Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree179Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2017, 22:43   #91
God Member

Re: multi-media digital display

From memory the advertising space they are selling on it would raise £11k per season.
Old 03-02-2017, 00:49   #92
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
From memory the advertising space they are selling on it would raise £11k per season.
Would that offset the leccy bill and maintenance for it?
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:00   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
is that in hope or have deals been done provisionally.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:21   #94
God Member

I dont know to be honest. I'm sure that some of the advertising space is sold as a result of the fundraising campaign but the OASSC had a business breakfast launch for the screen where over 40 local companies were in attendance. Feedback was positive I'm led to believe.

I'll be honest, I'm not a lover of this idea, and neither was I keen on the Changing Room campaign - neither seem like Supporters Club business. But, I keep saying that unless you're willing to attend meetings and have an input (and actually help out with the ideas you put forward) then it's difficult to complain afterwards.

Whether we agree with the root source of the campaign, there is no denying that it has been a mega spectacular success. To anyone who has looked at the Tifosi site you will constantly see reminders of it wherever you go on the Internet. In terms of advertising and in your face marketing it has been huge. It has also reached out to local business in a way that (from what I can see) the club hasn't been able to. It has offered affordable advertising whereas the club offers either expensive advertising or cheapo hospitality. To the fans it has offered rarities such as signing a pro contract, get on the team picture and other such one-offs that will provide life long memories and help to cement the winners love for the club.

The OASSC think big these days, the campaign is predicted to reach its' target by virtue of £12k raised at the Sportsmans Dinner (April 29th) and £5k from a golf day. This is good money and these events should be run every single season if they can raise those sort of figures. After stepping down as Chair of the Supporters Club a few years ago, I kinda thought that it had outlived its use and was destined for the scrapper. The original purpose of the Supportes Club was to be able to pay players wages in the event of the club being unable to, there was no chance of that in this day and age - but maybe it possibly could?

Last years target was £25k, this years £40k ... where will it end and what could it fund?
Old 04-02-2017, 08:28   #95
God Member

Last years target was £25k, this years £40k ... where will it end and what could it fund?[/QUOTE]

one thing about stanley fans is that they,re not frightened to put their hands in their pockets for the club. i imagine a lot of other clubs with higher gates are envious of us. we might disagree on a lot of things but most will rally round.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 16:17   #96
I am Banned

We have reached the target we will have a big screen
Old 06-02-2017, 11:23   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
We have reached the target we will have a big screen
....and WELL DONE to the O.A.S.S.C. for all their hard work and ALL OF THE STANLEY FANS who have contributed.......
SIMPLY MAGNIFICENT EVERONE!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 19:25   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
....and WELL DONE to the O.A.S.S.C. for all their hard work and ALL OF THE STANLEY FANS who have contributed.......
SIMPLY MAGNIFICENT EVERYONE!
oops...... Y ..... added
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:48   #99
Senior Member+

Excellent news
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:02   #100
I am Banned

Would we need planning permission for something like this due to the houses near by?
Old 07-02-2017, 13:16   #101
God Member

Quote:
Would we need planning permission for something like this due to the houses near by?
Planning regs on advertising are fiendishly complex.
The Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007 [Schedule 1, Class A] state that the regs do not apply to "An advertisement displayed on enclosed land" which "is not readily visible from outside the enclosed land or from any place to which the public have a right of access".
Enclosed land specifically includes a sports stadium. Public right of access does not include private back gardens.
It should depend on how visible the screen would be outside the ground from the public highway or public spaces.
West Ham needed planning consent for a 'massive' screen but I presume this was because it was on the outer elevation of the stadium, facing towards public land in the Olympic Park.
Revived Red likes this.

Last edited by Neil; 16-04-2017 at 15:14. Reason: fix quote
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 22:34   #102
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Planning regs on advertising are fiendishly complex.
The Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007 [Schedule 1, Class A] state that the regs do not apply to "An advertisement displayed on enclosed land" which "is not readily visible from outside the enclosed land or from any place to which the public have a right of access".
Enclosed land specifically includes a sports stadium. Public right of access does not include private back gardens.
It should depend on how visible the screen would be outside the ground from the public highway or public spaces.
West Ham needed planning consent for a 'massive' screen but I presume this was because it was on the outer elevation of the stadium, facing towards public land in the Olympic Park.
Would they count the livingstone road playing fields as a public space?

Last edited by Neil; 16-04-2017 at 15:14. Reason: fix quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:17   #103
God Member

Quote:
Would they count the livingstone road playing fields as a public space?
Yes, but some might argue the point about planning controls on advertising, in so far as it impacts public space, is whether you can see the actual advert, not necessary the 'hoarding' or, in this case, the back of the screen. A primary concern is that adverts do not excessively distract traffic (so how did Walsall FC get one facing the M6, you might well ask) or 'harm' the amenity of public space. Would it be the case that the advertising face of the screen would be visible from Livingstone Road?
Looking at the image on the Fishy site, it may well be that the screen would be visible from public streets or spaces.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg big screen compressed.jpg (17.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Neil; 16-04-2017 at 15:15. Reason: fix quote
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:22   #104
I am Banned

Also will it affect the plans for the new stand been on that side?
Old 08-02-2017, 11:34   #105

From my recollection of the #upinlights launch meeting, it was stated that a final location for the screen hadn't been decided and the mock-up was only for illustration purposes.

I seem to recall that the intended location was to the left of the Rubiks Cube as you look from the main stand.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..