Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2007, 16:20   #256
I am Banned

Re: Are You Safe In His Taxi

In the first instance I suggest, if i might, that readers refer this matter to the Member of Parliament for his consideration. Now he may suggest that it is not directly his remit to participate in this issue, however, in terms of elevating this matter to a broader stage, I think at the very least he ought to express his view.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2007, 16:28   #257
I am Banned

I rather cheerfully recommend that those Councillors on the Judicial Committee that reinstated the licence resign their postions on this Commitee, effective immediately. It is readily obvious to most constituents they represent that their judgement is at best flawed, possibly worse (I decline further commentary on this issue at this stage for fear of making an egregious remark).

The decision in itself was remarkable, but was made more deplorable by the fact that one Committee member was female (Councillor M.Haworth), and another member (Councillor A. Dad) is a representative on the Community Safety and Wellbeing Committee.

This is an absurd joke.
Old 23-03-2007, 16:57   #258

Hi Gondola,

Under the freedom of information act you will be able to request this information as it is absolutely in the public interest. The information released would be statistical rather than detailed, i.e. between 01/01/06 and 23/03/07 ** taxi drivers were licensed, despite having a conviction of a sexual nature.

The reason I belive that the information exists is that a local government officer would automatically refuse the initial licence application. It would then go to appeal, and the outcome would be decided by elected members. These meetings would be minuted.

Can a Councillor please confirm if this is an accurate assumption?

Suz x.
suzster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 19:00   #259
I am Banned

Suzster,

The information can readily be obtained in the format as set out below (this particular link is for the actual meeting at which the matter of Mr Altaf was dealt):

http://ww2.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/your_co...jud_report.pdf

Thus, it is not a task of herculean proportion to obtain the same for an extended period of time.
Old 23-03-2007, 19:14   #260
I am Banned

Suzster,

In relation to whether or not there are other cases of inappropriate reinstatements, Councillor Jones indicated that there exist 'other skeletons in the cupboard'. He has declined to elaborate, but i note that there has not been a denial from those that may have been responsible for such 'skeletons'.
Old 23-03-2007, 19:17   #261
I am Banned

amongst all this waffle has anyone named the other taxi firm yet ?

sory if it has been mentioned but theres only so much waffle i can read before my mind switches off

all i need to know is

perverts = bad thing

which firms are employing them = ?

if anyone can fill in the missing answer i as well as many women will be very greatfull

if the other firm has been mentioned then again i appologise but liek i sated earlier too much waffle and i switch off , infact if i read this very post agin i will probably switch off after line 4

thanx
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 19:22   #262
I am Banned

Chav,

Doubtless to say, you have chosen an appropriate username. It is rather fitting.

Whilst you may think that the issue is merely a case of naming and shaming specific drivers and firms, more enlightend readers realise that to get to the root of the problem the systematic procedures and the failure to implement them is what needs to be addressed.

Close the door on your way out.
Old 23-03-2007, 19:23   #263
I am Banned

The other Taxi firm in question is Adams private hire taxis, the other one is remanded in custody due to be tried at Preston crown court who worked for CB.

Subclause - the 2nd cabbie is now not working for adams private hire

Last edited by accymel; 23-03-2007 at 19:26.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 19:25   #264
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
The other Taxi firm in question is Adams private hire taxis, the other one is remanded in custody due to be tried at Preston crown court who worked for CB.

thanx for the info and the nice short answer
Old 23-03-2007, 19:26   #265
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
Chav,

Doubtless to say, you have chosen an appropriate username. It is rather fitting.

Whilst you may think that the issue is merely a case of naming and shaming specific drivers and firms, more enlightend readers realise that to get to the root of the problem the systematic procedures and the failure to implement them is what needs to be addressed.

hmmm

fu ck off
Old 23-03-2007, 19:27   #266
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
thanx for the info and the nice short answer
You welcome Chav straight to the point me
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 19:27   #267
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Chav,

I'd find your feet on the forum, I suggest, before you start making presumptions about other members of Accy Web. Chav1, as those of us that have met him, isn't actually a chav.

You'll find your time here much more rewarding if you don't prejudge people here, esecially from something as superfical as a person's user name.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 19:32   #268
I am Banned

Garinda,

I suspected from Chav's first post that as a child he had been the the beneficiary of indifferent education. His second post served to confirm the suspicion.
Old 23-03-2007, 19:36   #269
God Member

And I think you may find "Gondola" that we are from all different kinds of backgrounds and walks of life but come together on this forum and I for one enjoy the difference's we all have.....

and if you would care to go back to the beginning of this thread you will find that the question most people wanted to know was who was this "driver" working for and couldn't give a stuff about systematic procedures...the immediacy was to safeguard us!!!!

So get off your high horse won't ya

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 19:36   #270
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Garinda,

I suspected from Chav's first post that as a child he had been the the beneficiary of indifferent education. His second post served to confirm the suspicion.

...yeah, yeah, whatever.

Sad when people make silly assumptions about people.

Infact I'm begining to make them myself right now about someone.

Please try to keep on thread re: this topic, and try and keep the personal insults out of it.

Garinda. Accy Web's Asian Babe.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

« the sun today | tea »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..