Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   New Manager (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/new-manager-64160.html)

Revived Red 13-05-2013 18:05

Re: New Manager

I think it's a great choice. He has great experience throughout football and he will have many contacts thanks to his experience. His name alone could draw in more sponsorship too.

Wynonie Harris 13-05-2013 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 1058600)
Can't help but think the club have gone for the cheap option rather than a sensible football decision. Will support Beattie all the same.

The guy's only been in the job five minutes and already the sniping's started. Would've expected better from you, Shakey.

maccawozzagod 13-05-2013 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 1058600)
Can't help but think the club have gone for the cheap option rather than a sensible football decision. Will support Beattie all the same.

agreed on both counts.

anyways, on with the drum Beating (see what I did there?) ... James get at those disillusioned Rovers fans and players and get the mini revolution going :gooddog:

shakermaker 13-05-2013 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1058615)
The guy's only been in the job five minutes and already the sniping's started. Would've expected better from you, Shakey.

Sniping, really? Have said I'll support him and I will all the way. Only said that I hope the reasons behind the decision are just. Surely that's a fair concern as a fan of the club? Crikey.

Wynonie Harris 13-05-2013 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 1058617)
Sniping, really? Have said I'll support him and I will all the way. Only said that I hope the reasons behind the decision are just. Surely that's a fair concern as a fan of the club? Crikey.

You've said that you hope the reasons behind the decision are just? Don't think you did, Shakey. You did, however, say appointing him isn't "a sensible football decision" which to my way of thinking is a bit of an insult to him. At least, give him a chance to show what he can do!

cashman 13-05-2013 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 1058617)

Well unless yer totally thick, its obvious to me the players have either been asked or put in there 2 pennorth on this appointment,before it happened.

yonmon 13-05-2013 18:34

A breath of fresh air from a wind of change blowing across the Storefirst Stadium ??...James Beattie, a young man with a mission !!...I reckon WE ALL wish him well in what is going to be some challenge in the coming season !!.

shakermaker 13-05-2013 18:34

I have voiced concerns that appointing him isn't a sensible football decision - rather than 'sniping' this is a genuine critique based on the lack of managerial experience or qualifications of JB. Elsewhere on the forum I raised my opinion that our board has a lack of football-minded input and my concern is that the decision has been made purely on a financial basis, taking advantage of the fact that Beattie has (brilliantly so) charged us very little for his services so far and offered public relations opportunities.

I have, however, stated very plainly that I will support him all the way. I hope for the very best for him as that will mean good things for my club.

Have tried to stick around on here in spite of all the nonsense but obviously the disease of this forum - the inability to separate fair critique from personal insult - has spread too far. Apologies if I've offended anyone, I'm off.

shakermaker 13-05-2013 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1058624)
Well unless yer totally thick, its obvious to me the players have either been asked or put in there 2 pennorth on this appointment,before it happened.

Wow, ok. Cheers mate.

football19 13-05-2013 18:38

Must admit Cashy I read Shakers post in a more positive light,few reservations,but will get 100% support,I did warn you there would be a surprise !!

cashman 13-05-2013 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 1058629)
Wow, ok. Cheers mate.

Stop sulking shaker, its sod all personal, no good spitting yer dummy out.;)

VALAIRIAN 13-05-2013 18:39

Gents, come on,this is supposed to be a good day and a day for celebration. This is a forum, therefore it is about opinion......

We are ALL in it for the same thing......

:) :) :)

Reamer 13-05-2013 18:47

Can't help but think the club have made the right call. Whilst Beattie is untried as a manager, the players considering their contracts will all know him so there is continuity (hope the backroom staff are retained too). It also shows ambition by the club who could have gone for the 'safe' option that many of us feared, yeh good call, new broom and all that. :)

stanley convert 13-05-2013 18:54

Bloody ell it,s kickin off already and DAV007 ain,t even here yet "wheres me tin hat" haha.

ANYWAYS CONGRATULATIONS JAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stanley till I die

football19 13-05-2013 18:58

Every manager gets 100% backing from me and Beatties no exception.Looking forward not backwards and see what rabbits he can pull out of the hat !!
Players like him,so that's a start,but as Leam learned you have to distance yourself (he will know that tho)