Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2010, 19:05   #46

Re: Change of Crest

lev it ...... next it will just be asfc on the top . save cash get a ground name $$$$$ us the time that way .then **** ing about with new tops
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2010, 20:39   #47

Id be all for a change as long as it looks decent and not tacky or anything... its fine as it is now though

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 21:13   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyAggro View Post
Id be all for a change as long as it looks decent and not tacky or anything... its fine as it is now though
Explain please, if its fine as is, why change?
Old 22-02-2010, 06:59   #49
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device dave o'neill said he and rob heys never had time to read the message board. Thanks for the response Rob. Have you purchased any shares yet mr 'millionaire'?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 09:23   #50
Resting In Peace

We might as well go the whole way and change the Club's name as well. After all it's not as though anybody recognises the name 'Accrington Stanley' is it ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 09:24   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
We might as well go the whole way and change the Club's name as well. After all it's not as though anybody recognises the name 'Accrington Stanley' is it ?
Good idea,how about "Hyndburn Town"?
Old 22-02-2010, 09:42   #52
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Good idea,how about "Hyndburn Town"?
Perfect. Everybody will easily recognise that.

Why don't the ones behind the scenes direct their energy into thinking of ways to attract more supporters to the games or improving public relations instead of wasting time changing the crest.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 19:58   #53
God Member

New Club Crest
Monday 1st Mar 2010

Have Your Say
This Saturday’s match day programme will contain details of the new Accrington Stanley Club Crest to be used by the club from the end of this season.
The Nott’s County programme will contain a special two page feature that displays the top 5 emblem designs as shortlisted by the Accrington Stanley management.

The programme feature also contains a feedback section providing fans with the opportunity to input views, opinions and highlight favourite crest designs.

The club’s new logo is an integral part of Accrington Stanley’s brand identity and future marketing efforts, and your views at this stage of the design process are of great value. Make sure you pick up a copy of the programme this Saturday from the designated sellers and outlet so you can have your say.

Does that mean the Fans have the Final say?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 20:06   #54

No - but it's a way to sell more programmes!!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 20:13   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Perfect. Everybody will easily recognise that.

Why don't the ones behind the scenes direct their energy into thinking of ways to attract more supporters to the games or improving public relations instead of wasting time changing the crest.
from what i was informed it aint changing it as such, its about copyright, will be NO major change, particular to the accy crest, i left feeling very relieved.
Old 01-03-2010, 20:28   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
from what i was informed it aint changing it as such, its about copyright, will be NO major change, particular to the accy crest, i left feeling very relieved.
Taken a long time to realise it was never copyrighted.

As daft as it sounds putting the crest in a circular badge will make a big difference to 'Stanleyfying' stuff
Old 01-03-2010, 20:30   #57
God Member

That ******* word there again, 'brand'. It makes my skin crawl.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 20:35   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Taken a long time to realise it was never copyrighted.

As daft as it sounds putting the crest in a circular badge will make a big difference to 'Stanleyfying' stuff
You must move in some funny circles in Accy as you have five to choose from

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 21:42   #59

i will not do any more for the club or go to any home games ..... lev it as it is .... its been good all this time .. love accy hate brand
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 22:56   #60
bdc

The first thing that came to mind is why fix what isn't broke? I think that the club should be concentrating on the key areas of making the club commercially viable. This idea does not lend itself to this. I think the club should be looking at increasing gates and selling more merchandise. Surely if they launch a new badge this will then mean the home shirt will need to be changed for the second time this season. This is more likely to anger fans and mean they will be less likely to buy merchandise. Also with the current stock in the shop and outlet would this become redundant stock as it is no longer required. Would this mean that good money has been wasted?

I think the idea could quite possibly backfire on the club and is more likely to anger fans than draw them to it. The main things I would be looking at includes getting a ground sponsor, utilising the clubhouse more and making sure that we have a match and ball sponsor each game. Once these are done then other issues should be looked at.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..