Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2017, 18:24   #46
God Member

Re: Pompey Thread

It's probably in the terms of their loan agreements that they play as much as possible in their time here but know where you're coming from
Chrisr likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2017, 19:33   #47
God Member

[QUOTE=pidge;1187237]Lose an blame S.M is the norm on here so there's no surprise there....

Pidge, ever thought to wonder why it is, in your words, the norm?

No-one before used the word 'blame' (although I'm expecting Davo to roll out 'haters' at any moment), we were expressing opinions.
Yours seems to place the 'blame' (your word again) on whoever brought in the loan players.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 19:36   #48
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
If I was a betting man I would expect only two changes. Pearson for Rodgers and Boco for Edwards. They both drop to bench with Shaw Sykes and Davies left in the stand and Brown on the bench.
Not my choice I hasten to add but trying to second guess the Manager.

How can you drop Rodgers? He has been our best player the last 3/4 games - and he has been at right back, and he's a centre half!!
Chrisr likes this.
fat stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 19:57   #49
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Are you quite sure about that? Apart from a goalmouth scramble, we never looked like scoring. The stats say we had 1 shot on target - that may have been part of the scramble.

I travelled back as far as Southampton with some Pompey fans. They were mystified at the failure to substitute McConville and Billy Kee who seemed to spend more time on his backside than on his feet.
I am simply judging by what people have suggested, Including Coleman. Although he said we were poor and did not perform. as well as we should have. We did have a couple of chances to equalise. I was not there and the TV coverage was only the goals. Kal Naismith simply run into the box and scored. That should never have happened. Most of my enthusiasm was brought on by the performance against Nottingham. I was impressed with don in the forward right wing position and the two loan players Rogers and Edwards along with the lad from Crystal Palace. showed great spirit and a good class of football. I was hoping for a repeat this week. There is a lot to contemplate for all fans. I think we can all agree that the managers need a serious plan. B They seem to be stuck in a rut with tactics and player selection. We need to get the mentality sorted out. Tuesday and Saturday are big decision games for the club.
monkey hanger and fat stanley like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 20:03   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat stanley View Post
How can you drop Rodgers? He has been our best player the last 3/4 games - and he has been at right back, and he's a centre half!!
He wasn't at his best on Saturday. Everyone has an off day, but I'd prefer to see Pearson back in the team.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 20:23   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
FA !...perhaps you'll agree with me when I say that the difference between the Shrimps and the Reds yesterday appeared to be the threat emanating from their left side midfield. As I saw it Kevin Ellison's desire to see the ball in the net was frightening, whilst little or nothing came from our left wing at all if reports are to be believed.
Ellison is not universally accepted at the Crown, but his example of sheer industry and effort displayed yesterday was one which our left side players (no names, no pack-drill !)could well use as an example of what is required in the cut and thrust of games at the foot of the entire Football League .

Am I also wrong in thinking that the Stanley seem to be a collection of reasonably good footballers who are, unfortunately, not a Football team ?.
That's was I was saying Yomon,they are playing Ellison more up front than left wing (although he drifts into that channel).
If you shake the pack up we might get a result.
Start with clean sheets,no nonsense defending and a bit more direct and play off the second ball.
There's a lot of good players in the squad,I am sure they could adapt
monkey hanger likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 20:24   #52
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
He wasn't at his best on Saturday. Everyone has an off day, but I'd prefer to see Pearson back in the team.
Yeah me too Pearson would start at right back every day for me, rodgers is the best centre half at the club imo he should start with Omar

Wasn't there yesterday got a hiding in ramsbottom on Friday night of this birds fella
Old 12-02-2017, 20:25   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
That's was I was saying Yomon,they are playing Ellison more up front than left wing (although he drifts into that channel).
If you shake the pack up we might get a result.
Start with clean sheets,no nonsense defending and a bit more direct and play off the second ball.
There's a lot of good players in the squad,I am sure they could adapt
I also think they could easily adapt, but they get NO CHANCE to do so. fact.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 12-02-2017, 20:37   #54
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I also think they could easily adapt, but they get NO CHANCE to do so. fact.
It's not a FACT though bwana is it, it's just an opinion rightly or wrongly
Old 12-02-2017, 20:55   #55
Senior Member+

Cashy,maybe 3-5-2 as we have three decent CBs,and attacking fullbacks who could easily push on as wing backs.
This would allow us to play two up front and three in the middle.
Worth a try,especially at home
Old 12-02-2017, 21:03   #56
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Cashy,maybe 3-5-2 as we have three decent CBs,and attacking fullbacks who could easily push on as wing backs.
This would allow us to play two up front and three in the middle.
Worth a try,especially at home
Who would you play in midfield 3 though?
Old 12-02-2017, 21:15   #57

3 in mid: Coneelly and Davies holding and Sean Mc pushing on.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 21:26   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Lose an blame S.M is the norm on here so there's no surprise there , the football league paper had him as 1 of are better performers yesterday. But my question is this we had 5 loan players in the starting 11 yesterday that's nearly half the team , now for me 1 or 2 who will help you I don't mind but to have half your team made up of players who regardless of weather Accrington stay up or go down will return to there parent clubs an not be affected at al by the plight of our club really gets my back up. Also all the loans we have are 18 or 19 which made for a really inexperienced starting 11.
You really must read posts with care Pidge. Nowhere has anyone blamed SM for yesterday's defeat. But merely suggested that there maybe other squad members who might take his place with some success in these times of dire need !.
I also made the point that at this time the Reds appear to be a collection of reasonable footballers who are not really performing as a Football team !.
Your points about having a surfeit of young and inexperienced loan players in the team might be one of the reasons for this.
Whatever the cause, goals need to be scored and clean sheets kept by these players very soon .
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 21:30   #59
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
You really must read posts with care Pidge. Nowhere has anyone blamed SM for yesterday's defeat. But merely suggested that there maybe other squad members who might take his place with some success in these times of dire need !.
I also made the point that at this time the Reds appear to be a collection of reasonable footballers who are not really performing as a Football team !.
Your points about having a surfeit of young and inexperienced loan players in the team might be one of the reasons for this.
Whatever the cause, goals need to be scored and clean sheets kept by these players very soon .
We are lowest scorers in the division, our defence isn't a problem for me
Old 12-02-2017, 22:16   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
3 in mid: Coneelly and Davies holding and Sean Mc pushing on.
Not a bad call,although I would have tried Matty in midfield a while ago.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..