Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2010, 17:29   #91
God Member

Re: Dwindling Home Support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
If the club don't want our style of support then we, the Ultras, are screwed... because the "authorities" up & down the country certainly don't want it.

I can honestly see the whole Curva lose its appeal to the youngsters & nobody at the club has the vision to try & keep what we have....

Jase, in the words of Cashy..N.L.T.B.G.Y.D!!!! What has been done at Accy/Clayton End, is nowt short of incredible - do not let the odd 1 or 2, let it go to waste!!!

The very, very best of luck on the 29th, let's hope that we get the right result!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-11-2010, 17:31   #92
God Member

Quote:
If the club don't want our style of support then we, the Ultras, are screwed... because the "authorities" up & down the country certainly don't want it.

Even without the flags the Ultras style is still more atmospheric than most other grounds, and that includes the one I worship at. I suspect I know you're answer Jase but is there not some compromise that can be reached from both sides ?
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 18:08   #93
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Why can't whoever re-instate the use of flags & banners, but on say a 6 month warning order, as long as the lads get a grip of the idiots there shouldn't be a problem 6 months up & no problems all bans should be lifted, as the Lads would've shown their commitment to self governing so the powers that be should treat the lads like the sensible adults they are & that they can keep order. It would further re-affirm the solid, colourful & loud spectacle of the Ultras in all their glory, something that is as much a part of the club as the world renown name of 'Accrington Stanley'.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 18:24   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Why can't whoever re-instate the use of flags & banners, but on say a 6 month warning order, as long as the lads get a grip of the idiots there shouldn't be a problem 6 months up & no problems all bans should be lifted, as the Lads would've shown their commitment to self governing so the powers that be should treat the lads like the sensible adults they are & that they can keep order. It would further re-affirm the solid, colourful & loud spectacle of the Ultras in all their glory, something that is as much a part of the club as the world renown name of 'Accrington Stanley'.
That sounds quite a reasonable idea to me.
Old 19-11-2010, 18:28   #95
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
And even longer for some poor sod to have to pick it all up afterwards.
You could always make W & O pick it up by hand as a punishment
Old 19-11-2010, 19:12   #96
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device I blame the weather amongst others:@
SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 19:32   #97
Resting in Peace

Surely the OSC should have a big role in brokering dialogue between the Ultras and the club on these issues? Merely posting on here is weeing in the wind.. Apologies if this is already being done.
Or is the club's door firmly closed? If so, some direct action is called for.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 19:34   #98
God Member

There has to be some common ground ground that can work for everyone here?

None of this is helping the Club or its support!

The Club & people must be proactive if that means dialogue then let's have it...

Whether that's about whats going on behind the scenes or ways we can move away from the impasse that has been there for what seems like an entertinity but it is quickly developing and widening into a chasm.

This forum only gives a small sense of what people really think and there opinions until everything is on the table and people know where we are going and what is happening the questions will remain and the gulf will continue to widen.

Somebody has to get a grip

I will talk to anyone if it helps

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 19:48   #99
God Member

Basically the club should issue a statement clarifying the issues, why the ban is in place, who decided the ban has to be placed and any methods of fixing the issue.

Not likely to happen because the Google Page Ranking department at the top of the club is non-existent and while everybody is discussing this issue it leaves other issues out of the spotlight
Old 19-11-2010, 20:27   #100
Super Moderator

I'll talk to anybody whos prepared to listen!!

At the Crown from 9am tomorrow with Mr S!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 22:33   #101
God Member

Ill talk to anyone who can change the situation...ill be in the pub from 2pm till 2am...
Old 20-11-2010, 00:27   #102
Senior Member+

Unhappy Re: Dwindling Home Support?

Quote:

I can honestly see the whole Curva lose its appeal to the youngsters & nobody at the club has the vision to try & keep what we have....

mr miller the abject irony of this whole disgusting situation is that the largest/greatest game that this club has been involved in since it's reformation has led to what i, and reading between the lines of your post,you believe, is the death of the future support of our club , and everything that despite all the boardroom crap has made stanley what it is today

i go back to my earlier post as to how it saddens me
Old 20-11-2010, 09:33   #103
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

I'm sorry but i can't under stand what the problem is regarding the flags!! If the clubs hands are tied which i believe they are over this issue then surly the way out for all as in the club and the fans which in cludes the ultras would be to have the flags treated with fire retardent!thus removing any threat of fire which is the real issue here in my mind,and is paramount to the safty of all. and i think its wrong to put pride before safty to all and if the moneys been offered to thoses that have the flags to have them treated and is not accepted .Then my QUESTIONis why NOT.
Old 20-11-2010, 11:25   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
I'm sorry but i can't under stand what the problem is regarding the flags!! If the clubs hands are tied which i believe they are over this issue then surly the way out for all as in the club and the fans which in cludes the ultras would be to have the flags treated with fire retardent!thus removing any threat of fire which is the real issue here in my mind,and is paramount to the safty of all. and i think its wrong to put pride before safty to all and if the moneys been offered to thoses that have the flags to have them treated and is not accepted .Then my QUESTIONis why NOT.
Because creating special one off flags for certain games like the newcastle one. It would not be possible to make and fire proof each time.
Old 20-11-2010, 11:30   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
I'm sorry but i can't under stand what the problem is regarding the flags!! If the clubs hands are tied which i believe they are over this issue

In which case does it not make sense to publish those facts instead of inviting the constant comments that it's the clubs decision.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..