Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2012, 21:18   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Room 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
People who keep trotting out the same homilies over and over in the hope that one day someone will agree.
Oh yeh mean like councillors Ken. Even those i wouldn't put in 101.
Old 14-06-2012, 07:29   #77
God Member

Parents who don't make their kids stand up for elderly people on the bus...that really pee's me off....or people who assume the spare seat next to them on the bus/train is for their shopping, you've not got a chance of using it for your bags when i'm on public transport....fools
Old 14-06-2012, 07:40   #78
Resting in Peace

I have a disability bus pass so i tend to sit on the front seats the other sat there was a guy sat there with his bags on the seat next to him, the bus was full so it was stand or make him shift them .............i made him shift them ........he moaned all the way from town about having to put his bags on the floor, when i got off at the medical center i said right you can put your bags back on the seat the look he gave me hehe.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 07:41   #79
Resting in Peace

I hate people that stand chatting right outside a shop door your trying to get out of
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 08:59   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Whinging Wimmen !
Arn't all women like that
Old 14-06-2012, 09:02   #81
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Godbotherers who come a-knocking on your door at 9am on a Sunday morning or who approach you in the street...they always get an abusive mouthful from me.
I alleviated that problem Wyn I now have an intercom system so I can abuse GodBotherers without getting out of my chair
Old 14-06-2012, 16:08   #82
Resting In Peace

If we're allowed to include inanimate objects as well as people I should just like to add... vacuum cleaners with push fit plastic hoses and tools that come apart as you are using them. Guess what I've been doing this afternoon?

And don't tell me to get a Dyson - I couldn't live with something that ugly even if I could afford one.
Old 14-06-2012, 17:02   #83
Beacon of light

I can live with anything ugly as long as it does a good job(no fly comments please!)......you could always buy a reconditioned one.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 17:05   #84
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I can live with anything ugly as long as it does a good job(no fly comments please!)......you could always buy a reconditioned one.
No not even at a good price could I have something like that in my house - the moment I saw the first one, many years ago, I shuddered to think someone could design something so horrendous.
Old 14-06-2012, 17:09   #85
Beacon of light

Well, I have one......it seems to do a better job than many of the other brands I have used over the years........and my current one is quite a few years old.......so it has been cost effective, given that I got it half price. It is shut under the stairs when not in use...so I don't care if it is ugly.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 17:20   #86
God Member

I agree that purple and orange are not appealing colours for an appliance.
I bought a new Dyson recently which is ALL WHITE.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DC24_Drawing_side_extended_gallery.ashx.jpg (29.9 KB, 6 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 17:32   #87
God Member

Awww i love my Dyson, mine is purple and yellow, i'd be lost without it now, bought it off Accy flea market about 4/5 years ago, paid £25 (or maybe 20) for it, the only thing thats gone wrong on it in all the time i've had it has been the occasional belt, my own fault for hoovering up things i shouldn't....and it's still sucking just as good as it did when i first got it
Old 14-06-2012, 17:33   #88
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I agree that purple and orange are not appealing colours for an appliance.
I bought a new Dyson recently which is ALL WHITE.
It's not the colour so much Margaret - the first one that came out was grey and yellow, not too bad a combination. I can't put my finger on why I think they are so ugly, I just hate them irrationally I suppose. I really don't like being able to see all the muck they collect as well - sadly, an idea copied by many other manufacturers.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dc01_01.jpg (12.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 14-06-2012, 17:39   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Parents who don't make their kids stand up for elderly people on the bus...that really pee's me off....or people who assume the spare seat next to them on the bus/train is for their shopping, you've not got a chance of using it for your bags when i'm on public transport....fools
I think if the kid is young they should be sat down but then the parent should stand up

Recently I was in Florida and I gave my seat up for an older woman. She said You must be British an American would never do that. Having said that I had an England shirt on
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 17:48   #90
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoner40 View Post
I think if the kid is young they should be sat down but then the parent should stand up

Recently I was in Florida and I gave my seat up for an older woman. She said You must be British an American would never do that. Having said that I had an England shirt on
Hell these Yanks don't miss a trick do they

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..