Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 20:23   #181
God Member

Exclamation Re: Looks like some bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
I have no objection to Mr Khan taking the club, but to allow the club to be run by a Committee is an absolute receipe for further disaster....IMO
Nobody at A.S.S.F. has ANY thoughts of running Stanley!!! Controlling stake, not running the club, 2 very different things.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-09-2009, 20:24   #182
God Member

Re: Looks like some bad news

Don owns 52% of a nominal 100k worth of shares. If we need to put in 300k then we need to create three times as many shares (minimum). So Dons share of the issue would be worth only a quarter of what it is now (13%) - as would everybody elses.

Do we need to discuss this on every page? If Ilyas used his money to bail out the club (52% Dons business) then what would be to stop him selling his 52% to someone else at a vastly inflated price as the company was now solvent? The 'company' would now be worth the share price of £400k and he could sell his 52% at market value and 'possibly' make a killing from his original purchase price (that nobody knows or needs to know).

Yes he deserves the chance to make a success of the club.

Yes many of the committee are fully behind his tenure

but no, he is not more important than Accrington Stanley and he has acknowledges so.

There is an offer on the table that is not to his liking because it is not in his best interests (only at face value) But it is in the best interests of Accrington Stanley and is funded by someone with the best interests of Accrington Stanley at heart and was delivered and sanctioned by 12 people with the best interests of Accrington Stanley at heart.

If anyone comes up with a better solution in the meantime then they have the backing of me, the ASSF, the OSC, the Ultras and ASFC.
Old 03-09-2009, 20:25   #183
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The way I understand it, it wouldn't be run by a committee - the ASSF would appoint its own directors who would work with the existing directors (including the D'on).
Further to this, I'm pretty sure the ASSF has already appointed a representative who has business acumen to sit on the board and attend meetings.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 20:30   #184

Wink Re: Looks like some bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Don owns 52% of a nominal 100k worth of shares. If we need to put in 300k then we need to create three times as many shares (minimum). So Dons share of the issue would be worth only a quarter of what it is now (13%) - as would everybody elses.

Do we need to discuss this on every page? If Ilyas used his money to bail out the club (52% Dons business) then what would be to stop him selling his 52% to someone else at a vastly inflated price as the company was now solvent? The 'company' would now be worth the share price of £400k and he could sell his 52% at market value and 'possibly' make a killing from his original purchase price (that nobody knows or needs to know).

but no, he is not more important than Accrington Stanley and he has acknowledges so.

There is an offer on the table that is not to his liking because it is not in his best interests (only at face value) But it is in the best interests of Accrington Stanley and is funded by someone with the best interests of Accrington Stanley at heart and was delivered and sanctioned by 12 people with the best interests of Accrington Stanley at heart.

If anyone comes up with a better solution in the meantime then they have the backing of me, the ASSF, the OSC, the Ultras and ASFC.

Sorry, but you can purchase 25% stake holding at what ever price you negogiate, ensuring the ASSF funds are used accordingly to pay-off the appropriate debt!
Old 03-09-2009, 20:31   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Nobody at A.S.S.F. has ANY thoughts of running Stanley!!! Controlling stake, not running the club, 2 very different things.

Same thing!
Old 03-09-2009, 20:33   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

I think you are getting confused here!....share price (face value) and market value are two totally seperate entities!
Old 03-09-2009, 20:33   #187
Senior Member+

Quote:
Same thing!
No its not, a controlling share means that they ultimately dont need to have a board decision on any issue.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 20:35   #188
God Member

whether it is or isn't Redskin doesn't matter. Ilyas will only bail the club out subject to that condition. And until ASSF gets its own funds rolling we have to work within those parameters.
Old 03-09-2009, 20:37   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
No its not, a controlling share means that they ultimately dont need to have a board decision on any issue.

Exactly!!!!!!...they own 50%, therefore control the club!!!!...which was my original point!
Old 03-09-2009, 20:42   #190

Here's hoping a Large Multi-National comes in and sponsors the ground for 300k, problem solved!!!......Sky, Coke, EON, Ebay, ESPN....the possibilities are endless!!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 20:52   #191
Junior Member+

Quote:
Exactly!!!!!!...they own 50%, therefore control the club!!!!...which was my original point!
And that control has got us................where exactly?
Old 03-09-2009, 21:07   #192
God Member

I think the point that Nickelson was making Redskin was that if one man owns a controlling share he can, if he wishes, veto any decision and make his own decisions on how ASFC progresses. These decisions are sometimes good, and they are sometimes bad.

If ASSF had a controlling share it would, at worst, have 12 committee members voting on good or bad decisions, and at worst would have hundreds. It would also be more accomodating to individual professional opinions on things regardless of what we wanted. If the accountant says no to a wage rise to Kenny Arthur then that decision would have been made with the head rather than the heart.

The Don, or Eric, or anybody else may have made an emotional decision and paid the extra - as with Paul Mullin for example.
Old 03-09-2009, 21:11   #193

Committee's organise Coffee Mornings!.............LMAO
Old 03-09-2009, 21:16   #194
God Member

Quote:
Committee's organise Coffee Mornings!.............LMAO
Very helpfull, now go away and come back when you have something of value to add

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 21:26   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Very helpfull, now go away and come back when you have something of value to add

Still wearing ya Rose tinted glasses I see!.......well you lot put your money where your mouths are!......I own 5 "B" shares and paid 4k for them, Write me a cheque for 4k, payable to ASFC and they are yours, otherwise carry on planning ya coffee mornings!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..