Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2013, 08:58   #346

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
It has got me baffled too.
When the gremlins get baffled we are on a winning streak. Lol
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2013, 09:00   #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Key word there is most, i`m sure the mods will be none too keen on going through your posts to check which ones are copyrighted and which aren`t.
Perhaps you ought to change your handle from gpick to nitpick.
Stevie R likes this.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:07   #348
Senior Member+

Not nitpicking, quote from the site rules -
Copyrighted Material
Posting copyrighted material is not allowed and by doing so you run the risk of legal action from the owner of such material.

And I do believe it is the site that will be in trouble. not you.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:08   #349
Senior Member+

Prefer Stephen King novels myself to other fiction publications like the bible
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:08   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Just popped in again for a chat and to catch up with things on this thread. Recapping some of the comments made by K99 he sounds quite threatening at times. I think he might have a bit of a nasty streak in him, which isn't very Christian. Still hasn't answered so many questions put to him.
Not a very good debater - doesn't seem to have an original thought in his noggin'. Comes across as completely bonkers.
He seems to think that he is having a good time at our expense - silly man, he doesn't realise the shoes on the other foot.

Btw, I extended myself today and actually did some baking - thought I'd make something with nuts in it but then decided I'd had enough of nuts for a while - well one in particular.
I have been known to be blunt dotti. I wouldn't make a very good Google Page Ranking man but my job is to quote the word and not MY opinions. Nuts do tend to get under the teeth of us older members so I will give your baking a miss today.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:14   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
TLABDNR.

Whose question does this answer? Can we please have it translated into the English that we understand?
Unfortunately, where there are multiple quotes, this forum truncates all but the last quote. You will have to address your complaints to the web master.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:22   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
There are a couple of problems you don't understand if for example you put **** the sites software will change it to ****
So did B the effing G put the stars in or did the software put the stars in?
Now you can yet again be a weepy little boy and either BG or else the software will be banned.

If it's BG, wellll, no real harm done. No great loss.

If it's the software that's banned, then congratulations another site you've closed down.

Why not do yourself a favour go before you get upset?
Hi Less.

Feeling a bit under the weather today are we? I have been trying to puzzle out the meaning of that term that seems to crop up regularly. I thought it was an abbreviation of "Boeing Guy" but perhaps it means something else. The moderators are complaining about the use of asterisks so you above all others ought to watch out in their usage.

Last edited by K99WARD; 12-11-2013 at 09:25.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:26   #353

K99 - Here's my view on religion for what it's worth. Long ago, at a time when the poorer people, the peasants as it were, were not given the opportunity of education, they were forced to be God-fearing out of ignorance and too frightened to question what was being thrust upon them. Simple-minded people, they were fed stories to make them believe, and they were too scared to do otherwise.
Those that dared question suffered dreadfully, were tortured, or were put to death. All in the name of religion. Powerful men prospered, they changed religion to suit their purposes - over and over again. Nothing to do with a God of any denomination, or even a belief in one, but for their own selfish reasons.
Wars were fought (and still are being) all in the name of religion.
How can a so-called educated man such as yourself believe all the codswallop that has been fed to you, without questioning it. The quotes that you are so fond of spouting have been handed down from the time when men made things up as they went along.
Yes, folk were simple-minded long ago through lack of education – methinks there are a few simple-minded, albeit educated, people still around today.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:29   #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Why, your going to tell tales?
Why dont you answer JCB's, mine or anyone elses questions.
Maybe you have mental issues?
Yes I think so.
Hi B'G,

Last time I went to the doctor he pronounced me 100% fit (to drop). Lol
Old 12-11-2013, 09:43   #355
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
Unfortunately, where there are multiple quotes, this forum truncates all but the last quote. You will have to address your complaints to the web master.
Like many others before me, I have asked a question which you have dodged..side stepped yet again.
Your reticence in explainig what you mean, must mean that you do not know the answer.
Maybe you should seek guidance from your boss...and not the manual.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:55   #356
Senior Member+

Quote:
I have been known to be blunt...
Is that rhyming slang?
Old 12-11-2013, 10:20   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Like many others before me, I have asked a question which you have dodged..side stepped yet again.
Your reticence in explainig what you mean, must mean that you do not know the answer.
Maybe you should seek guidance from your boss...and not the manual.
Unfortunately Margaret it is 50 on to 1 which I don't particularly mind but when posts stretch several pages back they tend to get missed. If I were you and hadn't been answered for a couple of days I would repeat my question.

