Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2011, 18:11   #301
Senior Member+

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
What are you on
The Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Educate your children well, and tell them it is better to be a monkey than a sheep(that is....don't follow the herd......think and act for yourself, not because your crowd want you to do what they are doing).
I do hope that makes sense.
Makes total sense, I see plenty of sheep daily. Eigh Jay.
Old 16-05-2011, 18:12   #302
Resting in Peace

Quote:
John, I'm not on anything other than leaf tea...strong, hot and sweet(just how I like my men......that'll get Mancie at it )and an occasional biscuit!
I have enough stuff in my life to keep me high.

And Yes, I do know your question wasn't directed at me...but I couldn't help it!
Phew, ya had me worried there thought I hadn't mis quoted
Old 16-05-2011, 18:53   #303
Beacon of light

I just had to do it John.
I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't 'bother' with women.
I like a laugh, but don't need alcohol to make things funny.......I have never smoked, and my dad died of lung cancer...not something I would want my worst enemy to go through.......and I have been hitched fo nearly 45 years.
It sounds boring, but it isn't...not in the least!
I'm just off now to see if I have enough Brasso to polish my halo
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 18:54   #304
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I just had to do it John.
I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't 'bother' with women.
I like a laugh, but don't need alcohol to make things funny.......I have never smoked, and my dad died of lung cancer...not something I would want my worst enemy to go through.......and I have been hitched fo nearly 45 years.
It sounds boring, but it isn't...not in the least!
I'm just off now to see if I have enough Brasso to polish my halo
Didn't know ya used Brasso on Gold Margaret
Old 16-05-2011, 18:56   #305
Beacon of light

You can do...it brings it up a treat....don't tell me they've given me one of those cheap halos........the blighters!
Old 16-05-2011, 18:58   #306
Beacon of light

John...just been told it's because of the cutbacks........I blame 13 years of misrule
Old 17-05-2011, 08:58   #307
Resting in Peace

Quote:
John...just been told it's because of the cutbacks........I blame 13 years of misrule
I would back that to the hilt Margaret, even JC is hard up these days because of TB and GB the GB should be GBH because it was Grievous Bodily harm of the countries finances
Old 17-05-2011, 17:46   #308
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Check out these video's...

a TV producer takes psilocybin (chemical from Magic Mushrooms) in a laboratory with Doctor Nutt the Doctor who said Extacy is less harmful than booze and fags!

Enjoy!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 10:15   #309
Senior Member+

Quote:
What I've never been able to understand is why people want to take any substance just for a cheap thrill, its bad enough when you have to take prescribed drugs just to keep you alive, never mind unnecessarily damaging it with weird and wonderful potions just for kicks, its just totally beyond me, especially when we quite often see the devastating effects it has on families
It's for the same reason people go on fairground rides but more extreme - you ever been on fairground rides Jaysay? Why bother doing that for a thrill then! Again the issue of the drugs that people take they all have different effects and people take them for different reasons/results!
Old 20-05-2011, 10:19   #310
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
It's for the same reason people go on fairground rides but more extreme - you ever been on fairground rides Jaysay? Why bother doing that for a thrill then! Again the issue of the drugs that people take they all have different effects and people take them for different reasons/results!
Usually because there a numpty, and lead a very shallow life if they feel the need to push poison through their veins just for kicks, and no was never a fan of fairgrounds far better things to do with my time.
Old 20-05-2011, 12:23   #311
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I can understand the thrill of fairground rides, and I have done that at times, but I don't think fairground rides are addictive....some of them might be a tad dangerous, but they are regulated(in that they have to comply with HSE regs)....they are unlikely to have a detrimental effect on the rest of your life or your exisiting family.......it is unlikely that you would rob from family, friends or strangers in order to get a fairground ride.....it is unlikely that you would recruit youngsters to get them hooked too, so that some fairground baron can manipulate their life.....No, I understand what you are saying, but the analogy you have used is not a very appropriate one.

People who take drugs do it to escape the mundanity of their lives, but there are other safer ways to do this.

Two people can take the same drug and it can have totally different results......we are all unique beings, and react to substances in different ways........drugs have long term effects, one of the more serious ones is death(because the unscrupulous drug dealers will 'cut' drugs with all kinds of harmful substances, just so that they can make loads of money...they don't care about your health...only you can do that).....some of the people that I have come into contact with don't die, but some of them wish they had, because the mental illness they suffer from is life destroying, without actually causing death.

I take no medications prescribed or otherwise.
If I am prescribed medication for anything, I make sure that I know and understand what I am taking, its benefits and its side effects.
There is only one person can safeguard your health and well being........that is YOU!
Old 20-05-2011, 18:07   #312
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I can understand the thrill of fairground rides, and I have done that at times, but I don't think fairground rides are addictive....some of them might be a tad dangerous, but they are regulated(in that they have to comply with HSE regs)....they are unlikely to have a detrimental effect on the rest of your life or your exisiting family.......it is unlikely that you would rob from family, friends or strangers in order to get a fairground ride.....it is unlikely that you would recruit youngsters to get them hooked too, so that some fairground baron can manipulate their life.....No, I understand what you are saying, but the analogy you have used is not a very appropriate one.

People who take drugs do it to escape the mundanity of their lives, but there are other safer ways to do this.

Two people can take the same drug and it can have totally different results......we are all unique beings, and react to substances in different ways........drugs have long term effects, one of the more serious ones is death(because the unscrupulous drug dealers will 'cut' drugs with all kinds of harmful substances, just so that they can make loads of money...they don't care about your health...only you can do that).....some of the people that I have come into contact with don't die, but some of them wish they had, because the mental illness they suffer from is life destroying, without actually causing death.

I take no medications prescribed or otherwise.
If I am prescribed medication for anything, I make sure that I know and understand what I am taking, its benefits and its side effects.
There is only one person can safeguard your health and well being........that is YOU!
In a nutshell Margaret
Old 20-05-2011, 19:02   #313
Beacon of light

Yeah, John....a coconut(couldn't get all that in the shell of a cob nut)
Old 14-06-2011, 10:58   #314
Senior Member+

Quote:
In a nutshell Margaret
Here's one for you Jaysay...

Something like this happen on magic mushrooms...

Old 14-06-2011, 11:26   #315
God Member

The 'rooms' in that video didn't look like the magic variety to me, but I suppose it is best not to make them readily identifiable

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..