Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2010, 19:27   #121
God Member

Re: Dwindling Home Support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
You can argue all you like, they are our flags & it is our reasons for not fire proofing them.

If the authoirities don't like our style of support, then so be it. But don't expect us to bow down to a ****e rule created by a jobsworth

That's that then, a mature, and concise reasoning.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-11-2010, 19:36   #122
Senior Member+

come on Jase back down a bit , the club will back down a bit .

The club will have to be seen winning .

Even though we don't agree with it .
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 20:12   #123
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Don't see anyone arguing jase, just see some grown ups trying to make you lot see sense, crap or not you lot were in the wrong FACT, the only sensible way in this matter is compromise. or the club ya profess to love spirals downhill. simple as.
Old 20-11-2010, 21:08   #124
God Member

Would love to see the big flags and displays back; the Clayton End looks so bleak without them. However I do understand that the Ultras' issue is with the lack of necessity in the H&S rule itself, as part of their 'against modern football' mentality. That mentality, that people are attacking for being foolish, also brought us the greatest display seen at an English football match as long as I can remember (the pre-Newcastle game flags).

It is their belief and they are passionate about it, and even though it's nowt to do with me, I'm fully behind people who are willing to stand up (and suffer) for their beliefs. It seems that the Ultras are fully aware of what the situation is, so it's up to them what they want to do.

No one is stopping other groups of people bringing their own fireproofed surfers etc if they feel so passionate about it. Nothing to fall out over on messageboards.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 22:47   #125
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well come on then shaker who's falling out? its just opinions to me.
Old 21-11-2010, 09:22   #126

I cant believe so many people are attacking peoples decisions on something they do voluntary and at expence to themselves.

This post is about home dwindiling home support. If you think the flags missing are a problem make one, fire proof one, and bring it. Then over the next week make another. . . . . Its not a job its a choice the ultras have spent years making the effort.
Old 21-11-2010, 09:42   #127
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
I cant believe so many people are attacking peoples decisions on something they do voluntary and at expence to themselves ... Its not a job its a choice the ultras have spent years making the effort
Quite right.

However, I think you should re-brand yourselves as the 'Conventionals' now
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 10:09   #128
Senior Member+

Quote:
I cant believe so many people are attacking peoples decisions on something they do voluntary and at expence to themselves.

This post is about home dwindiling home support. If you think the flags missing are a problem make one, fire proof one, and bring it. Then over the next week make another. . . . . Its not a job its a choice the ultras have spent years making the effort.
Of course you've the right to make any decision as to what to do with your time and money. I just wish you hadn't made this one ... the Ultras' flags make Stanley special and I for one would like to see them back. The Newcastle game was simply the best football experience of my life, mostly down to you lot (though JC and the team did a bit to help ). So I am hoping against hope some sort of compromise becomes possible, though I can see why you don't want to change your stand.
Old 21-11-2010, 11:25   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Of course you've the right to make any decision as to what to do with your time and money. I just wish you hadn't made this one ... the Ultras' flags make Stanley special and I for one would like to see them back. The Newcastle game was simply the best football experience of my life, mostly down to you lot (though JC and the team did a bit to help ). So I am hoping against hope some sort of compromise becomes possible, though I can see why you don't want to change your stand.
What was achieved at the newcastle game would not have been posible with these rules. People can say oh get the normal ones done then come to an agreement for one offs but if we do compromise then it leaves room for them to change there mind or create new rules for people to bow down to.
Old 21-11-2010, 11:41   #130
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owd Bob View Post
I would like to re-iterate what UK Cowboy has just said. As some of you may know, I spend every game in the control room, and can say here and now that the banning of flags that have not been flame-proofed HAS NOTHING AL ALL TO DO WITH MICK SCHULTZ.

Today I read the e-mail that the club had received from the LCC stating that the un-fireproofed flag ban would have to be implemented due to the smoke bombs that were let off during the Newcastle match.

So what can the club do but act on instructions from a higher authority.

The club has agreed to pay for the fireproofing of the flags. What more could they have done?

And in the same situation, what would you guys have done if you ran the club?
Quote:
What was achieved at the newcastle game would not have been posible with these rules. People can say oh get the normal ones done then come to an agreement for one offs but if we do compromise then it leaves room for them to change there mind or create new rules for people to bow down to.
If the post above is correct, then yer talking rubbish? go see that e-mail? that will clarify who's in charge of this ban, or is this just a face saving excersise? yer will probably say this is another post attacking, it aint its just common sense.
Old 21-11-2010, 11:49   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If the post above is correct, then yer talking rubbish? go see that e-mail? that will clarify who's in charge of this ban, or is this just a face saving excersise? yer will probably say this is another post attacking, it aint its just common sense.
At no point did i say the club was in charge of the ban. I was just trying to say they could change there mind at a later date and make new rules. On the attacking front i was just saying if people think thats the problem they can solve it themselves by creating flags.
Old 21-11-2010, 12:18   #132
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
At no point did i say the club was in charge of the ban. I was just trying to say they could change there mind at a later date and make new rules. On the attacking front i was just saying if people think thats the problem they can solve it themselves by creating flags.
Who can change there mind? aint the clubs ban so they can't,please explain?
Old 21-11-2010, 12:28   #133
Resting in Peace

Noticed plenty of flags at Anfield last night big ones as well, surely all clubs have to adhere to the same rules on elf and safety, mind you there are very few at Old Trafford, maybe because its too far to cart them on the train from London
Old 21-11-2010, 12:41   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Who can change there mind? aint the clubs ban so they can't,please explain?
Members of the club. If an agreement was made its hardly official so if someone wanted to send the high vis sodiers out with new rules they could knowing that we have bowed down to one rule so we'll have to bow down to more rules which no matter who decides on the rule they are enforced by the stewards on entry. Alot of what goes on is very last minute so the more rules needed to hover around the harder what we have so special will be to keep.

We do what we do the way we do thats why we are so good at it. Like i have said if people have opposite opinions we are not professionals yet have managed with the displays if people want flags make some.
Old 21-11-2010, 13:04   #135
Senior Member+

This is getting out of hand. "They" are not a fascist dictatorship bent on world domination via a stewards' army, they're the management team of a small football club which has done so remarkably well and progressed so quickly that said management team are out of their depth when trying to satisfy the requirements of the host of outside bodies (FA, FL, HMRC, LCC, HSE etc) who all insist on sticking their oar in. And have to use an unpredictable bunch of stewards to look after an unpredictable bunch of fans .. I want a new regime like most people on here but am prepared to give the old regime a bit of slack occasionally.

Blessed are the peacemakers ....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..