Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2011, 18:43   #316
Resting in Peace

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Here's one for you Jaysay...

Something like this happen on magic mushrooms...

Na you carry on floating in your clouded dream world
Old 15-06-2011, 17:16   #317
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Na you carry on floating in your clouded dream world
It was a good laugh - no regrets at all.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 17:36   #318
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It was a good laugh - no regrets at all.
not yet
Old 15-06-2011, 19:07   #319
Give, give, give member

Quote:
It's for the same reason people go on fairground rides but more extreme - you ever been on fairground rides Jaysay? Why bother doing that for a thrill then! Again the issue of the drugs that people take they all have different effects and people take them for different reasons/results!
I've never met anyone reduced to selling their body for a tenner, to fund their waltzer habit.

Met plenty who do it to feed their addiction to drugs.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 09:00   #320
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I've never met anyone reduced to selling their body for a tenner, to fund their waltzer habit.

Maybe the both are linked G. with both you end up spinning round out of control especially with the second
Old 02-02-2012, 22:28   #321
Senior Member+

Quote:

Ha ha what about addictions to gambling! Prostitutes and so on!

People get addicted to many things for many reasons - every main street in London seems to have a bookies - arn't they encouraging addiction to gambling?
Old 02-02-2012, 22:31   #322
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
not yet
I don't think I'll ever have any regrets about drugs!!!

New research from top Medical College says Ecstasy does not caused permanant brain damage!

Ecstasy does not wreck the mind, study claims | Society | The Observer

but it is infact impure drugs supplied by criminals that cause harm! I THINK IT'S TIME TO LEGALISE CANNABIS AND ECSTASY!
Old 02-02-2012, 23:03   #323
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Ha ha what about addictions to gambling! Prostitutes and so on!

People get addicted to many things for many reasons - every main street in London seems to have a bookies - arn't they encouraging addiction to gambling?
Perhaps there are, although all the ten quid a trick hookers I came across, were in that desperate situation in order to feed an addiction to illegal drugs.

You usually find those with a severe addiction to gambling resort to theft, and stealing.

Drug addicts usually haven't the energy, or mental capacity left to commit similar crimes.

All they can manage to do is drop 'em, and bend over.

Old 02-02-2012, 23:35   #324
Senior Member+

Quote:
Perhaps there are, although all the ten quid a trick hookers I came across, were in that desperate situation in order to feed an addiction to illegal drugs.

You usually find those with a severe addiction to gambling resort to theft, and stealing.

Drug addicts usually haven't the energy, or mental capacity left to commit similar crimes.

All they can manage to do is drop 'em, and bend over.
Illegal drugs meaning crack or heroine!? You are basically labelling evertthing the same. The issue is that more people die from Paracetomol O'D's than they ever have from ecstasy! Infact it has never been proved one person has died from ecstasy - people have died with multiple drugs in their system but it has not been proven they died of MDMA (ecstasy)! Also deaths from MDMA are always reported in controversial ways in order to encourage negative public opinion.

ha ha! there is a very nasty streak in some people on the Internet! Which is why I say "the internet is a dangerous thing - it makes idiots global!"

Last edited by kestrelx; 02-02-2012 at 23:39.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:58   #325
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Infact it has never been proved one person has died from ecstasy - people have died with multiple drugs in their system but it has not been proven they died of MDMA (ecstasy)! Also deaths from MDMA are always reported in controversial ways in order to encourage negative public opinion.
If, there is no proof of death from MDMA, then please explain how these non existent deaths get reported in controversial ways?

Quote:
ha ha! there is a very nasty streak in some people on the Internet! Which is why I say "the internet is a dangerous thing - it makes idiots global!"
Yes, I think we have proof of that particular pudding!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:25   #326
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by less View Post
yes, i think we have proof of that particular pudding!
Drugs?
Just say no!
(or you could end up like Kestrelx.)

Old 03-02-2012, 07:51   #327
Beacon of light

Knives are dangerous things too, but you wouldn't want a surgeon to remove your appendix using a spoon would you?
Something like the internet, is only as evil/dangerous as the mind of the person using it.

It is a tool, and when used as such it is very useful.....use it for something else and it can be dangerous.

As to addictions. Some people have addictive personalities.......sort out one addiction and they become addicted to something else. Once t hey know or realise that they have t his type of personality then they can exercise some kind of control over their lives.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:55   #328
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I don't think I'll ever have any regrets about drugs!!!

New research from top Medical College says Ecstasy does not caused permanant brain damage!

Ecstasy does not wreck the mind, study claims | Society | The Observer

but it is infact impure drugs supplied by criminals that cause harm! I THINK IT'S TIME TO LEGALISE CANNABIS AND ECSTASY!
Well this would obviously have no effect on you, as sadly the damage has already been done
Old 03-02-2012, 13:17   #329
God Member

If the government's own advisors are telling them that the war on drugs is not working, why aren't they listening?

If one of the country's most prominent businessmen tells the government that the war on drugs is not working, why aren't they listening?

From the Home Office's own figures the amounts seized last year are as follows: -

Class A
Heroin: 0.7 tonne
Cocain: 2.4 Tonnes
Crack Cocaine: 50Kg
Ecstacy: 357,000 doses
Methadone: 172,000 doses
Class B
Cannabis: 48.6 tonnes
Amphetamines: 0.7 tonne

Has anyone noticed a shortage of supply or an increase in prices on the streets?

Has anyone noticed a decrease in the numbers of users?

The amounts above represent a drop in the ocean compared with what is currently available to anyone, anywhere and at anytime.

The only true sucesses of the government's War On Drugs are in the creation of an obscenely wealthy, ruthless and powerful criminal elite and a criminalised and marginalised underclass of hopeless addicts.

Hurrah for HMG!

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 03-02-2012 at 13:20.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 13:28   #330
Beacon of light

They don't listen because, arrogantly, they think they know best.

A bit like the changes that are planned for the NHS. A group of doctors(those are the people who work within the NHS, so should know something about it) tell the government that the plans for the latest reforms will irreparably damage the NHS......the government(who know nothing of the NHS except the politicall imposed targets and the need to save money at all costs)arrogantly decide that they know what is best for us.......despite these changes being not only ungainly, a nightmare and unworkable, but less cost effective too.

As you say ! HMG !
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..