Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   New Manager (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/new-manager-64160.html)

FrankMoody 07-05-2013 20:09

Re: New Manager

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1057797)
Just a thought,how about moving the assistant manager and coach up a level?,they were partly responsible for our heroics last season and it may save us some money !!!.They know the players strengths etc..-- new policy,promote from within !

Could definitely do a lot worse, Stephenson Lodge & Beattie (maybe?) could be the answer

Redraine 07-05-2013 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1057797)
Just a thought,how about moving the assistant manager and coach up a level?,they were partly responsible for our heroics last season and it may save us some money !!!.They know the players strengths etc..-- new policy,promote from within !

Could be a good move, PROVIDING one or both have great motivational skills, good contacts within the game, great tactical awareness and iron constitutions, to name but four qualities. Maybe you have an informed view on the first of these, Football19?

football19 07-05-2013 20:56

Good respected football people, like Frank said,maybe add Beattie or A N Other and we get a bit of continuity.Do we need a marque signing ?,it's a avenue I would definitely consider.

Jeg Red 07-05-2013 21:32

Any truth that the real reason behind the rumours about Fergie leaving Man United is that he fancies a crack at the top job at the Crown Ground!!

Well...if you can't dream......!

maccawozzagod 08-05-2013 01:05

I wouldn't, he's having a hip operation and will miss the start of the season -we aint paying to have him in a hospital bed!!

Andy Tretton MarkII

cashman 08-05-2013 10:40

According to the L.E.T. the short list is drawn up n interviews are next week, according to Mr.Marsden.

Chimer 08-05-2013 10:55

I'm firmly on the fence regarding the JC debate, but I am quite clear that whatever happens, it needs to happen soon!!

cashman 08-05-2013 11:01

Is next week not soon?:confused:

smobile 08-05-2013 13:15

Next week?

Is DON doing the interviews ? :eek:

yonmon 09-05-2013 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1057893)
Is next week not soon?:confused:

Radio Lancs confirm 'Next Week' ..( Seems that I've heard that somewhere before ?)...
JC..James Beattie...Gary Flitcroft...and 'others' on
shortlist !....
Is James still your No.1 choice Cashy ??.

cashman 09-05-2013 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1057986)
Radio Lancs confirm 'Next Week' ..( Seems that I've heard that somewhere before ?)...
shortlist !....

Like the idea someone mentioned of james as assistant to the guy who got it now.;)

baldy 09-05-2013 15:44

Andy Hessenthaler has apparently said that no contact has been made, But would be happy to talk if the club wish to make contact!

Not really how job application process works is it Andy?!

cashman 09-05-2013 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1058001)
Andy Hessenthaler has apparently said that no contact has been made, But would be happy to talk if the club wish to make contact!

Not really how job application process works is it Andy?!

He knows that baldy, probably just letting the football world know the score.;)

tonyalveston 10-05-2013 10:17

Experience is a must, but its the old story, little money means choice is going to be restricted to would be Football League Managers, or people no other club wants. Coleman & Bell have not been in a position to secure a League job over recent months, so why should we have them back. They will revert back to the old pals act, and reduce the dole figures for Merseyside. No thanks Alvi

johnc 10-05-2013 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1057986)
shortlist !....

Lock up yer wifes, girlfriends and daughters :eek: