Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2010, 05:22   #151
God Member

Re: Dwindling Home Support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Agreed Google Page Ranking!!and nodout a statement will appear on the fishy site when the work is compleated
I am not having a go at you Mab but at the Club with this, this is serious stuff which potentially our future as a FL Club may hang, no doubt they have already told the FL and their chairman via his visit last week the updates.

But we are equally as important, I sense there maybe a view within the Club until it is nailed down and complete they don't announce anything as things can go wrong?

Wrong there should be a structured timetable and regular updates via whatever news source the Club choose.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2010, 08:54   #152
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Different licencing authorities apply different rules.
You'd fool me the flags at anfield on Saturday were masive on huge poles
Old 22-11-2010, 08:57   #153
Resting in Peace

You would think it would be in the clubs own interests to issue a statement on just what the rules and regs are they HAVE to adhere too, which would stop all this nonsense
Old 22-11-2010, 10:16   #154
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You would think it would be in the clubs own interests to issue a statement on just what the rules and regs are they HAVE to adhere too, which would stop all this nonsense
it would be in the clubs best interests, if those at the head wished it to prosper.
Old 22-11-2010, 11:07   #155
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
it would be in the clubs best interests, if those at the head wished it to prosper.
If those at the top don't want the club to prosper the games a bogy
Old 22-11-2010, 16:14   #156
God Member

the club never issued any proper statement (I cant remember even a rubbish statement but might be wrong).

the club never issued a statement regarding the trouble after the Newcastle match, when EVERYBODY was blaming the stewards and police.

the club never issue statements on anything that matters to us, and the ones they do release are about as informative as a wet tea towel
Old 22-11-2010, 17:11   #157
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

the club never issue statements on anything that matters to us, and the ones they do release are about as informative as a wet tea towel
Or asking for money
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 18:02   #158
Senior Member+

Quote:
Nowt to do with Flags or Smoke Pellets Cashy !... but this just might reverse your original concern about dwindling gates !!..

Stanley's weekend match winner Sean McConville has been named in the Football League's Team of the Week.

A bit of good news at last ??.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 18:52   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

Stanley's weekend match winner Sean McConville has been named in the Football League's Team of the Week.

A bit of good news at last ??.
Old 22-11-2010, 19:36   #160

To my mind the Ultras are the one selling point bout Stanley for new fans. Our neighbours are always going to be able to offer more glamour and glitz (even the Dingles) and better facilities so the atmosphere at Dtanley has always been the bog draw. Even on the non league days the craic behind the goal was usually more entertaining than what was in front of it. I really hope that the Ultras issues with the club can be resolved. We cannot afford to give anyone reason to stay away.

Says the guy who can only get to a couple of games each season.

BTW this MCConville that's playing so well. Is he related to that ineffective scouse winger that's been at the club for the las few years?
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 19:49   #161
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedsRed View Post
To my mind the Ultras are the one selling point bout Stanley for new fans. Our neighbours are always going to be able to offer more glamour and glitz (even the Dingles) and better facilities so the atmosphere at Dtanley has always been the bog draw. Even on the non league days the craic behind the goal was usually more entertaining than what was in front of it. I really hope that the Ultras issues with the club can be resolved. We cannot afford to give anyone reason to stay away.

BTW this MCConville that's playing so well. Is he related to that ineffective scouse winger that's been at the club for the las few years?
wouldn't go as far as saying hes playing so well mate, lol to be fair he has improved a bit. whatever happens between the club n ultras, the silence from the club certainly don't help matters, on numerous points.
Old 22-11-2010, 20:41   #162

Quote:
the silence from the club certainly don't help matters, on numerous points.
Same old Stanley, Cashy. Kim Jong Il is more open. It beggers belief. I don't buy the conspiracy theories - I've said before that I'm not sure anyone at the club is bright enough to think it through - but someone needs to budge a little before all that good work goes to waste.

And on the subject of that good work, I understand that the architect of all that is Ultra is due a result shortly. Good luck, WM. Hope it's the right one.
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:11   #163
God Member

A couple of members of the ultras have had a chat with the club this week, and pending the certificates for the flags being sorted this week which should be done early this week the flags will be back on the clayton end.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:45   #164
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
A couple of members of the ultras have had a chat with the club this week, and pending the certificates for the flags being sorted this week which should be done early this week the flags will be back on the clayton end.
That's Good News John

Well done to those concerned

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:48   #165
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
Nice one JT!!! Any new flags on the way????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..