Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree179Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2017, 12:29   #106
I am Banned

Re: multi-media digital display

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
From my recollection of the #upinlights launch meeting, it was stated that a final location for the screen hadn't been decided and the mock-up was only for illustration purposes.

I seem to recall that the intended location was to the left of the Rubiks Cube as you look from the main stand.
If it's too the left that means it would be incorporated into the new stand which could mean the planning permission gets revoked for the stand
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2017, 14:17   #107
Full Member+

I would think/hope that the club simply talk to the planning officers and the local people if needs be. As long as it does not cause light pollution into people's bedrooms in particular there won't be a problem. I know there are limits to the brightness that can be displayed at night. I don't see a problem.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 14:47   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
.... I don't see a problem.
Have you talked to many planning officers?
Hope you're right.
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 19:41   #109
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I would think/hope that the club simply talk to the planning officers and the local people if needs be. As long as it does not cause light pollution into people's bedrooms in particular there won't be a problem. I know there are limits to the brightness that can be displayed at night. I don't see a problem.
Whether it blocks out light aswell
Old 09-02-2017, 10:06   #110
God Member

It won't block any residents 'right to light' if it's next to or on the Rubik's Cube Box. And, unless they own it, no-one has a 'right' to a view.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:25   #111
God Member

i would have thought the club would have spoken to the planners before any collections for the score board had started.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 15:02   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i would have thought the club would have spoken to the planners before any collections for the score board had started.
This is Stanley mate
Old 10-02-2017, 21:32   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
So good to see this, instead of 'would of'!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:46   #114
Senior Member+

There is no such thing as a right to light when it comes to planning.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 13:53   #115
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
There is no such thing as a right to light when it comes to planning.
You're 'right' (for once!)
The right to light is protected under common law and, in England and Wales, by the Prescription Act 1832. It's a civil matter.
But, whilst the right to light is no longer covered under Planning legislation, the issue is more often than not raised in terms of a neighbour's 'right' to daylight and sunshine through someone making a planning application.
However, given the distance of any windows from where the screen may be sited, it wouldn't adversely affect any neighbours' enjoyment of light and sun.
Just get it put up and let's hope it will start showing some goals from Stanley.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 12-02-2017, 20:30   #116
Full Member+

Much too far away agreed. There are set distances for privacy for building 2 and 3 story houses ect and it is outside of those, as they are building to building no garden. It is different here bur the back of a screen is less intrusive than a house with windows, but in theory if it was a bog standard brownfield site you build houses all over it.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 18:19   #117
I am Banned

In LET plans have been drawn up and planning permission applyed for, the want work to start before end of season
Old 06-03-2017, 20:08   #118
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
In LET plans have been drawn up and planning permission applyed for, the want work to start before end of season
Not quite...article says planning permission is to be applied for. I'm still not sure it's even needed but, if an application does have to be made (and guess what the answer will be if you asked the planning department), it's another one that would benefit from some supportive comments from 'the public'.
Old 06-03-2017, 20:20   #119
I am Banned

Depends where they are putting the display
Old 09-03-2017, 01:17   #120
Senior Member+

Has it been applied for?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..