambitious, wouldn't cost much and no compensation involved from previous club contract.
Any thoughts on his possible appointment?

yerself 03-05-2013 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk
People assumed he was like Gradi at Crewe and would never leave...thus never bothered to make approaches.

So how many approaches have they had since being sacked by Rochdale?

DAV007 03-05-2013 19:25

How many jobs in league 2 have been available since 21st Jan?

How many of those jobs where in the north of the country?

Some people with big agendas on here.

Also, arent they on a form of gardening leave? With the idea they will be snapped up before the years wages they are due of Rochdale will expire?
IE. they will take another job within the next 12 months thus saving Rochdale part of the wages they are entitled to?
If Coley and Jimmy take the stanley job, I presume they will have to forfeit the remainder of the year's wage they are due of Rochdale?
If what I understand is correct, they could sit on their hands until next Jan and continue to be paid by Rochdale.

Does that effect some of your agendas?

cashman 03-05-2013 19:27

Well you should know, but it makes no odds to my views.

choirboy 03-05-2013 19:53

Martin Rogers, any opinions guys and gals?:mosher:

football19 03-05-2013 19:59

That's how I see it davo,no-one has given any reasons purely based on the football side of this debate.Coleys knowledge of div 2 takes some beating