Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2012, 08:58   #1741
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Take the telephone market. Could you imagine only having the choice of BT? There'd be no reason for them to improve their service, sort out your problems with haste or provide cheap internet access.
A few years ago, BT told it's shareholders, 'we can invest money in fibre optic cables and improve the system or we can pay your bonuses, we can't do both', guess who voted to get their bonuses?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2012, 23:35   #1742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
A few years ago, BT told it's shareholders, 'we can invest money in fibre optic cables and improve the system or we can pay your bonuses, we can't do both', guess who voted to get their bonuses?
Wonder why the pavement was dug up and why I've had a BT fibre optic post outside my house for over a couple of years.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 00:08   #1743
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I was always under impression that council houses were fer folk who couldn't afford a mortgage? on that basis it was folly to flog em off cheap.
I agree it was and is a big mistake
Old 25-08-2012, 00:16   #1744
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
Wonder why the pavement was dug up and why I've had a BT fibre optic post outside my house for over a couple of years.
But where is the money coming from for the fibre upgrade, BT or the government?
Old 25-08-2012, 00:38   #1745

To be honest I don't care who pays for it. My broadband is slower than dial up and 3G, according to BT website the exchange at Great Harwood which is my nearest exchange living in Rishton are not getting it anytime soon.

I wouldn't mind if the street I live in was cabled, but it isn't, but it doesn't stop me getting bombarded with Virgin Media leaflets every week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 02:49   #1746
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
BT have been laying plenty of fibre optic cables. They're spending £2.5 billion on it.
Old 25-08-2012, 07:05   #1747
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
BT have been laying plenty of fibre optic cables. They're spending £2.5 billion on it.
They are now, yes.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 09:50   #1748
God Member

because they are getting subsidised to let their shareholders to keep getting a profit if thats not wasting money what is.while im on the sbjects of cock ups GCSE results: angry headteachers demand total re-mark of English papers | Education | The Observer
Old 26-08-2012, 10:03   #1749
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
because they are getting subsidised to let their shareholders to keep getting a profit if thats not wasting money what is.while im on the sbjects of cock ups GCSE results: angry headteachers demand total re-mark of English papers | Education | The Observer
On the subject of cock ups on your way to Berick are ya
Old 26-08-2012, 10:40   #1750
God Member

na telly for me today
Old 26-08-2012, 10:42   #1751
Resting in Peace

Quote:
na telly for me today
Fair weather supporter
Old 27-08-2012, 23:49   #1752
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't forget that she also put the government of the day in charge of the country instead of the Unions, she put lunatics like Scargill in their place, which was a plus for every body in the country
And that somehow makes up for the destruction of viable, productive industries and communities in this country?..for me that is a disgusting attitude and just goes to show the hell bent ideology you and most tories adhere to.

Last edited by Mancie; 27-08-2012 at 23:52.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 19:32   #1753
God Member

it destroyed hundreds of years of social cohesion of which we are seeing the consequences now .full communities conscribed to the scrapheap crumbling hospitals and schools enough money and infrastructure lost so labour had to spend money and keep pumping money into the economy now the tories are doing the same again and we will reap more consequences
Old 29-08-2012, 20:45   #1754
Resting in Peace

Quote:
it destroyed hundreds of years of social cohesion of which we are seeing the consequences now .full communities conscribed to the scrapheap crumbling hospitals and schools enough money and infrastructure lost so labour had to spend money and keep pumping money into the economy now the tories are doing the same again and we will reap more consequences
Have you moved to Glasgow now. Shame It was OK when I worked there.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 22:09   #1755
God Member

Mind you the once liberals talk rubbish and are so weak they'd fall down without a tory backbone..

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/0...RE87S017201208

I'm not a fan of rinsing the rich for tax and this makes Clegg and the liberals look like the idiots they are.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..