Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2013, 17:23   #496
Senior Member+

Re: Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Really ... I've read it cover to cover because I love the beauty of the English language ... Piers Plowman, Canterbury Tales, Shakespeare, Marlowe, Jonson, Johnson, Milton, etc. ... and the guys who wrote the King James version of the Bible.
there is the language to to semi appreciate. It must've been hard to translate(and edited) to English from that abandoned form of abaric or what language it was originally in
Old 13-11-2013, 18:31   #497
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Oh but the songs.
"Jesus wants me for a sunbeam", "Kumbaya" & "What a friend we have in Jesus". Ripsnorting melodies of the Sally bash host!
Old 13-11-2013, 18:56   #498
JFT96

I prefer this song from the book of Genesis

Alan Varrechia likes this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Old 13-11-2013, 19:25   #499

It has come to my attention that some of you have been complaining to the moderator.

I would like to point out the following: -
1. If you don't like my opinions then don't ask for them.
2. If you object to my religious views then don't visit this thread after all it was dead before I came.
3. I don't mind you expressing opposing views if you wish but please remember the forum rules regarding courtesy when replying.
4. If I want any of my private information published I will do it myself I require no help from forum members.

You are not obliged to listen to me if you don't want to.

K99WARD
Old 13-11-2013, 19:28   #500

K99. Have had 2 cups of caffeine this morning before I went onto this forum today as I needed them before I ventured to read more of your tripe, which is very hard to swallow. Let's get a few facts straight.
Firstly, I am NOT your dotti - although they do say that familiarity breeds contempt, hmm! enough said.
Secondly, my mother never swore.
Thirdly, maybe you should have had sex lessons at the same time as you took bible ones.
Fourthly, I would never claim to have been found under a gooseberry bush, you silly man.
Fifthly, although I have gone back many generations with my family history I have yet to find any connection to Adam and Eve, or whoever came before. Nor do I particularly want to.
Sixthly, I do not try to make fancy wisecracks - have no need to use them.
and, last but not least, your last comment is crude and rude.

Btw, I have just checked the calendar to make sure it really isn't April 1st and that someone is trying to fool us....
Boeing Guy and susie123 like this.
Old 13-11-2013, 19:52   #501

Btw - my posting No. 500 was in reply to K99's No. 476. Should have said.
Old 13-11-2013, 19:56   #502
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
It has come to my attention that some of you have been complaining to the moderator.

About time too.
Though every time I reported you I did say I was going to, so it shouldn't be too much of a shock.

Quote:
Never have asked for it but have asked you not to give it.

Quote:
2. If you object to my religious views then don't visit this thread after all it was dead before I came.
I don't object to your views but I do object to you being so free with them.
Quote:
3. I don't mind you expressing opposing views if you wish but please remember the forum rules regarding courtesy when replying.
Could you do similar by not constantly threatening member's with being banned and that you are able to cock up the site.

Quote:
4. If I want any of my private information published I will do it myself I require no help from forum members.

K99WARD
So far as I know, no Private information has been published except for things you have voluntarily put out there on the web, It wasn't more than two days ago you were encouraging the use of Google now you seem to have changed your mind.

Quote:
I/We can look anywhere on site and give my/our views on any topic.

Now that you have vented your spleen, could I just point out that this IS NOT your website and ultimately no matter what published rules there may be, the final say is with the owner and the person that pays the bills.

So perhaps you should pull your red kneck in?
jaysay, Boeing Guy and gpick24 like this.

Last edited by Less; 13-11-2013 at 20:01.
Old 13-11-2013, 19:59   #503
JFT96

Quote:

K99WARD
hummmm
Right
1, I welcomed you to the forum and questioned your motives for being here.
I remember hoping you would not start with the preaching. post 25.
I have not asked for your opinion, I have asked specific questions and most on here have done the same. No one is interested in your slant on reality.
In fact we have all asked for you not to keep on preaching to us.

2, fair enough, But you yourself brought this thread back to life so you could preach the word of god to us. If I remember you used the word COMMANDED.

3, Please do not insult our intelligence, we have been quite happy on here for many years before you came on here to straighten us out. You have no right to stop me or anyone else posting anything they want, as long as it is within the rules. This not YOUR forum, it is not yours for your personal use and threatening to Ban members even boasting you have shut down other sites and had members banned is not cricket.

4, Play with fire, you will get your fingers burnt, I suggest if you want privacy, then you should be more careful what you put on the internet. Considering you are, according to your comments, very internet savvy I would have expected better.
Less and gpick24 like this.

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 13-11-2013 at 20:04.
Old 13-11-2013, 20:08   #504
JFT96

Quote:
K99WARD
And as for this........You are sounding like a spoilt child, not a mature adult who has been married for many many years.
I suggest you have a cup of hot chocolate and go to bed for a early night.

All this thinly veiled bitterness must be bad for your soul.

Old 13-11-2013, 20:40   #505
JCB

Quote:

K99WARD
I haven't complained to the moderator , but I am complaining to you because you persistently refuse to give your opinion to me when I ask you simple questions .

So I will try again .

Just to remind you this is what I asked .

You said : " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

Are the two separate statements you have just mentioned

1. We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel.
2. Nothing further is required of us. ?

If so which Bible are you using ?

Are you serious that Jesus commanded his followers just to tell the Gospel and made no other commands because nothing further is required of them ?
Old 13-11-2013, 20:54   #506
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
It has come to my attention that some of you have been complaining to the moderator.........
This moderator is getting tired of all the attention you have been getting as well as the hassle you are causing me. I want to sit here, drink vodka and watch TV at this time of night not deal with adults acting like children.

If you carry on posting in a disrespectful way to other members I will remove you so I can carry on with my usual chilled out life.

Chill out read some other posts and calm down is my advice.

To those that might think I should not be posting this in public - I don't care what you think.
Less, jaysay, Boeing Guy and 1 others like this.
Old 13-11-2013, 21:07   #507

Neil, I totally agree with your comments.
I have to admit I'm also finding it all a bit boring now as K99 is going round and round in circles like the proverbial dog chasing its tail. Although I am enjoying the comments of other members and have felt obliged to add mine from time-to-time, K99's comments are getting so repetitive that it is no longer amusing, even if it ever was.
Not even a 7-day's wonder.....
Old 13-11-2013, 21:40   #508
Senior Member+

red karma saying my post was gibberish. Guess you think the bible was written in english all along? hmm was it hebrew? who cares
Old 13-11-2013, 21:57   #509
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
red karma saying my post was gibberish. Guess you think the bible was written in english all along? hmm was it hebrew? who cares

You have to love Roy for karma but new users cant give red or green, You have to have so many posts, it explains on a thread somewhere if you search
Old 13-11-2013, 22:10   #510
Senior Member+

Re: Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You have to love Roy for karma but new users cant give red or green, You have to have so many posts, it explains on a thread somewhere if you search
Yes forgot about that. It's unsigned. So guess who

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..