Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2009, 18:41   #196
Give, give, give member

Re: brown just go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
I'll keep my gob shut in future then.
There's certainly no need to do that.

Just post whatever you actually mean.

If you do that, in this virtual world of a forum, people learn to trust what you say to be true, to you at least, even if they don't agree with you.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2009, 02:51   #197
God Member

Where has this recssion hurt?..everyday essentials and living standanters have dropped...for anyone that has lost their jobs and now rely on a fixed income their standard of living has taken a battering..but the Tories tell us that we have to make drastic cuts in Nationonal spending... cuts in the NHS.. cuts in benifits..cuts in defence.. and at the same time give extra cash to those earning over £800 per week! according to David Cameron in the future this country will be run like Tesco's and Asda.
Is it really that bad?..do we have to cut funds to child benifit and the NHS?.. the Tories will go forth with this policy because it is the only option for them...same old cut taxes for the rich and let it dribble down to the working man and women.. it is the only policy they have held since WW2.

Last edited by Mancie; 04-08-2009 at 02:54.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:35   #198
JFT96

out of interest Mancie, what do you consider Working Man or Woman? Is there a financial limit of pay per week, as you say over £800.00. or something more complex?

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:04   #199
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
out of interest Mancie, what do you consider Working Man or Woman? Is there a financial limit of pay per week, as you say over £800.00. or something more complex?
I consider a "working man or woman" as anyone who works for a living.. the wages we earn are a massive consideration ... there are people earning £800 a week and it makes me wonder if this credit crunch is real.. I do not accept that any household with an income of £600-800 a week are feeling hardship in this credit crunch.. but the Tories say they are.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:12   #200
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I consider a "working man or woman" as anyone who works for a living.. the wages we earn are a massive consideration ... there are people earning £800 a week and it makes me wonder if this credit crunch is real.. I do not accept that any household with an income of £600-800 a week are feeling hardship in this credit crunch.. but the Tories say they are.
Mancie my friend you really are a dinosaur
Old 04-08-2009, 17:23   #201
Full Member+

Point taken.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 17:55   #202
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Point taken.
It's only one point, not necessarily the right one.

Good to have your point of view on here though, so have some welcome karma for giving it.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:23   #203
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Where has this recssion hurt?..everyday essentials and living standanters have dropped...for anyone that has lost their jobs and now rely on a fixed income their standard of living has taken a battering..but the Tories tell us that we have to make drastic cuts in Nationonal spending... cuts in the NHS.. cuts in benifits..cuts in defence.. and at the same time give extra cash to those earning over £800 per week! according to David Cameron in the future this country will be run like Tesco's and Asda.
Is it really that bad?..do we have to cut funds to child benifit and the NHS?.. the Tories will go forth with this policy because it is the only option for them...same old cut taxes for the rich and let it dribble down to the working man and women.. it is the only policy they have held since WW2.
Unemployment heading for over 3million, with analysts predicting we could reach 4million and people having their homes repossessed is hurting. Cuts are needed, we have talk of our debt reaching £2.3trillion. I know enormous figures like that just look like a statistic, but it's real money! How else are we going to pay it back? We can't just keep borrowing.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:11   #204
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
How else are we going to pay it back? We can't just keep borrowing.
You could do as you did last time, sell off nationalised companies, and privatise everything.

Although you've really only got a nationalised health service left to do that with this time.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:56   #205
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You could do as you did last time, sell off nationalised companies, and privatise everything.

Although you've really only got a nationalised health service left to do that with this time.
And this Government has virtually done that
Old 05-08-2009, 14:26   #206
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
And this Government has virtually done that
I thought you'd posted you are always pleased with the level of service provided by the nationalised health service?

Old 05-08-2009, 15:56   #207
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I thought you'd posted you are always pleased with the level of service provided by the nationalised health service?
Happy with the service but not how its run, decisions should be made on clinical need not to satisfy whims of Government ministers and administrators obsessed with targets
Old 05-08-2009, 16:43   #208
God Member

Quote:
Mancie my friend you really are a dinosaur
Of course he's a dinosaur: He's a Makingecomicsenseasaurus. In a recession such as this, one has to spend to get out of it. The govts. of Canada and the US have pumped billions into the auto industry. Most of this will help the workers, not only in the auto manufacuring industry, but also in all those sectors which feed off it. Even the unions recognize the sense of this. And you don't cut programmes that help the poor and hand money in the form of tax breaks to those who already have too much. Under right wing govts., the amount of the national wealth available to the already wealthy increases; and the poor sods who have little get less. This inequity is at the root of many social problems. Trickle down economics doesn't work .... never has, never will. The rich do not take tax breaks and invest the money in the economy. They stash it away in places like the Cayman Islands. Labour didn't cause the ecomic problems the world has faced over the past little while. The problems were caused by right wing Republican/Tory businessmen who got too greedy, and who lined their pockets (legally and illegally). They didin't, and still don't, give a rats ass about the integrity of the national economy. And these creeps are tories to the max.

Our conservative govt. works well; but that is only because it is in a minority position. They do some of the right things, not because they really want to, but because the Liberals (a tad left of centre right now), and the New Democrats (Labour), and the Bloc Quebecois (if you can't figure them out, don't worry about it), are on their asses all the time. Stephen Harper behaves because he knows his job is on the line.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:43   #209
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
The govts. of Canada and the US have pumped billions into the auto industry. Most of this will help the workers, not only in the auto manufacuring industry, but also in all those sectors which feed off it. Even the unions recognize the sense of this. .
Yep, the 'trade in a clunker' program is working real well , be interesting to see 6 /9 months from now how many new cars are being repo'd because the poor saps can't make the payments , also interesting to see that over 60% of the new cars being bought under this new program are from overseas manufacturers hardly helping the UAW members on both sides of our common border (US-Can )
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:21   #210
God Member

Quote:
Happy with the service but not how its run, decisions should be made on clinical need not to satisfy whims of Government ministers and administrators obsessed with targets
your happy with the service ..but not how it's run?..and what do you reckon should be done abut a service you are happy with?..keep taking the gas Jaysay but it does seem to get you confused these days

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..