Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2015, 09:38   #121
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Who ate all the pies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello View Post
Because email marketing is one of the most effective promotional tools of the modern era?
Effective to idiots i haveno doubt about.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:39   #122
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
What does it matter by what medium we express our concerns regarding the terrible catering facilities at the Wham Stadium this season. What strikes me is that this so called "Fans Liaison Officer" is well aware of the issue as he's obviously been reading the thread, but instead of living up to his "Grand" important sounding title, his first reaction is to make sure correct procedures are being followed. Sounds to me like he's more biased towards the club than the fans.
Got it in one. Already been demonstrated as far as i'm concerned.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:48   #123
Senior Member+

People expect the club to act more professionally, So in my opinion have done by asking fans to email them directly which is the professional way and you still aren't happy!

The clubs best ever league start and the busiest thread on the forum is how hot the pies are at half time...Just about sums a few people up on here!!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:51   #124
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
People expect the club to act more professionally, So in my opinion have done by asking fans to email them directly which is the professional way and you still aren't happy!

The clubs best ever league start and the busiest thread on the forum is how hot the pies are at half time...Just about sums a few people up on here!!
It also demonstrates your mentality, which aint much of a shock to me. we need any new people to be happy when they come. Keep the faith brought one and he wasnt best pleased, loved the game but sod all else.
keep the faith likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 02-10-2015 at 10:54.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:31   #125
Full Member+

KTF - Please could I ask: has your friend said whether he'd be interested in returning or if the facilities ruined his night too much?

I hope you take this in the honest, non-sarcastic manner in which I ask. I'm genuinely interested.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by Red-Osbornello; 02-10-2015 at 11:31. Reason: There was a space missing after the hyphen and my OCD wouldn't let it be!
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:36   #126
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Hopefully we should know answer to that tomorrow? the guys a Burnley season ticket holder, n think they play tonight?
Old 02-10-2015, 12:12   #127
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello View Post
Because email marketing is one of the most effective promotional tools of the modern era?
Thank you !,I think that we are all aware of this fact and I rely on them to give daily support in every area of my work !...BUT as the Managers of the Club really must be fully aware of the situation currently under discussion then an E Mail communication with them would seem to be superfluous and irrelevant at this time !.
What is needed is direct action from the Fans Liaison Officer and any spare Manager to do the rounds of the FF Outlets tomorrow afternoon and ensure that the quantity and quality of the comestables on sale are of an acceptable standard !, and of more importance, that the Fans are happy and satisfied with these provisions.
JC is often declaring that the Fans are of paramount importance to the Club !. So would this action not echo his sentiments precisely ?..
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:49   #128

Quote:

Absolute TOSH!

As I said in my previous email, it doesn't matter how one chooses to communicate their feelings as long as the point is taken. What about someone who doesn't have the means of sending an email?
cashman likes this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 13:49   #129
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Absolute TOSH!

As I said in my previous email, it doesn't matter how one chooses to communicate their feelings as long as the point is taken. What about someone who doesn't have the means of sending an email?
Don't expect baldy to consider that fact mate. they aint professional.
Old 02-10-2015, 14:14   #130
Senior Member+

Quote:
Absolute TOSH!

What % of people in this day in age don't have access to an email account? If not why not phone the club or even put a letter in snail mail to the club?

Failing that go and see somebody at the club, Always somebody to talk to!

By the time its taken to make 9 pages in this thread the people who aren't happy could have emailed, phoned or spoke to someone face to face at the club but what would be the fun in that when you can just moan on an unofficial forum?
Red-Osbornello and sherry like this.
Old 02-10-2015, 14:22   #131
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

You really are dense, the object is to make new people happy to come, who is gonna do that if they dont live in accy? if they are not regulars then the probable outcome is they won't come back, think about things before opening yer gob. notice the clowns joining the circus. I also know quite a few people that aint got computers, never will have, they reckon they are too old, daft but true, you only think of yer own clowns baldy.

Last edited by cashman; 02-10-2015 at 14:26.
Old 02-10-2015, 14:33   #132
Senior Member+

Maybe you could email the club on their behalf if its something you feel so strong about?

Go on, I dare you!
Old 02-10-2015, 14:45   #133
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Maybe you could email the club on their behalf if its something you feel so strong about?

Go on, I dare you!
Why should i, if they aint bothered like yer beloved manager about attracting support, why should i ? its undermining J.C. thought even you might grasp that fact, but i'm wrong again.Plus another thing, i dont know the guy,even though he stood with me and the guy who brought him, I dont take on doing things without permission, if he comes again or dont it aint down to me.

Last edited by cashman; 02-10-2015 at 14:50.
Old 02-10-2015, 18:09   #134
Senior Member+

Brilliant post!!!
Discussing and reading about the situation regarding the Pies is definitely preferable to.......
............. a Long Discussion about a Bad Start to a Season where Relegation is a good bet!!!
I am going to try treally hard to get a Pie tomorrow and then I might join the 'discussion'.

Three points and a Pie tomorrow would really make my day!!!
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 18:16   #135

This seems to be rumbling on for a while and, whilst I can see that an emailed complaint is more official, I think we are missing the point. We are grumbling about the standard of catering at Accy but, no matter how bad it is, we will more than likely be back because we are Stanley fans. Rightly or wrongly we have put up with no roof, poor toilet facilities, poor catering and on accaison no beer but the club means more to us tahn all that.

The problem we have here is we are trying to attract new fans and neutrals/fans of other clubs on a day trip. at the end of the day even good football may not be enough to get them to come back because at the end of the day it is good league 2 football not the Premiership, Championship, Bundisliga, la Liga, Serie A or any of the other big leagues on TV. Facilities do matter to people and businesses and if the facilities are sub standard most people don't fire off an email they just don't come back.

Personally I'm not too bothered as I only get something to eat inside if I've been on the bevvy and a bucket of ale can make anything taste not too bad. Likewise the cost can be expensive but I hand over a fiver or tenner and pocket the change so I've no idea how much it was last time at the Wham. If I don't have a fiver or tenner I don't bother or just pull out a handfull of pound coins which I seem to accumulate - probably because I keep using a fiver or tenner and pocketing the change .

Perhaps rather than argue about whether we need to email or post on an unofficial forum the club should try the catering before the game and at half time and report back. It's not rocket science however if the club get paid regardless of how much or little is sold and what is sold would they want to rock the boat because at the end of the day they need the money and doing it themselves probably isn't an option regarding infrastructure and potential losses in winter.

Anyway despite the catering I'll be back tomorrow!!!
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..