Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2004, 21:20   #16

Re: Crap

i'm not saying that coleman should go now, but fans [ of every club ] are very fickle, lose a few games, and sack the manager. I for one have followed the Stanley for the past 14 yrs [ as eric will tell you ], where were the fans then ? half of them jumped on the bandwagon, when things started looking up. So anybody that tells me that i dont know what i'm talking about, WATCH OUT.
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2004, 22:19   #17

I have just witnessed the worst performance in the last twelve months. The chants for Lutel must come from the brain deads, he hasn't had a good game since before Christmas 2003!! Coleman is good at moaning to the officials, he would be better having a go at the shambles of a side he has created.
Old 31-10-2004, 06:52   #18

Leigh looked full of energy, they broke and looked dangerous, particularly in the second half. I thought their centre halfs were excellent, and the left back Roscoe would be a good buy, he looked solid and full of energy, something we need!

Robbie Williams was slated by both cook and flynn during the game. His confidence must be shattered but he was playing out of position.

You might find this funny, but has anybody watched "one flew over the cuckoos nest" ? If you have, there is a section of the film where actor Jack Nicholson is teaching the "nuts" to play Basketball and basically, it wasnt working. Paul Cook shouting at everyone today and telling them what to do, and complaining reminded me of that scene!!!

As we all know Rory is injured but we need width from somewhere, and Cooky running down the wing just isnt the answer! Bring nack Grimmy!

I hope Mr Coleman can get everyone motivated for Tuesday night and sort that left back position out (the 1st goal came from mis communication between cook and williams!)
Old 31-10-2004, 08:42   #19

Sorry to come on again fellas, but the comment about lack of fitness doesn't suprise me. Some time ago, I was passing yout training ground and saw your guys running around at break neck speed. Nothing wrong with that I hear you say?

Maybe not....BUT ON THE AFTERNOON OF A NIGHT GAME?

Could it be a case of being 'over trained' ? It does happen. The body needs time to rest.
Old 31-10-2004, 10:38   #20

Angry Re: Crap

Anyone who wants to keep the faith, blind or otherwise, good luck to you. It is now time for the chairman to think the previously unthinkable. The current management, in my opinion,have taken us as far as they can. We need a manager with a lot of Conference experience to take us on. One who won't play 4-5-1 against the likes of the mighty Leigh and rids the club of Cook, Flitcroft and, above all, Williams who aren't fit to play Unibond 1st division football!
Old 31-10-2004, 11:42   #21

I agree that it is perhaps time for a change in the management team as what expereince has coleman and bell got in management at this level, 12 months at stanley in the conferencance and also it could have gone stale and also a few of the squad have come through with stanley from the unibond. With regards changing the managment i know i few people who have been watching stanley for quite a few years would agree with me.
Old 31-10-2004, 11:42   #22

I am not going to critisise the players neither am i going to heap prais on them i believe that it will turn around!!! our luck has benn awfull so far this season but that will change I now firmly believe that the 4-5-1 formation is not right. but that is what coleman thinks is best for the club and he is doing his best to help the club why would he suddenly turn against the club
Old 31-10-2004, 11:56   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishton
I agree that it is perhaps time for a change in the management team as what expereince has coleman and bell got in management at this level, 12 months at stanley in the conferencance and also it could have gone stale and also a few of the squad have come through with stanley from the unibond. With regards changing the managment i know i few people who have been watching stanley for quite a few years would agree with me.
What a load of crap
Old 31-10-2004, 12:07   #24
Full Member+

Well, that was an abismal performance by Stanley. No way we had 90% possession. Leigh said in the Observer that they had nothing to fear and they were right. Two soft goals......never. They were well taken and one was a penalty, so it could`nt be soft. Fair play to the bloke with the bandaged head, I winced every time he made a header, but he had passion and committment for a win. Only Jonathan Smith looked anything like a player with a bit of fire.
With most of the players returning from the previous season, the problem seems to lie with
A The manager and his tactics
B Cooky and his training
Can`t wait to read Cav`s coloumn in next weeks Observer to see how all the lads are dissapointed with the result.
Old 31-10-2004, 12:13   #25
Senior Member+

How about getting behind the team and stop bloody slagging them off...

I'm sure some of you on here don't support this club, I heard some idiots in the crowd yesterdat calling for Coley's head and that is a load of RUBBISH, like some of you on here are doing the same.

If you dont think that Coley and Jimmy can take us any further then keep it to yourselves because its not appreciated by real supporters who have every faith in the management team and believe they can take us all the way.
Old 31-10-2004, 12:23   #26
Full Member+

Been behind the team since 1977,seen some real rubbish defeats and still turn up every week. Hav`nt asked for anyones head, but this is a forum for peoples opinions however much yuo disagree with them. Maybe the last two years success has heightened expectations too much, but really and truthfully yesterday I thought we were bloody rubbish.
Oh and as I was leaving I overheard some young lads chatting. They had been to the last couple of matches, not seen a win and wer`nt going to bother coming again.....that potential fans and revenue lost and difficult to entice back. They`ll probably go off to watch Rovers!!!
Old 31-10-2004, 12:26   #27
Senior Member+

Sorry Mick wasn't on about you...

I was refering to other above postings
Old 31-10-2004, 12:28   #28
Full Member+

Fair enough mate... have a big manly hug!!
Old 31-10-2004, 13:07   #29
Resting In Peace

The system we are playing is just not working. We haven't scored for three games and don't look like scoring again on yesterday's performance. I think the influence Paul Cook has is having a negative effect. Crainey was through on goal yesterday but Cooky was screaming for the ball, Crainey thought better of shooting and passed it to Cook who messed it up. In pre-season friendlies and at the start of the season Crainey was shooting on sight, a real breath of fresh air, now he doesn't. Why ? Is it the change of style ? I think it is time to bring in new faces and face up to the truth that half the team are not good enough to play at this level. Some of you seem to think that "it will be alright" IT WON'T. Time for you all to get realistic and see what is happening. WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Where are the goals going to come from. Did we have a shot on target yesterday ? The performance was a disgrace. The players should be ashamed of themselves. No cup run this year. No live television. No cup income, and probably NO ROOF. Stop kidding yourselves and defending the performances.
Old 31-10-2004, 13:11   #30

now now denise john isnt that bad, a few results going against him give him at least to the end of the season and then make your decision
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..