Matt 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows, 17 And saying , We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced ; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented . 18 For John came neither eating nor drinking , and they say , He hath a devil. 19 The Son of man came eating and drinking , and they say , Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:24   #358
Senior Member+

Here you go, a repeat of my questions in case you missed them.
If getting into heaven doesn`t require you to be good, but to spread the word of god -

1. What`s the point of having 10 commandments
2. Does that mean any child the dies has no chance of going to heaven because they haven`t lived long enough to spread the word of god.
3. Does anyone who has never learned to read or has never owned a bible has no chance either.
4. Will all gods paedophile church ministers be welcomed with open arms.
5. Why is there no mention of Kangaroos in the bible.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:42   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
K99 - Here's my view on religion for what it's worth. Long ago, at a time when the poorer people, the peasants as it were, were not given the opportunity of education, they were forced to be God-fearing out of ignorance and too frightened to question what was being thrust upon them. Simple-minded people, they were fed stories to make them believe, and they were too scared to do otherwise.
Those that dared question suffered dreadfully, were tortured, or were put to death. All in the name of religion. Powerful men prospered, they changed religion to suit their purposes - over and over again. Nothing to do with a God of any denomination, or even a belief in one, but for their own selfish reasons.
Wars were fought (and still are being) all in the name of religion.
How can a so-called educated man such as yourself believe all the codswallop that has been fed to you, without questioning it. The quotes that you are so fond of spouting have been handed down from the time when men made things up as they went along.
Yes, folk were simple-minded long ago through lack of education – methinks there are a few simple-minded, albeit educated, people still around today.

Hi dotti,

Now this IS a good question and deserves an answer. Maybe it won't be the answer you are expecting but an answer nevertheless.

I doubt if many have been God fearing because our God is a God of love—man fearing, yes. I believe that men do set themselves up to rule over others. If any of you chaps or lasses do decide to give your lives to Christ in the future, I hope you will watch out for these men who substitute the precepts of men for the commandments of God. God sets a man free and in jump men to bind them hand and foot again. The bible has much to say about them but our Heavenly Father can protect you from the works of the devil; after all he is the ultimate enemy, not man. Your question shows a lack of understanding of the scriptures which are the power unto salvation. Those who cling to his word shall be safe from the works of the devil.

Ephesians 6:11-18
King James Version (KJV)
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Old 12-11-2013, 10:47   #360
Beacon of light

Quote:
Unfortunately Margaret it is 50 on to 1 which I don't particularly mind but when posts stretch several pages back they tend to get missed. If I were you and hadn't been answered for a couple of days I would repeat my question.

Matt 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows, 17 And saying , We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced ; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented . 18 For John came neither eating nor drinking , and they say , He hath a devil. 19 The Son of man came eating and drinking , and they say , Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
I'm very thankful not to be you. It seems you have a very narrow existence.

As for it being 50 on to 1....... What are you trying to say with that comment?
(That is an easy question and should not require a biblical quote from you).
If you are saying that we are hounding you or harassing you, then you have the solution at your fingertips.
It is you choosing to deluge us with your biblical quotes in an attempt(in your eyes, at least) to spread the word.
Despite many of us telling you that we do not want to hear the stuff you are spouting.....in fact you are bordering on being one of those 'T' things that frequent some forums.

Perhaps we are to blame for giving you the oxygen of interest......so from here in you will get NO responses from me to anything you post in this thread.
I know I have said this previously, but this time I will not be drawn.....and I would ask that other members of the forum treat you with similar contempt.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-11-2013 at 10:52.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..