Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   New Manager (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/new-manager-64160.html)

accybeme 10-05-2013 12:28

Re: New Manager

40 serious applications have been whittled down to 8 that are to be interviewed next week and I thought J. C. had already secured the position

cashman 10-05-2013 13:14

If the jobs done proper, Then it should be n interesting week.;)

FrankMoody 10-05-2013 13:19

Bet there's some interesting names amongst the '40 serious' applicants

maccawozzagod 10-05-2013 14:54

I think its time for some 'leaks' to be made to generate a bit of hype. I know full well that John Barnes is town on monday ;)

lancsdave 10-05-2013 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1058104)
I think its time for some 'leaks' to be made to generate a bit of hype. I know full well that John Barnes is town on monday ;)

Fergie must be in the running otherwise he wouldn't have quit at Old Trafford

shakermaker 10-05-2013 15:33

I wonder if Paul Simpson has applied. He was last at Northwich Vics before taking up a youth development role in Portugal. If he wants a fresh crack at the Football League, this club could be ideal in his eyes.

I'd imagine Peter Jackson and his terrible suits have thrown their battered hat in the ring. Alan Knill will want paying more than we can afford. Paul Peschisolido will want another chance after losing control at Burton. Les Parry to make a shock return?

lancsdave 10-05-2013 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 1058108)
I wonder if Paul Simpson has applied. He was last at Northwich Vics before taking up a youth development role in Portugal. If he wants a fresh crack at the Football League, this club could be ideal in his eyes.

I'd imagine Peter Jackson and his terrible suits have thrown their battered hat in the ring. Alan Knill will want paying more than we can afford. Paul Peschisolido will want another chance after losing control at Burton. Les Parry to make a shock return?

Macca distinctly said 'leaks' so you don't wonder or imagine, you actually saw them all in Accy Mc'ds waiting for interviews :D

shakermaker 10-05-2013 15:50

I see... come to think of it that was definitely John Gregory ordering a donner pizza in Cuisine World last night. :D

sausage butty 10-05-2013 16:45

I really hope Beattie gets the job. His experience and passion for the club coupled with his connections i think he could do a good job with us.

as for Coleman , dont get me wrong i like the guy but i think he had taken us as far as he could, and Jimmy.. Well my whole opinion of him changed the minute he celebrated like hed won the lottery when rochdale scored against us. Im sure a few would agree with me on that point.

DAV007 10-05-2013 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by sausage butty (Post 1058116)
I really hope Beattie gets the job. His experience and passion for the club coupled with his connections i think he could do a good job with us.

No thanks

sausage butty 10-05-2013 17:04

Why ? Give me one good reason

McKayz 10-05-2013 17:06

I like Beattie, but wonder if he has the experience as manager. I'd love him to stay in some way.

cmonstanley 10-05-2013 17:12

seen leighton james on the train to accy yesterday:eek:

sausage butty 10-05-2013 17:14

Leam had 0 Experience and that turned out ok.Plus hes a local lad and knows the club. hes worked under some great managers and most of all the players respect him and will work for him.

cashman 10-05-2013 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by sausage butty (Post 1058123)
Leam had 0 Experience and that turned out ok.Plus hes a local lad and knows the club. hes worked under some great managers and most of all the players respect him and will work for him.

And also hes not a Bully Boy.;)