Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 22:34   #451
Resting In Peace

Re: Accy Old Photo's - John Kelly's Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAZ1975 View Post
my gt gt grandmother was eliza creasey , isaac's sister
Chaz I think you are my third cousin once removed!

I have photos of Isaac and his mother etc. They need scanning but if you would like a copy pm me with your email address and I'll see what I can do...
Old 04-10-2012, 19:47   #452
Junior Member+

Looks like off King Street near old abbatoirs. Hitchen and Sons in Background was on Hyndburn Road near Macpelah graveyard
les stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 20:57   #453
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by les stewart View Post
Looks like off King Street near old abbatoirs. Hitchen and Sons in Background was on Hyndburn Road near Macpelah graveyard
If yeh mean the gun on previous page les, its Ellisons Tenement,were the fair used to come,
Old 05-10-2012, 01:25   #454
Senior Member+

The gate in the background was the entrance to the old gas works maintenance yard and Accrington water board yard. Spent the whole of my apprenticeship working out of there. Great photo.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 15:37   #455

I started the family tree about 5 years ago, and it is so addictive.
Penny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 17:08   #456
Senior Member+

Penny1 -= what a great name. I bet one penny, or maybe a quid you make many more postings. In fact I'll bank on it and check on it later in the fiscal year. Names like yours are heaven cent for people like me. Euronly just starting your Accyweb career - bienvenue as we say in Accrington
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 17:08   #457

Hi, can I use one of the map images for my (non-commercial) community website about Accrington please?
davoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 20:42   #458
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davoc View Post
Hi, can I use one of the map images for my (non-commercial) community website about Accrington please?
I see no reason why not, Davoc. It would be expected that you state where you found the map.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 09:57   #459

Wonder if anyone has a picture of The Spread Eagle original interior?
TA
Old 25-07-2016, 17:45   #460
Junior Member+

trying to trace if any photos of Highams pantomime 1953-1955
blunderedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 14:53   #461
Junior Member+

Tried to open folder to see pictures but unfortunately getting internal error each time. Hope you can manage to sort this out as I have found photos I can view very interesting. Please keep up the good work I am new to this site and only found it by accident. I was brought up in Accy in the 1950s in Plantation Street. went to St Pauls School(Benjamin Hargreaves) then Woodnook. My Dad worked at Howard and Bulloughs and his grandparents lived in Cobden St from 1904 until their deaths in the 1940s.
Katybow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 19:43   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katybow View Post
Tried to open folder to see pictures but unfortunately getting internal error each time. Hope you can manage to sort this out as I have found photos I can view very interesting. Please keep up the good work I am new to this site and only found it by accident. I was brought up in Accy in the 1950s in Plantation Street. went to St Pauls School(Benjamin Hargreaves) then Woodnook. My Dad worked at Howard and Bulloughs and his grandparents lived in Cobden St from 1904 until their deaths in the 1940s.
Hi Katy, I too went to Woodnook from 1958 to 1963 and my sister was there from 1960 to 1965, what year's were you there ?
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 22:22   #463
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katybow View Post
Probably just a year or so ahead of you at St Paul's - left there for spring Hill in '49. We lived in the shop on Washington St, which my cousin took over - Essie's.
My father also worked at H & B, at that time I am sure he was foreman in the Ring Room before moving to the Tool Room where he became supervisor - Joe Yates.
People I can remember from around there are Barbara and Chris Firth, Kenny Entwhistle & a few other faces but no more names.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:26   #464
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Probably just a year or so ahead of you at St Paul's - left there for spring Hill in '49. We lived in the shop on Washington St, which my cousin took over - Essie's.
My father also worked at H & B, at that time I am sure he was foreman in the Ring Room before moving to the Tool Room where he became supervisor - Joe Yates.
People I can remember from around there are Barbara and Chris Firth, Kenny Entwhistle & a few other faces but no more names.
Barbara Firth is still on Washington Street and is a friend of ours
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:30   #465
Junior Member+

Does anyone have any photos of Cobden St please ? My great grandparents lived at no 29 Thanks Katybow
Katybow is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..