Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2017, 11:22   #256
Senior Member+

Re: Who ate all the pies?

PUKKA PIES AT BLACKPOOL...

Feeling peckish, and foolishly hoping that the Pukka Pies at Bloomfield Road might just have the edge over the last sorry offering I purchased at the Crown ( Wham !). I slid stealthily up to the food counter and bought one of their Meat and Potato delicacies...In front of other Meat Pie afficionados I unscrewed the lid and what do you think ?..The first centimetre layer of filling was lukewarm, the rest almost cold !.

I took it back and the Catering Supervisor immediately went in search of a Pie which could be described as Hot !.. she found one and with a smile exchanged them !..so kind !.

It was so unpalatable that I almost didn't eat it, but hunger pangs made me finish it apart from three pieces of gristly ' Meat ? '.

Am I to complete what is left of life's journey and not find a Pukka Pie which will satisfy my somewhat demanding tastes in such comestibles ?.

I've got a fiver burning a hole in my pocket so, in hope, I'll try another at the Crown this afternoon !.. .wish me luck !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2017, 11:29   #257
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
PUKKA PIES AT BLACKPOOL...

Feeling peckish, and foolishly hoping that the Pukka Pies at Bloomfield Road might just have the edge over the last sorry offering I purchased at the Crown ( Wham !). I slid stealthily up to the food counter and bought one of their Meat and Potato delicacies...In front of other Meat Pie afficionados I unscrewed the lid and what do you think ?..The first centimetre layer of filling was lukewarm, the rest almost cold !.

I took it back and the Catering Supervisor immediately went in search of a Pie which could be described as Hot !.. she found one and with a smile exchanged them !..so kind !.

It was so unpalatable that I almost didn't eat it, but hunger pangs made me finish it apart from three pieces of gristly ' Meat ? '.

Am I to complete what is left of life's journey and not find a Pukka Pie which will satisfy my somewhat demanding tastes in such comestibles ?.

I've got a fiver burning a hole in my pocket so, in hope, I'll try another at the Crown this afternoon !.. .wish me luck !!
Chuck yer £5 in the bin mate, its better value.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 17-04-2017, 12:39   #258
God Member

You'd have been better venturing onto the prom for some proper fish & chips Alan, then you could've joined the march from the Manchester to the ground with some good grub inside you enabling you to join in the singing
yonmon likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 19:09   #259

Queued up for most of half time for a pie. The queue never moved. I made the decision to forego the pie and returned back to the Clayton end terrace empty handed. I'm glad I did too otherwise I would have missed our superb goal. Something needs to be done to speed things up at the pie counter.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 19:49   #260
God Member

Eat before the game?
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 09:42   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Eat before the game?
Just thought I'd treat myself, it's my first game since early Feb, due to sickness. I'll take your advice in future!
Old 18-04-2017, 15:39   #262
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Eat before the game?
I did Exile AND at last the Pukka Pie was almost pukka..... I say almost because again,in the opinion of one who has tasted better, the Meat content appeared and proved to be of inferior quality !.

But it was hot, I didn't have to queue at all, so I can take some positives from the experience !.
keep the faith likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 20:59   #263
Senior Member+

Lets give pukka pies a chance, they make some good products.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 06:14   #264
God Member

Our fans rep has spoken, Yonmon. Stop criticising and get behind the pies!
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 07:43   #265
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Lets give pukka pies a chance, they make some good products.
Perhaps if they sold these good products then,everyone would be happy.
Old 19-04-2017, 10:08   #266
Senior Member+

Maybe the quality of pukka products is not the same at the game as they sell on supermarket shelves?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 10:31   #267
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Maybe the quality of pukka products is not the same at the game as they sell on supermarket shelves?
Have no idea about that, i just know whats crap n what aint.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 19-04-2017, 10:32   #268

Quote:
No! I think they make better ones especially for sale at Stanley
DAV007 likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 11:50   #269

I'm not prepared to queue up for half of the afternoon to test your theory Lord S!
Old 19-04-2017, 11:58   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
I'm not prepared to queue up for half of the afternoon to test your theory Lord S!
Some people just don't get irony.
Even DAV fell for it!
DAV007 likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..