Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2010, 07:44   #16
God Member

Re: Dwindling Home Support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I would suggest there is a way mate, i would also suggest that a certain duo are pulling against all thats right, n may destroy this great club if they cannot get own way. could be wrong, but that is my gut instinct.
As Johnny Nash sang, "I can see clearly now".
By banning all flags and banners there can never be any raised at the ground demanding Whalley/O'Neill/Heys (pick any three from three) OUT.
A cunning stunt, as Mrs Malaprop almost said.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2010, 09:39   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
It is a real shame that there are now no flags

I hope a way forward can be found we are too small a Club to not find a way!
There is a way forward, the club needs to complete a risk assessment placing the flags as a low or medium risk on the assessment and the flags would return,

If they want to fight fire with fire (pardon the pun) they can, but i know the lads will be happy to spend there cash in other places, where they feel wanted....

We can bide our time till the kids on the clayton end have totally lost interest, the team are in the dolldrums of a relegation battle and the court cases return
Old 16-11-2010, 10:24   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well that seems a real bright tactic john.
Old 16-11-2010, 11:39   #19
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
i know the lads will be happy to spend there cash in other places, where they feel wanted....

We can bide our time till the kids on the clayton end have totally lost interest, the team are in the dolldrums of a relegation battle and the court cases return
A chilling reminder of what will happen if the club doesn't start to display a bit of common sense...the Clayton End reduced to a couple of hundred grumbling old gits like me. Not a pleasant thought.
Old 16-11-2010, 13:13   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Once again cashman you sum up why the likes of Whalley, Oneill and Hays have been able to continue at our club while fans give them the two things they want from us, cash and status.

If the cash drys up and their status is sub-dued to a director/owner of a team who fight relegation year in, year out with less than 1,000 regulars and no atmosphere then maybe just maybe they will realise they are not wanted.

The 3 of them are the enemy of progress, we cant go forwards until they go.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 13:54   #21

While I generally agree with most of what Cashy says I cant understand this topic.
Attendances for League games this season.
1624---1371---1610---1844---1933---2056---1427. The 1427 was against Cheltenham.take this one out of the equation and the gates have increased. True fans will support their team whatever the results. some will only want to watch a winning team. Last Sat I watched the worlds richest club play. 80 minutes of a back 4 + 2 holding Midfielders marking 1 Striker.
No ammount of Flags and Banners would get me to go back.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 14:27   #22
God Member

Quote:
take the lead cashman

The group has wasted an endless amount of time at the club and working to try and boost the club and add another reason to get people interested in paying their money and coming on the games, and what do we get? Lied to and then sanctions placed on us.

Oh well stick with your two bit advertising campaigns and marketing, but its a good job they are only extending the away end cause the clayton end wont need it!
Old 16-11-2010, 14:39   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
take the lead cashman

The group has wasted an endless amount of time at the club and working to try and boost the club and add another reason to get people interested in paying their money and coming on the games, and what do we get? Lied to and then sanctions placed on us.

Oh well stick with your two bit advertising campaigns and marketing, but its a good job they are only extending the away end cause the clayton end wont need it!
yer missing the main point john, sanctions are only here cos some knob set smoke/flare off, if that hadn't happened the flags would still be flying, whilst no-one would dispute the great stuff the ultras have done, one or 2 knobs have brought this situation about, so to my mind yahs should accept that simple fact n take it from there, thats my lead. yeh don't have to like it, but ya asked fer it.
Old 16-11-2010, 14:47   #24
God Member

When did houshold smoke pelets become flares? they couldnt light a fag never mind a flag

we are accepting it cashman, that may be with our wallets by avoiding anything financial the club offer except gate money...no pints in the club house, crown, no programs, no 50-50 draw tickets

To be honest i couldnt care less that the flags are there for my sake! it takes ages making them, ages to put them up, a ball ache to carry round the pub...etc etc etc but it just did add a little bit of something different to many people coming on the ground if the club dont want that then ok

Last edited by John_Timmins; 16-11-2010 at 14:51.
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 15:07   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

seems to me like throwing yer toys outa the pram, most know they were pellets not flares, irrelevant if illegal? many people have been lied too by the Don n others,not just ultras, when n impasse is reached in any situation, the first move should always be by the party in the wrong. its childish saying they were only smoke pellets they couldn't light a fag, well aware of that! but if illegal or perceived as hazardous by those that matter, wether we like it or not is irrelevant, you say the club don't want flags, i honestly don't know, but would doubt that.
Old 16-11-2010, 15:58   #26
God Member

household smoke pellets - the like of which plumbers use up and down the country day in and day out to find gaps in pipes etc. Fine one was let off, Ultras were warned. Another was let off and the whole end suffers. The club has CCTV when it wants to use it, so they could have identified the culprit and dealt with it that way. They chose the way most hurtful to them as a club. That re-inforces the belief that they are cockheads who couldn't run a bath. They are suffering for it in the short, medium and long term. They could remedy the situation today if they so wished.

I don't think the Ultras are being childish or whatever, it is standing up for yourselves and refusing to be pushed about.
Old 16-11-2010, 16:07   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
household smoke pellets - the like of which plumbers use up and down the country day in and day out to find gaps in pipes etc. Fine one was let off, Ultras were warned. Another was let off and the whole end suffers. The club has CCTV when it wants to use it, so they could have identified the culprit and dealt with it that way. They chose the way most hurtful to them as a club. That re-inforces the belief that they are cockheads who couldn't run a bath. They are suffering for it in the short, medium and long term. They could remedy the situation today if they so wished.

I don't think the Ultras are being childish or whatever, it is standing up for yourselves and refusing to be pushed about.
Have to disagree rob, most older fans have been saying fer yonks,what cockheads they are at the helm, beyond dispute, the ultras on the other hand were disagreeing n shooting people down fer saying so, since the ban, many now seem to agree wi that fact, if that aint childish i don't know what is.
Old 16-11-2010, 16:30   #28
God Member

Ain't this just what the Cardboard Millionaire and DonGon want? Fans disagreeing amongst themselves.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 18:22   #29
God Member

What a sad state of affairs!

We are all in it together or should be from the Top down to the very bottom or that is how it should be, We are all part of the makeup of this Club and what makes it unique and gives it it's heartbeat.

The one thing that costs nowt and can unite is dialogue is that so hard?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 18:36   #30
Resting in Peace

I think what is more frightening is the league table, Stanley are only 2 points above the religation places

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..