Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2007, 22:24   #241
Resting in peace

Re: Are You Safe In His Taxi

Quote:
gondola. Perhaps Mr Jones would care to elaborate. Moreover, do such skeletons infer that there are other cases of reinstatement of licences when clearly the facts suggested a decision to the contrary would have been more appropriate
Well are there any other taxi drivers convicted of similar offences still plying their trade as taxi drivers if so lets name names sureley thats not libel if it's a fact. Answers would be very welcome, as my lady wife uses them in the early hours, I could then make alternative arrangements.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2007, 12:39   #242
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

anybody aware when this "review" / "meeting" takes place? maybe i missed summat.
Old 23-03-2007, 12:41   #243
Senior Member+

Observer Front Page & 2nd Page.

Result.

Power of AccyWeb.
Old 23-03-2007, 12:44   #244
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
anybody aware when this "review" / "meeting" takes place? maybe i missed summat.
Cashy you planning to gate crash it to be certain he looses it full stop?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 13:06   #245
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Cashy you planning to gate crash it to be certain he looses it full stop?
Cashy do anthing untoward??
Old 23-03-2007, 14:03   #246

I have requested that the Accrington Observer asks for information on taxi drivers that are licensed, despite a conviction of a sexual nature, from all East Lancashire Councils, under the freedom of information act: -

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...tory_id=224713

Suz x.
suzster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 14:09   #247
I am Banned

Nice one suz can u put your petition on here if people should wish to sign it for you??
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 14:13   #248
I am Banned

Blimey i just read some of the comments on there - quite strong views on both sides tho i feel that if you are in a postion of trust then u should be of law abiding standard!! This guy was found guilty by the law so there must of been strong evidence to suggest so despite that there are a few ridiculous defence comments
Old 23-03-2007, 14:25   #249

Hi AccyMel,

Maybe it's something the admins at Accyweb can set up and we can do a joint submission of the petitions to the Department for Transport (and maybe the Commons via Greg Pope/Jack Straw) on 1st July?

I'm certain that the Department for Transport would issue guidance if they were aware of this farcical situation.

Interestingly, and reassuringly, transport authorities (County Council's etc), who buy in the education transport taking children to schools using taxi's, INSIST that each taxi/private hire driver completes an additional CRB with them before letting them transport children! Is this because they don't trust the decisions of the taxi licensing authorities - you bet it is!!!!

Suz x.
Old 23-03-2007, 14:27   #250
I am Banned

True point Suz thought it would be easier as u cant click the web addy u put up, im sure a petition of this nature is ok to post the web addy
Old 23-03-2007, 14:36   #251

Hi AccyMel,

It may be best to start your own as it will save Accyweb members having to register on my site to sign the petition. I didn't want to switch on guest posting as it will devalue the petition as it would be open to flooding

At least his face will be plastered over the front page of my website until at least July - this isn't going away until the public receive some reassurance - on a County and then national basis!!

Suz x.

Last edited by suzster; 23-03-2007 at 14:42.
Old 23-03-2007, 14:37   #252
I am Banned

Okies Suz no problem i understand now
Old 23-03-2007, 15:19   #253
I am Banned

Quote:
That is not right. This man is sincere and honset, he did not even charge me the full fare because i didnt have the full money! I
lol anyone else thinking a certain kind of job woulda covered what she was short
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 15:36   #254
Resident Waffler

It's a pity we don't have a photo of the other guy so at least we could avoid him instead of everyone at CB suffering by being avoided.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 16:17   #255
I am Banned

Suzster,

The process to which your refer, for purposes of soliciting information, is not as straightforward as you suggest.

I attach a link for below for those not remotely expert on this issue. This serves as an overview, but in itself is not entirely comprehensive

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts2000/00036--a.htm#1
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote

« the sun today | tea »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..