Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree179Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2017, 13:56   #151
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: multi-media digital display

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
You can get a 90 inch tv for around a grand
And you stick your telly for a grand on the roof of the coms box & just how long will it hold up against the local weather?

I'm merely presuming here, but I'd expect the 40k's worth has some sort of outdoor protection included in the design hence the hefty price.
Old 16-04-2017, 14:53   #152
Senior Member+

Dave,

It that outdoor protection must be a major part of £40k as I'm still baffled!
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 15:10   #153
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
You can get a 90 inch tv for around a grand

This new screen is a joke , £40k down the swanny
I normally dont see your posts as I blocked you a long time ago (but saw the post whilst logged out). I also know better than to reply to your trolling posts - however, I really must reply that you're a knob because other less informed people may just believe you rather than forming their own opinion.

Firstly, it wasnt 40k

Secondly, even if it was its not your money so its not up the swanny. It was raised specifically and wholly for this purpose. If you didnt agree with the target then you dont contribute. I didnt so I didnt - simples.

Thirdly, you havent seen it yet, and until you do so you should really keep your negative sneck out of it.

Fourthly, much of the cost is installation and protection. Quite obvious when you put your intelligence hat on

Rant over, back on t'block list.
AccyMad, KiTChener, DAV007 and 1 others like this.
Old 16-04-2017, 16:17   #154
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I normally dont see your posts as I blocked you a long time ago (but saw the post whilst logged out). I also know better than to reply to your trolling posts - however, I really must reply that you're a knob because other less informed people may just believe you rather than forming their own opinion.

Firstly, it wasnt 40k

Secondly, even if it was its not your money so its not up the swanny. It was raised specifically and wholly for this purpose. If you didnt agree with the target then you dont contribute. I didnt so I didnt - simples.

Thirdly, you havent seen it yet, and until you do so you should really keep your negative sneck out of it.

Fourthly, much of the cost is installation and protection. Quite obvious when you put your intelligence hat on

It was 40k, 20k from the fan funding and 20k from the end of season dinner
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 17:08   #155
Senior Member+

I normally dont see your posts as I blocked you a long time ago

never run away from something or try and block it/ban it if you dont like it, snowflake behaviour is counter productive
(but saw the post whilst logged out).
Maybe you should log out more often
I also know better than to reply to your trolling posts
please demonstrate where I have trolled before?-
however, I really must reply that you're a knob
thank you
because other less informed people
nasty generalisation of the great accy stanley fans
may just believe you rather than forming their own opinion.#
again, shocking disrespect for fellow accy stanley fans, not nice

Firstly, it wasnt 40k
£40k was the target, £40k was used on all the advertising and promotion for events to raise the money

Secondly, even if it was
nice of you to admit
its not your money so its not up the swanny
That misses the point, its the supporters clubs money which is precious and must help the club as much as possible including making it go as far as possible. Furthermore, it is my money as I donated to some of the fund raising efforts.
It was raised specifically and wholly for this purpose.
yes, we know
If you didnt agree with the target then you dont contribute. I didnt so I didnt - simples.
Your missing the point, I agree with the target aka a new screen, but remain disappointed with the outcome

Thirdly, you havent seen it yet,
There are various pictures on social media
and until you do so you should really keep your negative
Honest
sneck out of it.

Fourthly, much of the cost is installation and protection.
Evidently
Quite obvious when you put your intelligence hat on
Nice hat

Thank You
Old 16-04-2017, 17:36   #156
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
It was 40k, 20k from the fan funding and 20k from the end of season dinner
So we've got it on credit then as the dinner hasnt took place yet?

I dont know the final cost but towards the end of the campaign they announced they'd done a deal to get it cheaper and owt leftover would go towards smaller screens linked to it being installed in the fanzone
baldy likes this.
Old 16-04-2017, 19:10   #157
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
So we've got it on credit then as the dinner hasnt took place yet?

I dont know the final cost but towards the end of the campaign they announced they'd done a deal to get it cheaper and owt leftover would go towards smaller screens linked to it being installed in the fanzone
https://www.tifosy.com/en/campaigns/...pinlights-3204

22k raised from fan funding and 10k from end of season dinner and golf day
Old 16-04-2017, 19:21   #158
God Member

If anyone's still puzzled why some fans regard the Accyweb as a bunch of moaners, this thread should settle it.
Is there nothing the club can do that someone, even the soi dissant 'fans rep', can't whinge about?
Jeezums, it's just a b****y information screen. If you don't like it, stand at the Coppice End where you won't have to look at it.
baldy, DAV007 and Lord Didsbury like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 19:32   #159
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
https://www.tifosy.com/en/campaigns/...pinlights-3204

22k raised from fan funding and 10k from end of season dinner and golf day

The target was reduced to £30k, so either a deal done or a cheaper model. £40k the original target.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 19:36   #160
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
If anyone's still puzzled why some fans regard the Accyweb as a bunch of moaners, this thread should settle it.
Is there nothing the club can do that someone, even the soi dissant 'fans rep', can't whinge about?
Jeezums, it's just a b****y information screen. If you don't like it, stand at the Coppice End where you won't have to look at it.
Just think there's better things the club could of spent the money on, like improving the away facilties, end of day they are paying customers and deserve to have better than what they get
DAV007 likes this.
Old 16-04-2017, 19:49   #161

I for one can't wait to see it. I'm actually thinking of getting there 30 minutes early and just gawping at it until I get a stiff neck. Watch as mug shots of our heroes light up the grim Accrington afternoon.

New car park, new fanzone, new seats, new bogs, clubhouse improvements, better pitch....and now a big screen. Great manager at the helm, players signed up on longer contracts. This is a club going places. The screen, even if you think is wasted money, is a statement of intent on the road to domestic and European invincibility.
MikeA, maccawozzagod and choirboy like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 19:55   #162
Full Member+

It is an investment to bring in more money over the next 20 years through advertising packages starting at £500 a pop.

Away should improvements should do the same and are part of a bigger ground improvement program.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 16-04-2017, 19:59   #163
Senior Member+

why is being critical of an over priced electric board considered to be moaning and against the club?

no one is criticising the idea of having an electric board, what is up for criticism is the price and the size.

please get behind the club.
Old 16-04-2017, 20:29   #164

Ok, what would be a good price and a bigger size?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 21:12   #165
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Ok, what would be a good price and a bigger size?
The largest ones circa 10m by 30m cost around £2.5m.

The smaller ones still cost thousand just to hire, a lot of clubs used to hire them to show away games that sold out. in the 80s to the early 2000s.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..