Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2013, 07:27   #331
Senior Member+

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Thanks for changing your avatar Less even my sluglike constitution would have struggles with over 10,700 pics on the AccyWeb of you as a Stuart Hall lookie likey.....
I think it was a pic of K99ward D.
I thought it was Reg Holdsworth (Ken Morley), maybe a case of should have to specsavers.

Last edited by gpick24; 12-11-2013 at 07:30.
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2013, 08:14   #332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Kevin,
I will ask again.
Have you read Matthew 7:2 -5
Its quite a simple question really?
If you have, why post threatening, homophobic, bigoted, racist comments on here
Hi Boeing Guy,

How are you this fine morning? All's well and God is in his heaven.

Of course I have read the Sermon on the Mount. This, together with thr Ten Commandments and the Golden Rule, make up the corner stones of our faith. You can read it for yourself here: Matthew 7 NIV - Judging Others - ?Do not judge, or - Bible Gateway

Then I shall give you an examination on its meaning to see if you have been paying attention. I take it that your interpretation of "threatening, homophobic, bigoted, racist comments" are simply ones you don't agree with. If that is the case you have a mighty big opponent in our God.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:26   #333
Senior Member+

Can I ask that when you eventually get round to answering my questions, you answer in your own words and give your own opinions rather than posting links and quotes.
Many thanks.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:27   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Possibly not if it's a single subject, but spread over several & I think he may make quite a good mass-debator, he's showing all the hallmarks.
Hi Dave,

Nice to see you again this fine morning. I was interested in the use of your word 'debate.' There is nothing to debate about the Christian faith. It is 2000 years old (approx) and everything said has all been said before. The Internet is very interesting because several of my pet inventions turn up on the web as having been thought of before, proving the saying:

Ecclesiastes 1:9
New International Version (NIV)
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.

It is wonderful how the Holy Scriptures hold up time and time again.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:37   #335

Can anyone please tell me what he is on about.....
Gremlin likes this.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:38   #336
Senior Member+

Just a thought, as some versions of the bible are copyright protected, is it a bit risky for Accy Web for you to keep quoting it?
Old 12-11-2013, 08:40   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Can I ask that when you eventually get round to answering my questions, you answer in your own words and give your own opinions rather than posting links and quotes.
Many thanks.
Hi gpick,

I don't believe in reinventing the wheel. The Christian faith is a very old one and it has all been said before. Part of the reason for quoting others, apart from saving time, is that I wish to show you that my answers are not just the opinions of some crank living locally but are part of widely held beliefs. I am afraid you will have to accept my answers as they are. I seem to be in great demand on this forum. I am not complaining as I love declaring the word of God to those who have been blinded by the devil.

"Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light."
Old 12-11-2013, 08:41   #338
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Can anyone please tell me what he is on about.....
It has got me baffled too.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:42   #339

Ah, ah!!!!! He has at last admitted it - he is a crank living locally.....truth will out.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:44   #340
God Member

This member's entertainment value has plummeted.
He is just repeating his old routine which he plaguerised from a book.
My response to this thread has changed from amusement, to boredom, and now to annoyance.
I will be putting him on ignore because 'annoyance' type emotion contradicts my stress free lifestyle.
jaysay and Restless like this.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:50   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Just a thought, as some versions of the bible are copyright protected, is it a bit risky for Accy Web for you to keep quoting it?
Hi gpick,

I think you will find that most published bibles allow the quoting of small sections of them. Naturally, if someone started copying whole books it could impact on sales but they do usually insist on quoting the source. I use the online bibles as a rule that comply with these requirements.

I hope that puts paid to your gagging efforts.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:54   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
This member's entertainment value has plummeted.
He is just repeating his old routine which he plaguerised from a book.
My response to this thread has changed from amusement, to boredom, and now to annoyance.
I will be putting him on ignore because 'annoyance' type emotion contradicts my stress free lifestyle.
Hi Margaret,

I suggest that you look to Coronation Street for your future amusement.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:54   #343
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
Hi gpick,

I don't believe in reinventing the wheel. The Christian faith is a very old one and it has all been said before. Part of the reason for quoting others, apart from saving time, is that I wish to show you that my answers are not just the opinions of some crank living locally but are part of widely held beliefs. I am afraid you will have to accept my answers as they are. I seem to be in great demand on this forum. I am not complaining as I love declaring the word of God to those who have been blinded by the devil.

"Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light."
That`s a cop out, whether it`s an answer from a local crank or one from the other side of the world makes no difference.
But, you are the here preaching to us, you are the one trying to convert us to your faith, you are the one being asked the questions, I don`t think it is too much to ask that you give your answers.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:56   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Ah, ah!!!!! He has at last admitted it - he is a crank living locally.....truth will out.
Well I will admit to eating pigs trotters. Lol
Old 12-11-2013, 08:57   #345
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
Hi gpick,

I think you will find that most published bibles allow the quoting of small sections of them. Naturally, if someone started copying whole books it could impact on sales but they do usually insist on quoting the source. I use the online bibles as a rule that comply with these requirements.

I hope that puts paid to your gagging efforts.
Key word there is most, i`m sure the mods will be none too keen on going through your posts to check which ones are copyrighted and which aren`t.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..