Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2015, 13:28   #61

Re: Who ate all the pies?

Plenty of pies and bovril. They weren't too keen on the Scottish pounds but took them eventually :-D
Redraine likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2015, 15:04   #62

You were lucky! Refusing them at Accy shops recently - too many forgeries.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 15:32   #63
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
cannot understand all these comments about food at Stanley. if you cant go a couple of hours without something to eat god help you. if you want a drink bring a flask or a plastic bottle with water or pop. food and drink at all football grounds have one thing in common its well overpriced and in nearly 60 years of watching football I can count on one hand when ive used food outlets at grounds even away grounds and Wembley you,ll have to use a pay day loan company before you visit.
I've tried bringing a bottle of pop in before, got it took off me at turnstiles by a steward
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 15:34   #64
I am Banned

What we need is vending machines, probably cheaper, takes up less space, gives more of a variety, you can bye crabs in Japanese vending machines so why not hot dogs in ours
Old 26-09-2015, 15:38   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
cannot understand all these comments about food at Stanley. if you cant go a couple of hours without something to eat god help you. if you want a drink bring a flask or a plastic bottle with water or pop. food and drink at all football grounds have one thing in common its well overpriced and in nearly 60 years of watching football I can count on one hand when ive used food outlets at grounds even away grounds and Wembley you,ll have to use a pay day loan company before you visit.
Thats a daft comment,some people come straight from work, especially night games.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 26-09-2015, 16:27   #66
Senior Member+

Crawley's pies weren't up to much !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 18:39   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Crawley's pies weren't up to much !!!
Bet you didn't leave any whether or not !....I was going to ask how long their Sausages were, and do they match up to those at 'The Wham'.... but I didn't like to !!.
st06nc2 likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 19:04   #68
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Bet you didn't leave any whether or not !....I was going to ask how long their Sausages were, and do they match up to those at 'The Wham'.... but I didn't like to !!.
Everyone knows sausages are bigger up north
Old 26-09-2015, 19:46   #69
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Everyone knows sausages are bigger up north
Depends who's quoting the size, I think it's a "Bloke" thing.
Old 26-09-2015, 20:16   #70
God Member

Hate to admit this but sausage rolls at Crawley were excellent. Weighed as much as a half Nori, but a bit more edible.
Lady at the 'refreshment' (!) bar was a bit miffed as Crawley didn't tell her that there wouldn't be a coach load of ravenous northerners until 2pm and she over- stocked on pies, etc.
who'd be a pie-seller in League 2?
yonmon and st06nc2 like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 20:56   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Hate to admit this but sausage rolls at Crawley were excellent. Weighed as much as a half Nori, but a bit more edible.
Lady at the 'refreshment' (!) bar was a bit miffed as Crawley didn't tell her that there wouldn't be a coach load of ravenous northerners until 2pm and she over- stocked on pies, etc.
who'd be a pie-seller in League 2?
You could've asked her to put her left overs in a doggy bag & brought 'em back for Tuesday's game
Revived Red and yonmon like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2015, 08:04   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats a daft comment,some people come straight from work, especially night games.
don't get upset cashy this is my take on this issue . ive come straight from work to games and always found something to eat outside grounds even in Doncaster which is hardly town centre. next thing will be the reason night games are poorly supported is lack of pies.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2015, 08:53   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
don't get upset cashy this is my take on this issue . ive come straight from work to games and always found something to eat outside grounds even in Doncaster which is hardly town centre. next thing will be the reason night games are poorly supported is lack of pies.
"Don't get upset Cashy !".... Here speaketh a brave man !.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2015, 09:56   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Not upset at all just common sense, one of reasons night games get people missing is no buses running around hyndburn from quite a few areas, i know a few folk that aint got transport n are pensioners n taxis aint n option fer em.so many night games they stay home,
Old 27-09-2015, 10:35   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
ive come straight from work to games and always found something to eat outside grounds
Is there anywhere to eat outside the Wham? The local chippy is not always open.

And I think your original premise was wrong. It's not always "a couple of hours" without something to eat - it can be very much longer depending on distance travelled. And in any case, the half-time refreshment is (or should be) part of what is now generally called the "match day experience".
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..