Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2015, 09:04   #151
Senior Member+

Re: Who ate all the pies?

I had my said PIE before the kick off.
My marks;
Warmth = 6/10 ......Could have been hotter!
Taste = 8/10 ......Quite good
Texture = 7/10 ......Nice crust but inner was a bit of a mush.
Service = 8/10 .......Pleasant...Mr Grumpy was absent!

Overall = Could do better, (see me after school!)

Did they still have enough stock at half time?
Red-Osbornello likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-10-2015, 09:16   #152
God Member

is our catering any better or worse than other clubs in our division and what do others charge. don't go to many away games due to us being in league division 2 south. but it would be interesting to compare. if ours is worse could the supporters club get involved as a group has more clout than an individual.
keep the faith likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:19   #153
Senior Member+

£5 for two coffees is a bit of a joke !!!,no wonder Yonmon sidles upto his lady friend at half time when the flask comes out
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:45   #154

Well done Choirboy on your survey, a very clear scoring system.
Negative comments still being expressed so by the look of things the situation continues.
Following Tuesday night's fiasco I gave the Clayton end van a wide birth. I did notice however that the van had been relocated and possibly it was a different vendor (not Mr Grumpy). Perhaps someone can clarify.
I think the supporters club are well aware of the situation and agree with monkey hanger that they could use a bit of clout, particularly since we haven't heard another peep from
the Supporter Liaison Officer.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:55   #155
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well as yeh did actually send him n e-mail, yer saying yeh still aint heard a peep?
Old 04-10-2015, 10:05   #156

not a peep!
Old 04-10-2015, 10:46   #157
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
not a peep!
Yeh will probably get some stick off the clowns fer doing it the right way as requested.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:06   #158
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
is our catering any better or worse than other clubs in our division and what do others charge. don't go to many away games due to us being in league division 2 south. but it would be interesting to compare. if ours is worse could the supporters club get involved as a group has more clout than an individual.
If it's true that people were being asked to pay £2.50 for a coffee at Stanley then that seems a right royal rip off.
I visit a few southern softie grounds and the fare is variable. But what is a fact is that I remember the places that offer better fare or service. Places like Dagenham are reasonably priced, as I recall, Brizzle Rovers have the best pasty anywhere, the sausage rolls at Crawley were monstrous, and Wimbledon and Wycombe offer good value.
For somewhere with a ground that is barely Conference standard to charge £2.50 for a cup of hot water and a few grains of instant coffee-like substitute is beyond a joke.
The answer is simple, just don't pay it.
Revived Red and andyd like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:12   #159
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
Try looking on the football ground guide website in what,s it like for visiting supporters section and usually there is a brief article on the catering, excellent website I always check this site when travelling to an away game, I had a pie at Morecambe in the seated area and it was lacking in food in the middle cost about £5.60 with a cider to wash it down.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:33   #160
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Try looking on the football ground guide website in what,s it like for visiting supporters section and usually there is a brief article on the catering, excellent website I always check this site when travelling to an away game, I had a pie at Morecambe in the seated area and it was lacking in food in the middle cost about £5.60 with a cider to wash it down.
There is only one thing to say about your £5.60 for a pie and a drink you've more money than sense,and even worse you did it at a football match, you could save all that hassle, just throw you money down a grate.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:47   #161
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
There is only one thing to say about your £5.60 for a pie and a drink you've more money than sense,and even worse you did it at a football match, you could save all that hassle, just throw you money down a grate.
Well I,ve got a hell of a lot of sense so work it out for yerself I,ve worked damm hard for my money so I choose to spend it were I like I don,t certainly need advice from you.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:01   #162

Quote:
I've visited the ground guide website Andy but it's difficult to establish when these comments were made and last updated. Things can change drastically from season to season as has been spectacularly demonstrated at the Wham!
Old 04-10-2015, 12:46   #163
I am Banned

Quote:
Well I,ve got a hell of a lot of sense so work it out for yerself I,ve worked damm hard for my money so I choose to spend it were I like I don,t certainly need advice from you.
I'll let Cashy's wisdom speak for me.

. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 13:04   #164
God Member

Cool Re: Who ate all the pies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I'll let Cashy's wisdom speak for me.

. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 04-10-2015, 13:32   #165
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
Well done Choirboy on your survey, a very clear scoring system.
Negative comments still being expressed so by the look of things the situation continues.
Following Tuesday night's fiasco I gave the Clayton end van a wide birth. I did notice however that the van had been relocated and possibly it was a different vendor (not Mr Grumpy). Perhaps someone can clarify.
I think the supporters club are well aware of the situation and agree with monkey hanger that they could use a bit of clout, particularly since we haven't heard another peep from
the Supporter Liaison Officer.
To be absolutely fair, I did have a short conversation with that FLO prior to the match, who having assured me that the Club are monitoring the situation closely, and have had assurances that at the least there will be an adequate supply of Pies at the outlets, even at the cost of throwing away those surplus to requirements ( Which seems a shame in these days of Food Banks and such ?), seemed to have a grip on the problem !.
Then Accymad, with a rather sad countenance, reported to me the startling fact that NO Chips were to be had from the outlet behind the Main Stand !. I offered to negotiate with the Steward guarding the Clayton End to see if he might purchase a few from their Van and pass them along to the Chipless standing around, but this offer was, as often happens to me where young ladies are concerned, treated as a bit of trivial banter on my part !...but I'm glad to see that AM has not let this absense of fried Potatoes go unreported !...
So folks, the Club is,I am assured, on to it, and things should improve !...Incidentally, Oxford were better than us !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..