Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 22:56   #406
Give, give, give member

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I wouldn't mind them taking good quality known drugs like ecstacy, cannabis if the dealer knew they were pure. But not if they went into a night club buying and using all sorts of unknown drugs.
Well personally I think you're idiotic.

The biggest danger isn't the quality control of the drugs.

It's the fact that the body soon gets used to them, and you need to increase the dose, or move on to stronger drugs, in order to replicate the euphoria that resulted, the very first time they were taken.

As stated earlier, not every dope smoker goes on to be addicted to heroin.

However, every smack head doesn't start off on heroin.

They arrive at that deseperate situation via 'soft' drugs.

By encouraging a young relative, that it's ok to experiment with cannabis and ecstacy, you are playing Russian roulette.

You don't know if they are susceptible to addictive behaviour, and will be one of the many who do move on to harder drug addiction, and a lifetime of misery.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2012, 22:56   #407
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
If ? There is no way the dealer will be shifting pure stuff as it'll cut into his margins & added to that I'd go ballistic if I knew one of my kith & kin were using such crap.
Well I have done it myself so I am talking from that angle - maybe if I was in the position I would not allow it - unless i was in the position I can't really say for sure. If you know a dealer some have better quality than someone just met in a night club!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 23:01   #408
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Well personally I think you're idiotic.

The biggest danger isn't the quality control of the drugs.

It's the fact that the body soon gets used to them, and you need to increase the dose, or move on to stronger drugs, in order to replicate the euphoria that resulted, the very first time they were taken.

As stated earlier, not every dope smoker goes on to be addicted to heroin.

However, every smack head doesn't start off on heroin.

They arrive at that deseperate situation via 'soft' drugs.

By encouraging a young relative, that it's ok to experiment with cannabis and ecstacy, you are playing Russian roulette.

You don't know if they are susceptible to addictive behaviour, and will be one of the many who do move on to harder drug addiction, and a lifetime of misery.
I take it you've not taken any thing - as you refuse to clarify this.

Your arguments are what they used at school. I had heroine once in the 80's and I didn't like it so I didn't do it. At school they used that argument to try and put us off drugs but I have not been addicted to any drug except tobacco which I packed in nearly 3 years ago now!

I never moved to harder drugs. I think the argument saying - starting on softer drugs leads to hard drugs is idiotic - just like anyone can get in a car and knock someone over or have an accident, being used to stop someone driving.

Last edited by kestrelx; 03-02-2012 at 23:04.
Old 03-02-2012, 23:03   #409
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Well I have done it myself so I am talking from that angle
Think very carefully about what you're saying Fella, by your above statement are you inferring you've sold drugs on to others ?
Old 03-02-2012, 23:03   #410
Give, give, give member

Quote:
If ? There is no way the dealer will be shifting pure stuff as it'll cut into his margins & added to that I'd go ballistic if I knew one of my kith & kin were using such crap. Mate, your moral compass is way out of kilter.
Don't worry.

He's a lost cause.

He really doesn't understand the basic reason that young people first take drugs.

It's to get high, off their face, out of it.

Soon the drugs that they first took no longer produce the same feeling.

That's when higher doses, or stronger drugs are sought, to replicate the inital reaction they had when they first took them.

That's the biggest danger.

Not if they were clinically produced in some clean laboratory, as opposed to some skanky flat.

Old 03-02-2012, 23:08   #411
Senior Member+

Quote:
Think very carefully about what you're saying Fella, by your above statement are you inferring you've sold drugs on to others ?
Don't talk down to me fella, I can't be bothered with this argument it's a waste of time - nothing changes. My statment is clear - most people who take drugs regularly have a dealer who is reliable, ok they can't always be sure - but still they trust one person they use on a regular basis! That is all that I am saying as opposed to walking down the street and buying off anyone you meet at random. That is all I am saying.
Old 03-02-2012, 23:08   #412
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I take it you've not taken any thing - as you refuse to clarify this.

Your arguments are what they used at school. I had heroine once in the 80's and I didn't like it so I didn't do it. At school they used that argument to try and put us off drugs but I have not been addicted to any drug except tobacco which I packed in nearly 3 years ago now!

I never moved to harder drugs. I think the argument saying - starting on softer drugs leads to hard drugs is idiotic - just like anyone can get in a car and knock someone over or have an accident, being used to stop someone driving.
The absolute crap you're coming out with, is having the exact opposite effect, if you're trying to convince people that recreational drugs should be legalised.

If you're the poster boy, for the legalise drugs campaign, the cause is lost.

Old 03-02-2012, 23:09   #413
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Theres no danger at all,when yer addled to start wi.
Old 03-02-2012, 23:10   #414
Senior Member+

Quote:
Don't worry.

He's a lost cause.

He really doesn't understand the basic reason that young people first take drugs.

It's to get high, off their face, out of it.

Soon the drugs that they first took no longer produce the same feeling.

That's when higher doses, or stronger drugs are sought, to replicate the inital reaction they had when they first took them.

That's the biggest danger.

Not if they were clinically produced in some clean laboratory, as opposed to some skanky flat.
Ok you refuse to say if you've taken drugs or not, you are being coy, something tells me you have and are playing it down.

Course I know why kids take drugs! And it doesn't always lead to stronger doses.
Old 03-02-2012, 23:10   #415
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I personally don't really care what people choose to do to themselves, we all make our own choices in this life. But to actively encourage & assist someone else to do something that will be harmful & dangerous just beggars belief.
Old 03-02-2012, 23:12   #416
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Don't talk down to me fella, I can't be bothered with this argument it's a waste of time - nothing changes. My statment is clear - most people who take drugs regularly have a dealer who is reliable, ok they can't always be sure - but still they trust one person they use on a regular basis! That is all that I am saying as opposed to walking down the street and buying off anyone you meet at random. That is all I am saying.
What crud.

Still if you feel unable to carry on your campaign, so be it.

Sleep well.

Whoops.

Silly me.

You can't.

There's those scarily flashing traffic lights outside in the street, intent on keeping you awake all night.

Old 03-02-2012, 23:13   #417
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I personally don't really care what people choose to do to themselves, we all make our own choices in this life. But to actively encourage & assist someone else to do something that will be harmful & dangerous just beggars belief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Theres no danger at all,when yer addled to start wi.
I rest my case.
Old 03-02-2012, 23:16   #418
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Don't talk down to me fella
I'm not talking down to you, but by your own words "Well I have done it myself so I am talking from that angle" it comes across as though you've dealt in these substances & sold them to others.

Last edited by Neil; 04-02-2012 at 15:25. Reason: fix quote
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 23:21   #419
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I can't be bothered with this argument it's a waste of time
Then why create a thread about it, and keep posting in it, to keep it active?

Can you not remember starting it?

Old 03-02-2012, 23:25   #420
Senior Member+

Quote:
What crud.

Still if you feel unable to carry on your campaign, so be it.

Sleep well.

Whoops.

Silly me.

You can't.

There's those scarily flashing traffic lights outside in the street, intent on keeping you awake all night.

You are talking rubbish! From your attitude I do not wish to talk to you again - I know you game and your little gang! Your not about reason you just about undermining decent discussion - you talk out your back side and I will not engage with you again! You muppet!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..